Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,353

TheFrenchiestFry

PFFFT things were going so well

Man the Amala Labyrinth is some bs lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

PlayStation Showcase announced for next week. I ain't saying that this is a definite bet for a Persona 6 announcement but it is coming up to the exact 25th anniversary of the series so outside of TGS, this could be the first possible place Atlus announces something given Persona is a series synonymous with Sony's consoles.

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry I feel like Persona 6 will get announced next year at e3, since the anniversary celebration is ongoing until next fall.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Ralizah

I'm not getting my hopes up.

Anyway, I think they'll remaster one of the older games before moving on to Persona 6.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

VoidofLight

@Ralizah I mean, 6 is coming, given Atlus officially announced it due to job listings. However, I agree. They’ll probably tease 6 like they did with 5 at e3 2022, and they’ll either port 3 to steam, or release 1 and 2 again.

Alex90

In the past, I wrote here that I hated the social stuff in Neo Persona games. That's not quite true. What I really don't like about Neo Persona games is the damn calendar system and the bad pacing between something happening and nothing happening in these games. I recently bought Trails of Could Steel and felt exactly like I felt playing Persona 4 Golden in the social part.

So I think that Persona 6 should be inspired by the pacing from Persona 2. And I hope for Persona 2 is remastered for current platforms.

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster
Disciples III Reincarnation

VoidofLight

Eh, I like the calendar system and hope it comes back in Persona 6. Couldn’t imagine a persona game without it.

Octane_st1m

@Alex90 Labyrinth is damn brutal. Did the first Kalpa expecting a reward but got nothing. LOL! Gonna make a run for the 2nd this weekend. I might take a peek at a walkthrough but I don't want to spoil anything. Also feel you on the calendar system in Persona 4/5 getting a bit stale during mid game right now. I find that I'm dragging myself to finish the days to access the next dungeon. At least in 5 you got Mementos to juggle with daily stuff if you want to.

Octane_st1m

Ralizah

Calendar system is pretty much synonymous with Persona at this point, and it's what distinguishes the series from other MegaTen properties. It's so popular series like Trails and Fire Emblem have borrowed the structure as well.

My only real issue with Persona is the unbalanced battle mechanics, which, on the hardest difficulty, make random battles ridiculously easy and turn boss fights into annoying battles of attrition. Give Persona 5 the mechanics and difficulty balancing of SMT IV: Apocalypse and it'd be an almost perfect game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Alex90

I understand things happen according to a timeline, but for God's sake why do we have to put up with hours of no mierda happening breaking the immersion of the story. Fire Emblem is another one that has fallen into the same trap, making the game have a terrible pacing when the story goes into war.

It makes sense for you to teach your students while countries are at peace. But during a war, every moment counts. Then this "Persona" system ends up being a big downside of the game. You keep teaching your students as if nothing happened. Then you fight a random battle in a week. Next time you train. Next you go to another random battle with no ties to the war. And only then does something happen.

Imagine Hitler invaded Poland. For a month nothing happens. This month every week we go fishing, surfing, going to the beach, planting herbs and all the terrible minigames that have been added as if the Poles hadn't been wiped out. Then Pearl Harbor. Then let's do homework! Forget everything that happened, let's have some effing tea. Then, out of nowhere, D-day happens... repeats the same meaningless thing until the end of the conflict. Sorry, this is stupid. I much prefer Shadow Dragon than this mutant Persona/Fire Emblem monster. Calendar system sucks

Edited on by Alex90

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):

VoidofLight

@Alex90 I mean, with Persona it makes sense, given that the main mechanics of the game revolve around the calendar, and even though the downtime does become a bit annoying towards the end, that's only because you start running out of things to really do outside of the main story events themselves.

Ralizah

@Alex90 I LOVED the monastery bits in the first half of Three Houses, but they really should have changed something after the time skip. Most of the campus is deserted anyway.

Ralizah

https://personacentral.com/shin-megami-tensei-v-soundtrack-pr...

From the little we've heard of it, I'm thinking SMT V's soundtrack is going to be my favorite in the series.

I like how the first disc is orchestral remixes of classic themes through the series' history. SMT I's battle theme hits totally different.

Edited on by Ralizah

TheFrenchiestFry

This OST is super atmospheric. Definitely evoking some Nocturne vibes but with a bit more of an emphasis on rock instrumentation similar to SMT IV/Apocalypse

Sounds really good

TheFrenchiestFry

Alex90

The demon daily showcase vol 84: "Come to your Mother!" intensifies

Edited on by Alex90

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):

VoidofLight

I don't really get bothered by things not being to the scale that they should. All I really care about is the graphics not being eye bleeding, or the gameplay not being sucky.

Alex90

It would be a nightmare to animate Big demons like Ubelluris and Seth in the middle of three other party members. If every three combinations of demons plus Nahobino get their unique party animations ... the total combinations are (I think SMTV has 204 demons confirm, edit nope it's 214) 214x213x212 = 9 663 384 different animations. I understand your feeling though... but I want the game out on November 12

Edited on by Alex90

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):

Ralizah

Can't wait for the inevitable bl doujins.

Edited on by Ralizah

Fangleman32

I only play these game s because other monster collecting. The plot is not high on my list as many of them in the series have been so-so.

Fangleman32

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic