Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,353

TheFrenchiestFry

@GilbertXI I feel like the first delay for P5 was so it could launch on PS4 as well since it was originally announced as solely a PS3 game, but the thing with P5 is that even if there were delays, trailers for it were coming at a way quicker rate

SMT V got announced at the January Switch event, then got a short teaser in October that year, and then literally nothing for 3 straight years until the Direct Mini which means they were probably working on it so it would actually be in a more presentable state way closer to launch. The decision to make it a simultaneous worldwide release, which Atlus has never done even with the Persona games despite their popularity worldwide, probably greatly impacted the pace of development as ell

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

GilbertXI

@TheFrenchiestFry yup, definitely. If Atlus were to delay the game I'd be quite understanding of the situation, they have a lot on their plate. When anything gives an extremely vague release window of an entire year, especially Atlus, I'm a little skeptical.

GilbertXI

TheFrenchiestFry

Persona 2, 3, 4 and 5's soundtracks are officially dropping on Spotify TONIGHT.

The soundtracks for Persona 4 Dancing, P4 Arena Ultimax, the Persona Q games, the P4 Reincarnation album and the Persona concert OSTs are dropping alongside these OSTs as well.

Well played Atlus

TheFrenchiestFry

Alex90

Why on Spotify and not on Deezer or Amazon Music? Smh

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster
Disciples III Reincarnation

TheFrenchiestFry

@Alex90 Probably because Spotify has more active users than either of those services. It's a good place to start in terms of music distribution since Spotify at this point is probably like only second to Apple Music in terms of the amount of users it has

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

So far in these past few months we've had

SMT III being remastered for Switch and PS4
SMT V being Atlus' first worldwide simultaneous release
Persona 4 Golden on PC
Persona 5 Strikers on PC
SMT III HD being leaked for PC
Catherine on Switch
Persona OSTs finally being made available to stream on Spotify worldwide

If Atlus next announces something like Xbox finally getting Persona 4 I'm convinced the timeline is broken lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Cynas

Looks like Dragalia Lost is getting a crossover with Persona 5 Strikers.

Persona 5 seems to collab with a lot of mobile games.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

TheFrenchiestFry

A Nintendo-published game is crossing over with Persona

Atlus' comedy routine with Switch-only people is getting WAY outta pocket lmfao

Smash was one thing but I could buy Persona being repped in Smash

This is wild

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Strikers continues to amaze. Just watched the IGN preview and I'm really excited for this release.

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

The Xbox account both makes jokes that I laugh really hard at and then start looking deeply into because they just casually name dropped Persona 5 like that

TheFrenchiestFry

crimsontadpoles

Currently playing SMT IV Apocalypse, and rather enjoying it so far. Since I'm already familiar with the mechanics from having played other SMT games, I'm finding it much easier to get into than I did with SMT IV.

SMT as a series seems to grow on me the more I play their games. I might finally be at the point where I consider myself a fan.

Spoilers for both SMT IV and IV Apocalypse, but I just want to mention Navarre. They took the most annoying character of IV and turned him into a goofy sidekick ... and somehow it works. He's still arrogant and smug, but I'm quite fond of him so far.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

TheFrenchiestFry

@crimsontadpoles I could buy Navarre being whiny and annoying because it's part of his character being a total sore loser as a rookie Samurai compared to the main cast, but I think the comedic relief role, basically being a more expressive Jonathan, suited him better. They probably thought they had to try harder to make him likable considering he was only minor in SMT IV and in Apocalypse he's a way more prominent character

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@crimsontadpoles Yeah, I was rather fond of Navarre's redemption in this game, considering he's an annoying jerkwad who is quickly disposed of in the previous game. He does end up being one of the best characters in the game. In general, I was a fan of the more prominent role humor and character development played in Apocalypse, although it's still certainly quite dark in parts - especially as the game nears its climax.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JoeDiddley

@crimsontadpoles I have a soft spot for Apocalypse but that’s probably because it was my first SMT game.

And ever since I hear it’s not a good one to start with. But from a gameplay and quality of life perspective it’s still up there for me.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley

I’m taking a hiatus from RPGs/gaming until Strikers drops as I got a little burned out but I’m currently watching the Persona 4 anime, and finding it more bareable than the Persona 5 one.

TheFrenchiestFry

The original P4 Animation is great. The animation can be ho-hum at times but it adapts the game pretty well and Yu was adapted pretty perfectly. I'd expect him to talk and act the way he does in the Animation based on his original design

TheFrenchiestFry

JoeDiddley

@TheFrenchiestFry yeah I think it’s working out pretty well. The Golden anime I hear is less good?

I also want to check out the Devil Survivor 2 anime at some point.

TheFrenchiestFry

@JoeDiddley The Golden anime was fine, but completely unnecessary. I found its writing weaker and even though the intent of the anime was to restructure the plot to reflect Marie's inclusion in Golden, it still felt like she was a last-minute decision considering even the scenes she was in put a giant halt on the pacing

TheFrenchiestFry

JoeDiddley

@TheFrenchiestFry that’s a shame.

I’ll probably try Devil Survivor 2 and Danganronpa as game related anime before I get to that then.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic