Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,421

aperl19

@TheFrenchiestFry Interesting take. Persona 4 Golden was actually my first trip into either of the franchises, I am just starting to get into the Shin Megami titles.

aperl19

TheFrenchiestFry

So a recent ESRB classification for SMT V mentions online interactive elements

I'm placing bets on them trying to do all the Streetpass functions from SMT IV without Streetpass or a dungeon rescue system like Persona 4 Golden

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

mr_somewhere

@TheFrenchiestFry Could it just be related to the presence of DLC? Not sure how these things are classified. DLC is a given following the last few releases.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

TheFrenchiestFry

Kin-ki Boots

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

Today's translated demon video.

Currently Playing: n/a

Upcoming
WarioWare: Get it Together! (NS)
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

Ralizah

New demon video for y'all:

Upcoming
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

NatiaAdamo

A bit off-topic, but I couldn't find a thread on it and I can't search for it, I'll say it here.

One of the seven announcements for Persona's 25th WILL be a Genshin Impact crossover. The chances of it have been MASSIVELY increased because of the upcoming Horizon Zero Dawn crossover they're doing with PlayStation.

That being said, I have a feeling that the character is going to be Joker/Ren/Akira/insert name here because he doesn't really fit the weapon system of the game. No one uses daggers nor guns in Genshin. The character who is going to crossover is Yu Narukami from Persona 4. He would be a Male Electro Sword user; which if you exclude the player character, would be the first one. I can see him being the representative for the series because with the release of Persona 4 Golden on Steam (And possibly other platforms in September) he is known enough in the gaming landscape to be added. (Also, Yuri Lowenthal is already voicing a character in the game, that means Johnny Yong Bosch isn't far behind.)

One last thing, if anyone does have the link to the Genshin Impact thread, send it to me.

NatiaAdamo

VoidofLight

@NatiaAdamo I mean, Joker has his knife that he uses as a sword I’m pretty sure.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

TheFrenchiestFry

Today's Shin Megami Tensei V Demon Showcase video is on Thor.

I'm expecting him to have some direct relevance with the story a la Nocturne since he was front and center on the demon lineup in the initial Switch Presentation teaser and Odin in particular has been given way more prominence in recent SMT games like being part of the Divine Powers working as rivals against Dagda and Nanashi in IV Apocalypse.

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

The next demon showcase seems to be focused on Erthys based on the silhouette at the end.

TheFrenchiestFry

CactusMan

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster DLC is on sale right now, but I can´t decide if I want it or not. It still seems wasteful to me, but at least with 33% off you waste less money on it.
Does any of you know if the SMT III DLC is worth buying?

Bamm!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6657-1971-4787

TheFrenchiestFry

@CactusMan The only DLC I'd say is like actually additive to the game is the Dante one since it fundamentally changes aspects of your party with a completely different boss fight and ally

Apparently from what I heard the SMT music pack only plays when you're in the Vortex World and the extra dungeon is an addition that shouldn't have been paid DLC to begin with

TheFrenchiestFry

CactusMan

@TheFrenchiestFry Thank you I´ll get that one. It´s just €6, I like playing trough the game.

Bamm!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6657-1971-4787

Ralizah

Today's demon is Narcissus. I'm a big fan <3 Nahobino and Narcissus bonding over their long hair is hilarious.

Looks like Legion is next.

Here was yesterday's video:

Edited on by Ralizah

Upcoming
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

TheFrenchiestFry

Nice to see representation from other mythologies outside the ones we're accustomed to. I think this might be the first ever demon from Filipino mythology in the series

TheFrenchiestFry

Snaplocket

Really like the new demon designs. A lot better then the ones in SMT IV, that's for sure.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

TheFrenchiestFry

@Snaplocket I'm so glad Lucifer's back to his classic design after whatever the hell they did to him in SMT IV

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic