Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,353

jedgamesguy

@CactusMan It’s a perfect crash course for Jungian psychology, Gnosticism, and Freudian psychology. I wonder if a better remaster than Golden is warranted on Switch. Then again the dated graphics wouldn’t be too out of place due to the likes of the SaGa games, FFX and so on.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

TheFrenchiestFry

@TheJGG Honestly if a numbered Persona game ever comes to Switch at any point I bet Golden will probably be first before the other ones, especially given Atlus in terms of remastering games has really been emphasizing the PS2 era of the series above the other ones

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry I wonder if perhaps Persona 4 Golden on PC was a response to the PS Vita store shutdown as in Atlus knew about the shutdown early.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano Probably not. I think it was moreso a response to Catherine Classic actually doing pretty well for itself given it was them testing how people would respond to them bringing their games to PC. Persona 4 Golden was definitely a natural step from that given the game being locked to Vita meant it couldn't really cultivate as large of an audience as Persona 5 ended up doing as a PS3/PS4 release

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

I know Persona 4 didn't really need it, but I wish it got a full remake in 5's engine. They already have the character models.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

TheFrenchiestFry

I'd personally rather see P1 and 2 get remade first. The classic Personas definitely have the potential to get really popular especially with people who don't like the direction the series took after 3 with its emphasis on the social sim/dating mechanics

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry It'd be neat to have Persona 1 and 2 fully remade honestly. I also feel like 3 deserves a remake, since it's the most dated out of the three modern games in terms of their mechanics.

TheFrenchiestFry

@VoidofLight Honestly I think all they need to do for Persona 3 is a definitive remaster release that has The Answer and Portable's QoL changes/FeMC, similar to how they're fusing the Maniax and Chronicle versions of Nocturne together for the HD Remaster

I'm honestly kind of wary at the prospect of Atlus remaking Persona 3 given how they handled addressing its ending and various story alterations they made in subsequent re-releases and other games that continued that story like Persona 4 Arena. A big one that comes to mind is how The Answer and partially P4A set up that the main protagonist didn't truly die and was able to be brought out of his state as The Great Seal, or how Persona 3 Portable's social link with FeMC and Shinjiro could potentially alter the fate he meets on October 4th through specific events that had to be played to advance the social link. I don't like the idea of Persona 3 getting a remake because I fear Atlus might actually try to canonize all that, and they were changes I felt removed a lot of the emotional impact of Persona 3's story.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry Oh, yeah.. I didn't think of that. I remember hearing about that all though, and it really undermines the message, so maybe just a re-release with some quality of life enhancements might be for the better.

TheFrenchiestFry

@VoidofLight I know P3 is like the ONE that everyone talks about whenever the idea of Atlus remaking a game of theirs is brought up and honestly I'd like to share that enthusiasm given the idea of P3 with P5's graphical fidelity sounds pretty sweet, but I also just don't want any of those unnecessary changes they forced onto the original story to be there for the sake of bringing it chronologically closer to stuff like The Answer and Persona 4 Arena

It's the same reason why some people were against the idea of Metal Gear Rising being set after MGS4 given Raiden's story ended pretty conclusively in that game and didn't need to be expanded after that for some

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry Yeah, that's understandable honestly. If they were just to port 3 to PC, and add in a couple quality of life features, I'd honestly just get that.

TheFrenchiestFry

https://personacentral.com/p5s-interview-story-action-rpg-ele...

A recent interview was conducted between Siliconera and the developers of Persona 5 Strikers talking about the exploration of certain concepts in the story as well as the decision to adopt an action-based system for combat

Daisuke Kaneda (Atlus director) also confirms there are no plans whatsoever for the action RPG gameplay systems to be used in the mainline numbered Persona games for the foreseeable future

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Screw Reasons

I wanna kick Metatron in the balls again

TheFrenchiestFry

jedgamesguy

Seeing that the Merciful difficulty has been locked behind the Digital Deluxe version is very off-putting. I'd like to have the chance to avoid getting one-shotted by the game's balanced battle system.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

TheFrenchiestFry

@TheJGG I don't think it's exclusive to Digital Deluxe

It was available as free DLC day of in Japan so it should be the same thing here

TheFrenchiestFry

jump

I've just had a looksie on the eshop itself and the mercy setting is free. I'm not sure why the article on the front page has mentioned it's part of the fancy edition.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

@TheFrenchiestFry Yeah I saw that. It was very confusing to say the least. Thanks @jump too! Ah well, hopefully I don't suck that much at RPGs to need a "Merciful Mercy" mode.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

VoidofLight

I heard merciful mode isn't really needed with Nocturne, due to it being easier compared to the others in the series. I heard that IV was the easiest one though.

mr_somewhere

Quick q, just in case I somehow missed this... but there is going to be a physical release for Nocturne, right?

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

TheFrenchiestFry

@mr_somewhere Yeah Nocturne's being released physically on both consoles

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic