Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,353

VoidofLight

And now this will become a pokemon level issue, where people will start freaking out and saying the game sucks because a demon isn't to scale, despite the fact that it literally doesn't matter.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Ralizah

@Snaplocket Out of interest, which demons are sized down that you've noticed?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Snaplocket Seth literally towers over a good chunk of demons in terms of sheer size. They wouldn't be able to make him presentable in battles without shrinking him if anything, especially given how the UI is presented during that portion of the game

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

Persona series 25th Anniversary Merchandise Shop has a new key art visual depicting every protagonist (including Persona 3 Portable's Female MC) in the Velvet Room

Untitled

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

I really dig the facelift Naoya got. It's like they took the PSP render and mashed it with the shading of P5R's renders

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Untitled

Happy 5th anniversary to the original Persona 5, which released in Japan on September 15, 2016 for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

Wondering when the first project announcement for the Anniversary will happen.

TheFrenchiestFry

@VoidofLight My bet is around the 20th. That's exactly 25 years to the day Revelations: Persona was released in Japan for the PS1

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry Ah, that'd make sense. I heard Atlus was attending TGS as well, so they'll probably reveal the project at their TGS event.

Alex90

Did you see the leak from NVidia? SMT V is going to Steam Baby! Makes sense because this game was developed for some years and watch sell only 1 million units on Switch. Atlus/SEGA is hungry for that Macca boys. We will get Steam version now.
Now Atlus, fetch me some Vanillaware games too!

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster
Disciples III Reincarnation

TheFrenchiestFry

@Alex90 You're a bit late on that

the NVIDIA leak was disconfirmed by NVIDIA themselves. The datamining effort was legit but the titles listed were basically completely speculatory and not actually representative of games in development according to them.

Some of the games there like God of War were only used for testing purposes and weren't actually confirmed for PC.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nvidia-confirms-leak...

TheFrenchiestFry

Alex90

Of course, they said that. This is some PR Emergency 101: denying everything until death. SMT V will get a Bravely Default II treatment, that is the undeniable truth.

edit: Ralizah... We will see it which timeline will the MC of the world would choose: a future with Nahobino enslaved by the chains of Nintendo Switch exclusivity or a glorious Nahobino spreading the word of Human Salvation on "Gabeboy" (aka Steam Deck).

Edited on by Alex90

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):

Ralizah

SMT V isn't going to Steam, lol. Atlus is serious about exclusivity of its games. And if Sega was going to push them to make something multiplat, it'd be the multi-million selling Persona 5, not the more obscure, hardcore series that spawned it in the first place.

VoidofLight

@Alex90 Yeah, no. Atlus usually never releases newer games on Steam. SMT is a nintendo exclusive. They'll probably put it on steam years down the line, like they did with 4, but that's about all I see them doing.

Ralizah

@VoidofLight Yeah, I could see a remaster of it going to Steam. But, for the purposes of playing it in the 2020s, it's going to require Nintendo hardware. Or emulated Nintendo hardware, I guess, considering how often I see people talking about emulating all manner of Switch games on their PC.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Alex90 Considering Atlus has flat out not only completely unaltered its decision to keep it Switch exclusive but even doubled down on it by having Kazuyuki Yamai defend it in interviews, stating that Switch was really the only platform they considered the game for, I wouldn't get your hopes up. If it comes to PC it won't be for years if Persona 4 Golden or Catherine was any indication

Plus if they haven't even brought the considerably more successful MegaTen game with a 5 in its name to platforms that aren't PlayStation, ain't no way they're going to start with the considerably less popular, more hardcore branch of the franchise even if it is a mainline game

TheFrenchiestFry

Alex90

I get it. The odds are against me. B-b-bu-but I am a man of faith. Miracles happen, guys and gals!

I am so spoiled that I don't need to wait more than December to get Bravely Default II on Steam because already launched with Steam Play compatibility in mind. No need for tinker Winetricks or custom Proton. It just works like any game on Windows.

(I)Atlus-Senpai already noticed the potential clients they have on PC. (II)You all seem to forget that in December, Steam will be more than just a PC gaming platform with Steam Deck. Trust me, It won't be a total failure like the abominable Steam Machines. (I) and (II) will collide and make SMT V on Steam a reality. If not SMT V, then other future MegaTen games. Doesn't matter anymore, I already win!

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):

Ralizah

I fully expect Atlus to continue branching out with future games. Hell, I'm halfway expecting Persona 6 to go to Steam. A Persona 3 remake going to PS4 and PC day one wouldn't surprise me, either.

But not with SMT V.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah Yeah I think it's safe to say Persona 6 will probably get a PC version if not immediately or simultaneously with PS4/PS5 or even if it's just a PS5 game, then definitely like 2 or 3 years down the line

SMT is still very clearly tied down to Nintendo systems. Nocturne getting a release on PS4 was probably them trying to capture the audience that played Nocturne back in the day on PS2 or even the Persona crowd that wants to get into SMT, but Nintendo platforms have hosted the series pretty much exclusively since Strange Journey and that stance within the company hasn't changed at all, which is why I'm not expecting it to change anytime soon either

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry Releasing Persona 6 on PS5 only would be incredibly uncharacteristic for Atlus, considering they pretty much always design the games to run on last gen tech.

IMO, SMT VI will probably release on PC as well, but it'll probably be a good 7+ years away at minimum. Mainline games in this series take a while to release.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic