Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 2,134

BruceCM

Haven't played those, @Pizzamorg .... Should I bother with the 1st now or just go straight to 2? Have played Ghost Recon Wildlands & mean to get around to Breakpoint, if those are similar enough Mind you, I only got Wildlands when it was 75% off the ultimate version, which made it almost the same price as the base game in the sale but did include some useful stuff, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Pizzamorg

BruceCM wrote:

Haven't played those, @Pizzamorg .... Should I bother with the 1st now or just go straight to 2? Have played Ghost Recon Wildlands & mean to get around to Breakpoint, if those are similar enough Mind you, I only got Wildlands when it was 75% off the ultimate version, which made it almost the same price as the base game in the sale but did include some useful stuff, lol

That is kinda hard to answer. 1 has the better end game and a surprisingly different loot system. However, obviously, player population is going to be generally quite low. So unless you have friends to go through with you, you may not have a great experience. However, should you have friends to team up with, I’d argue Division 1 is the better game.

Division 2 is obviously the more populated game and arguably has more refined gameplay/game feel, but it doesn’t have as strong of an endgame (it is basically a “create your own” kind of endgame, really) and I feel like almost all of the changes to the game post Warlords made the game worse, but I guess you won’t know any differently as you’ll have never experienced the original loot system.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

BruceCM

Yeah, I hardly know anyone who plays on PC, @Pizzamorg ..... So, I'd only get any game if there's enough to play without relying on the multi-player part! But I remember I got a key for The Division 2 from Ubi in one of their streams I watched, so I should try that game sometime, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

Pizzamorg

For what it's worth I highly recommend it, it's one of my favourite games of all time.

edhe

I recently bought a games bundle, and there are a number of download keys I'm not that interested in redeeming. The following games are up for grabs:

12 is better than 6
20XX
Anodyne 2: Return to Dust
Barony
Boreal Blade
Clustertruck
Crowntakers
Disc Room
Embr
Farm Manager 2018
Figment
Fling to the Finish
Four Sided Fantasy
Golf It
Heaven's Vault
Helheim Hassle
Hyper Light Drifter
Jumpala
Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2
Kind Words
Make Sail
Murderous Pursuits
OCO
Pankapu
PC Building Simulator
Project Winter
Radical Rabbit Stew
Regions of Ruin
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
Red Orchestra 2
Samurai Gunn
Scoot Kaboom and the Tomb of Doom
Shift Happens
Sizeable
Surviving Mars
Tales of the Neon Sea
The First Tree
The Haunted Island - a Frog Detective Game
The Void Rains upon her Heart
The World Next Door
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Unrailed!
Urban Trial Tricky
Wheels of Aurelia
Witch It
XTHRUST

ie., most of them - the YouTuber who promoted it was purposefully cryptic (not naming any of the games within) when promoting the bundle, because a lot of the games are pretty unexciting.

If anyone is interested in any particular game on the list, add me as a friend on steam (edhe1984), and i'll send you a key as quickly as possible. I think they might expire by Saturday.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

6ch6ris6

@edhe sent you an invite (Ginger Freeman / 6ch6ris6)
could i please get 12 is better than 6, Clustertruck, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam and Red Orchestra 2?

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

edhe

@6ch6ris6 it hasn't appeared on my notifications yet, but I've sent you an invite too. I'll check back later. I'll be at work from 5pm, so I might not be on again until tomorrow

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

TommyTendo

I started playing MapleStory again. It's some years since last time.
There's too much stuff now. The game was much better before 2010 when the Big Bang update came and turned everything on its head.

skywake

One thing I love about PC gaming is the ability to revisit older titles that used to be demanding. Just installed and played a round of C&C Generals Zero Hour which back when it came out my PC struggled to run. Kinda crazy going back to it now, maxing out all of the sliders etc. Game pretty much loads instantly and never drops a single frame

Of course rationally this isn't that impressive, the game is old enough it can almost vote. Quite literally the hardware I originally ran this game on would be less capable than my watch, and not by a small margin. But it still blows my mind seeing a game I played enough at a lower level of performance that the performance dips were "part of the gameplay" and having the game just.... not stop....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

6ch6ris6

@skywake haha true

i kinda have an opposite example.

i used to love to play mega race 2, but i never had a pc with a soundcard back in the day so i was always listening to music over a seperate stereo system (usually linkin park - hybrid theory). i didnt get any sound from the game at all. only visuals. i did this for years. also for other games. it was a very specific experience that way.
years later with a proper pc that had a soundcard, i tried the game again with only the game's sound and it was so bizarre. i actually prefered my own style of playing with music over a seperate sound system.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

edhe

All of the other codes are accounted for, so these are the only ones left. They may expire in the next 24 hours, so be quick, if any take your fancy.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Pizzamorg

So we did the whole best Switch games of the year, but PC really is my main platform so I figured I’d so something similar here.

My overall PC game of the year would be Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I technically owned the originals on PC already and I feel like the PC versions hold up better than the console versions did. However, while I’m not entirely sure how good these remasters really are in the context of remasters, the Mass Effect trilogy remain some of the greatest games ever made. Nothing has really quite replicated the way in which you shape the narrative across the games in quite the same way (even if a lot of the smoke and mirrors become obvious in repeated play throughs), so any chance to sing the praises of these games again are fine by me.

My top five runners up would be:

1. Monster Hunter Stories 2.
2. Biomutant.
3. Life is Strange: True Colors.
4. Far Cry 6.

And…

5. Outriders. I know what I said a few posts ago. I had a real hard time knowing what to do with this. Outriders was in a lot of ways a disaster, a victim of it’s own hype and I think in a less dry year I wouldn’t have put the amount of hours into that game that I did. But that is almost irrelevant, because the reality is for me the first half of 2021 was a wasteland. This was excellent for my backlog, but not so great when it came to that wonderful hype cycle and just having a conversation to be a part of, which is half of the fun of gaming. So, because of that, I played a lot of Outriders, I played more Outriders than I did any other game this year. It isn’t as good as really most of the games I played this year, but I feel like I can’t put all those hours in and not include it on a list.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

BruceCM

I'd played the Mass Effect trilogy on GamePass while I had an XB1 S, @Pizzamorg .... But controller support for the PC version was iffy, so I was happy to buy Legendary Edition just for that

SW-4357-9287-0699

RR529

I think the only PC games I played that released this year would be Alba: a Wildlife Adventure, Fatal Frame V, & Tales of Arise. Amongst those I'd definitely say Arise is my favorite, great JRPG.

Though I want to give an honorable mention to Microsoft Flight Simulator. It didn't release this year, but it provided one of those truly "wow" moments I don't get in gaming often anymore. Truly the ultimate open world experience, with the ability to go anywhere in the world. Words can't describe how cool it was to be able to take off from the small military airport just outside of my no-name Midwestern city and easily be able to locate my highschool & house recreated in game.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BruceCM

Ah, that's one I picked up in some sale on Steam, @Zuljaras .... Not got around to playing it yet, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699

TommyTendo

I got a free month of Xbox Game Pass with my new laptop.
I wonder if there's any games worth downloading on there.

Buizel

@TommyTendo What genres do you like?

I highly recommend Psychonauts 2.

At least 2'8".

Buizel

@TommyTendo Great, very similar to my tastes on the surface then!

I also recommend checking out Control (great third person shooter/action game with Metroidvania elements) and the Yakuza series (story-driven action/beat-em-up with RPG elements; 0 is the usual recommended starting point but Like A Dragon is a fine entry point and is a turn-based RPG).

I personally have also used Game Pass as a platform for experimenting with indie games before ultimately buying them on the Switch.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic