Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,353

mr_somewhere

Who knows what the reasoning was behind it.

Perhaps if people throw up enough of a stink about it they'll patch in the higher quality audio later. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. Gotta love the internet.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

TheFrenchiestFry

@mr_somewhere Knowing Atlus if they do end up patching in remastered music it'll probably be sold as DLC lmao

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

mr_somewhere

@TheFrenchiestFry God, hadn't even thought of that, you're probably right too! Would be par for the course. Is there dlc for the remaster? Would it be worth it for swimsuit demi-fiend?

The answer is no.

TheFrenchiestFry

To much shock and dismay, apparently the Switch can't handle a 17 year old PlayStation 2 RPG

That's honestly...pathetic. I hope they patch this mess up because apparently the framerate dips during Fiend battles according to the review. If not then I guess I'm going to get this on PS4

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry The framerate dips a lot, apparently, even in the PS4 version, if impressions I'm reading from importers are correct.

I'm still going to get the game, but a full-priced, poor performing port of a PS2 game with no QoL improvements and with paid DLC on top of everything just seems like a really poor showing. Other Atlus remasters tend to fix stuff and improve the base experience. Why do this legendary game dirty?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Krull

Early Nocturne reviews do not appear to be good - but I haven’t actually read any yet. I assume the performance is to blame, rather than the game itself. It does seem odd that Atlus could have bitched this so badly. I suspect SMTV will run better than III at this rate.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

TheFrenchiestFry

This honestly sounds like a really poor excuse for a remaster that allegedly took two years to develop.

Lmao so much for wanting more Atlus legacy content on modern systems. It doubly appals me it's apparently this bad because the Catherine Full Body Switch port was an excellent conversion.

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

I was just watching some PS5 comparison videos for PS4 performance metrics in Backwards Compatibility

Apparently Persona 5 Royal takes just 4 seconds to load up a save file from where you left off. Insane. Can't wait to play that game again when I get mine hopefully within the week after launch

TheFrenchiestFry

Losermagnet

@TheFrenchiestFry That sucks about Nocturne. I'll prolly stick my PS2 copy in that case. Hopefully they don't bungle SMT V

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Krull

Do we think Nocturne will get patched/rescued in time for the western release? It’s still months away.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

TheFrenchiestFry

@Krull Not holding out hope honestly but maybe if Atlus quickly issues a patch for the Japanese versions of the game as they did Persona 5 Scramble, maybe the Western versions will ship with that version of the software on the disc/cartridge

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@Slowdive No worries. It's a perfectly playable version of the game, and will look way better than it did on PS2.

If it was only on PS4 or something, I'd probably just stick with my PS2 copy, but I've been dreaming of portable Nocturne for ages now. No way I'm missing the Switch release.

Edited on by Ralizah

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah My big hope is that whatever they patch to fix these problems in the JP version happens before we get it in English so the game can ship with those updates already on disc/cartridge. I'm still getting it because I really want to own it physically though

TheFrenchiestFry

mr_somewhere

Holding out hope for a patch but in all honesty if this doesn't get patched by the time of the Western release I won't be picking it up. Performance issues on top of the soundtrack problems and making Dante dlc is just too much for me.

It's a shame because this is one of my favourite games but I would rather go through the hassle of getting my PS2 going again than play the game in a poor state. Game preservation is already in a poor state and these dodgy remasters aren't doing anyone a favour. I wish the publishers would take this more seriously.

TheFrenchiestFry

@mr_somewhere Honestly nah of all the DLC Dante is probably the most understandable considering Capcom had to license him out anyway for a fee from Atlus in order for the game to even include him. I can live with Dante being DLC, but everything else should've just been in the game.

TheFrenchiestFry

mr_somewhere

@TheFrenchiestFry I get what you mean, I should clarify that I mean to say the dlc stuff on top of all the other problems is what has somewhat soured it for me. Definite buy if it gets patched for me but otherwise I don't know that I can really justify it for myself.

For anyone who doesn't easily have access to a PS2 and original copy of the game I'd still say this will be well worth it, it's a stone cold classic frame hiccups or no.

TheFrenchiestFry

https://personacentral.com/sega-back-catalog-atlus-games-rele...

Crazy to me that a site as hellbent on milking the ***** out of Persona 5 port rumors as NintendoLife hasn't reported on this yet

I think a safe assumption is that Nocturne HD is coming to Steam based on the data leak yesterday, but Persona 3 is also probably a lock after P4G blew up on the platform and made an insane amount of money for SEGA in the summer. I also hope if Nocturne HD isn't a complete disaster, gets patched and does well overseas, that Atlus brings over their other PS2 titles, namely Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 as one big collection, as well as the Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha duology.

TheFrenchiestFry

Losermagnet

@TheFrenchiestFry i'm kind of surprised sega aren't rolling out remasters with a huge fanfare. Do they not realize the demand for SMT? Let alone Persona.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Losermagnet Lmao honestly the harsh truth is there's way more demand for Persona. I doubt anyone who hasn't already played SMT actively wants more content and SMT & Persona's fanbases definitely don't tend to overlap that often, especially now where there are still people who don't realize Persona 5 is part of MegaTen

I think Atlus probably just got too comfortable with having their best selling game in history be exclusive to PlayStation, in addition to said series outselling Megami Tensei as a whole despite that. SEGA actually had to push them to port P4G to PC in the first place

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

Not a big fan of promoting random YouTube channels, but this guy has been posting really detailed walkthrough videos about various obscure MegaTen games lately. I really enjoyed this video in particular.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic