Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 2,134

dmcc0

@TommyTendo If you've only got a month then I personally wouldn't bother starting any long RPGs if you've no intention of keeping the sub going - might not be able to finish them in time.

As @Buizel says, depends how you want to use the sub - could try out some stuff that's on Switch to see if it's something you'd want to buy or go for something you might not normally have access to. Recently finished The Gunk which was pretty good. Also recommend A Plague Tale, which I thought was fantastic.

A couple of the earlier Yakuza games have actually just left the service - including Yakuza 0 - so won't be able to start at the begining if you go for those.

dmcc0

Pizzamorg

So God of War on PC is getting insanely high reviews, much like it did on PS4 all those years ago.

I wonder what this means for GOTY conversations. It is technically new on PC, but not a new game. And potentially with how it is currently rating, there may be no other games that rate that high for the whole year or even only a handful that are equal/higher or even close.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

BruceCM

Started God of War on Steam.... So far, chopped a tree down, took it home & hunted deer but I'm sure there'll be proper action soon

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Pizzamorg

I tried playing God of War on a keyboard and mouse and it is rough. It is clearly designed for controller, so that is what I'll do (an Xbox controller). Maybe unsurprisingly since it was a game built for the PS4, but whatever. Likewise, as a PS4 game, maybe it should be unsurprising the PC optimisation is pretty beautiful. Game looks gorgeous, runs in high FPS rocksteady.

Tell you what is also like that? Resi Village. I finally decided to sit down and give it a proper go. Shooting still feels hella clunky as you are unloading like twenty bullets into an enemies head to kill them, enemies which move way faster than you can actually track in game but on a technical level, this game is insane. The level of detail, the fidelity and the performance shouldn't all be able to exist in this harmony like this.

I have a pretty weird relationship with Resi, as I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I've actually played a lot of the releases over the years. Maybe up until like the 2010s or something? Then I just completely fell off. I tried 7 because of all the hype, but I just found that game so frustrating. Everything was so hard to kill, but you'd die so easily, all of the annoying ass puzzles and forced stealth crap.

8 seems to have so far done away with a lot of that, enemies are absolute bullet sponges still, but I seem to always have an abundance of materials to keep my bullets/health items up, plus you just don't seem to die as easily so it feels more action focused. The sort of "trek from one end of a level, to bring an item to a door, so you can do it all over again on the other side" loop is kinda annoying, but each new door always opens to some truly wonderful location. I ain't saying Resi 7 was bad visually, it fit for the nature of the game, but in 8 the art team seem to have been given all the budget they could want to just go nuts and somehow it doesn't force the game to run like *****.

Plus, I kinda like how they seemed to have almost dropped horror entirely for more just like some bonkers superpower anime, just makes it more enjoyable to play. I love watching films like Resi 7, but I just don't find it that run to play. 8 is more like an anime ghost train and is better for it (to me).

Edited on by Pizzamorg

BruceCM

Oh, I usually play PC games with an XBox like controller, @Pizzamorg .... RE8 was pretty good at supplying enough of everything & looks amazing

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
I started playing for an hour.

Running at 4k 60 on High Settings using Balanced DLSS and VRR. Looks great, runs great.

But there's no PS button prompts- only Xbox. Despite having native support for the Dualsense. Such an oversight.

And, there's no mouse input. At all. Mapping gyro requires using mouse-like joystick, which isn't nearly as good. And to make matters worse, it has this weird decceleration so that fast movements result in shorter on screen travel than small movements. I don't understand why they don't enable mouse input.

And the rumble isn't HD, which is pretty disappointing given this would have been a perfect opportunity to utilize it with the native Dualsense support.

Overall a great port, but it has some issues I may wait for them to suss out before continuing further. Aiming the axe with analog sucks. And while the fake analog gyro is better than nothing, it's not ideal. I can deal with Xbox prompts, but they really need to add mouse input.

Also started MH Rise. Looks great, runs great. Just wish there was save transfers.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

symmy

Dump that Logitrash and get a 360 pad.

symmy

BruceCM

Hope they patch all that in for you, @JaxonH .... I'm liking it quite a bit so far myself, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Pizzamorg

So is controller working for everyone else then? I tried a controller just now and it seemed completely *****? Insane amounts of input lag, some buttons don't seem to work at all and it seems to do some random inputs at times for no reason? And before the basic questions are asked, no, it isn't my controller.

Also, can we just appreciate how insane this game looks? I made this little gallery of four screenshots taken with DLSS at maximum (ultra performance) and it still looks better than like 99% of my library: https://postimg.cc/gallery/f059NVD

Edited on by Pizzamorg

JaxonH

I've made a major breakthrough, and I'm here to share.

So. Let's talk... Switch Pro Controller on PC.

Many, no doubt, will have dealt with issues syncing and pairing consistently. It's a widely known problem. For this reason, I and many others have opted to not use Switch Pro controller on PC.

Well, that's all about to change. I've cracked the code.

Switch uses Bluetooth 4.0. Nowadays everything is 5.0+ And that's where the conflict arises. Switch Pro will pair on 5.0+ but won't reconnect. Here's how to solve the issue.

Buy a Plug and Play Bluetooth 4.0 adapter. Also buy a Plug and Play Bluetooth 5.1 adapter. Then buy a USB hub with buttons to activate each port on demand. Put the 4.0 dongle in one port, and the 5.1 dongle in the other.

Pair your Switch Pro with the 4.0 dongle, but pair your Dualsense, Xbox controller, etc, with the 5.1 dongle. Simply activate whichever one you're using as needed. Simple as that.

Now I can keep Bluetooth 5.1 for everything else, but still use my Switch Pro controller for Steam when I don't want to use the Dualsense (its less ergonomic, so putting hundreds of hours into MH Rise with it wasn't a very appealing notion).

But ya. That's it. If you want a recommendation for a Bluetooth Adapter that will make your Switch Pro work perfectly, here's a link. In fact, here's all the links for the whole setup

Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

Bluetooth 5.1 Adapter

USB Switcher Hub

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

Nice to hear good things about God of War, definitely on my radar. I have a few too many games on my backlog on PC ATM to drop full retail on a title but (major Switch releases excluded of course). Beat Shadow of the Tomb Raider the other day, probably should finish off Ori & Batman Arkham Knight rather than jumping into Dirt Rally all the time. Kinda want to give Bioshock a spin given I never played it and it has been sitting in my Steam Library for years now.... criminal I know. After that prob Shadow of War

Was definitely worthwhile getting a second PC specifically for my TV (and migrating the 1660Ti across to it). I'm actually playing through my Steam library a bit now rather than just always going to Civ and Cities Skylines. Hopefully by the time I get around to God of War it's on sale and I can get a better GPU for cheap. At the rate I'm going that's prob likely!

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

BruceCM

I got 20% off the pre-purchase in a key site, @skywake .... Never pay 'full' price for stuff on Steam! Arkham Knight & Shadow of War are worth playing, so get on with those, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699

PSVR_lover

I love PC gaming. I use a Alienware M17 R4 laptop and it runs great. Does not over heat at all. It’s my 2nd gaming laptop and my last one still runs great. I am playing Gray Matter and it looks simply amazing.

I have a Switch because I love collecting physical games and the Switch has lots of great collectibles.

I’m a very happy gamer!

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Pizzamorg

So I said I wouldn't, but I did: https://postimg.cc/gallery/8GsCmd1

I still wouldn't argue that the double dip is worth it, this is very much a game designed for the Switch, so the PC controls are pretty horrid (I ended up just using a controller) and while they are cleaner/more detailed visuals, again, you can clearly tell this was designed with the Switch limitations in mind so the higher res visuals just end up exposing that here, more than they enhance anything. Things like the higher FPS is nice, but it isn't something I am very sensitive to and since the Switch version is so stable, I wouldn't really argue it adds a huge amount to my overall experience. Maybe I would feel differently if I literally had them running side by side, I dunno.

I dunno what this means for me and Rise on Switch. I have friends on both platforms but as I've said a lot and won't labour I don't like Rise's current "endgame" and felt I had very much taken the game as far as I could go in my 75ish hours with it. But I loved the majority of those 75ish hours and I had a friend who doesn't have a Switch who wanted to play and I figured why not. I guess I'll need to see where I am at in like 6 months time as to whether I invest in Sunbreak on console or PC.

JaxonH

I wonder if the Xbox buyout of Activision means their games will be put on Steam instead of their stupid launcher.

Probably, since the games will be on Windows for Gamepass. Meaning no launcher there. And all Xbox's other games go to Steam

RR529

Started up Lego Builder's Journey today for something a bit lighter.

Absolutely gorgeous little game with some real Captain Toad vibes (largely due to the little diorama level structure). Just completed the part where I had to build a robot to bust into the industrial/factory area.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

In my frustration with Xbox not having gyro aiming, I decided to finally learn keyboard and mouse. Both for Xbox Series X and for PC, though I'll still likely use a controller with gyro when it's an option.

Anyways, here it is. Here's the haul.

Razer Turret Xbox Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
Untitled

iQunix L80 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Brown)
Untitled

Glorious Model D- Wireless Mouse
Untitled

Couchmaster Lapboard
Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

Ralizah

@JaxonH Why so many different keyboards?

Is only the one mechanical?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

That's dedication. I have a number of keyboards but they are primarily for work/writing. I use a basic g105 for gaming and a logitech media computer keyboard.

(for work though I have a kinesis freestyle and a logi mx ergo as well a a logi g105 and a g 910)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

I wanted the Logitech G502 wireless mouse with Hero sensor so badly, but all I read over and over and over was the switches going bad, widespread issue. It's actually incredible how many keyboards I looked at but had to rule out due to having one fatal flaw.

Razer Widowmaker v3 Pro was my first choice but apparently keys start double pressing, widespread issue. Then the Corsair K63 was next in line but it had other similar widespread issues. Then Logitech G915 but their keys break, also widespread. It's like... goodness. I never knew it would be such a pain trying to find a good gaming keyboard!

Finally watched these videos and he was clearly an enthusiast that knew about solid brands and models that weren't just the popular Amazon Top sellers.

@Ralizah
There's only 2.

The bottom pic is a lapboard- it's just demonstrating how it looks with a keyboard on it. It's just the board underneath.

Basically went for Razer Turret for Xbox, how this whole thing started. But after thinking on it and doing... gosh... 10+ hours research? I decided I wanted a solid mechanical wireless keyboard with cherry mx brown tactile switches for my PC, and a solid wireless mouse for my PC also, just to have a good PC setup if needed.

The Razer Turret might get returned if the iQunix and Model D- impress as much as I hope they do. Then again, Series X only has one front facing USB, and the Turret only needs one dongle for both, so it's a really nice fit. Specialty use with the limited support, but nice nonetheless.

I had already ordered the Turret though, so I figured I'll use it for Series X, and I have a proper set for PC now as well. I really hate getting up and switching dongles all the time. I've got elaborate usb switchers for all kinds of stuff. You should see my Switch OLED dock lol. Swapped to the OG dock cause it fits in a USB hub dock made for the Switch dock to nest into. Plugged another 90 deg angle extension out the side and have a 4 port USB hub and another few dongles in the ports of the dock hub, one of which is output to Arctis 9 wireless dongle, which itself is ran through a separate 2 port switcher so I can alternate to off and the light doesn't blink.

I've got USB connected from Switch, PS5 and PC all running into a 4 port in 1 port out USB switcher which my DAC/Amp is connected to with my Sennheiser 800S headphones. So I have a remote that toggles the inputs between the 3, with port 4 not being used so it's "off".

Ya. Call me lazy, or maybe just extremely anal about efficiency. Or maybe it's just a hobby of mine to radically streamline my setup. Idk. It does lead to alot of extra expense though.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic