Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,675

crashcontrol

I just got the original FF7 after I finished FF7R a month ago and it’s kinda surprising how much story the added in the remake. I’m about 2 hours in and its actually aged surprisingly well.
I’m hoping to get FF9 and FF15 next.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Dezzy

@crashcontrol

If you hadn't played the original, aren't you kinda spoiling the rest of the story for yourself now?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Between work, post Nintendo Direct hype, and IRL in general, I actually hadn't played since mid-week until earlier! Still in Sabin's bit; I just picked up Gau and am spending a bit of time in the Veldt to try to pick up more monster abilities for him. I did admittedly consult something for this part as I was sure Leap wouldn't work on all monsters. Turns out I was right! Not sure if I'll spend time picking up every single one, but I've gathered a fair few abilities now.

I'm 100% certain by this point that Kefka is a sadistic psychopath. At least some of the Empire's other higher-ups seem to have a shred or two of honor and humanity....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

The guide cover what you can get in your current bit, then, @Tyranexx....? I'm not a fan of Gau, so I just get whatever I can in the trip to the cave

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
Gau was like a clone of Strago.
Both of them can learn Enemy Skills but in different way.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Yeah but there's an important difference, @Anti-Matter.... You choose what you want Strago to do each turn, not just at the beginning of the battle

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

Finally finished Sabin's bit and am now dealing with Narshe's invasion. Definitely an interesting bit since some of the characters are a little underleveled. Glad I spent half an hour grinding Sabin, Cyan, and Gau earlier!

@BruceCM Gau has been quite an asset IMO, especially since I can't seem to trigger Sabin's Blitz abilities correctly.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

BruceCM

Ah, I guess it doesn't have the little display they have in Steam version, which shows your inputs, then, @Tyranexx ....? It's entirely possible to just stick to that 1st blitz you had to use when he fought his brother, though! (left-right-left) That's one thing that's actually a lot easier in the mobile port because they put up the 8 big arrows on screen & you tap them, lol
I wondered if I should alert you to make sure you had equipment for everyone for the Narshe bit but hopefully you did! You can basically make 2 teams, with whoever you like least stuck at the back & if you do it right, they'll never get attacked

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I did find the menu screen that shows the various Blitz commands, but I can't seem to activate them properly. I press A after I select Blitz, then input the left-right-left command, and....

INCORRECT BLITZ INPUT! (Cue wasted turn)

[Insert Tyranexx malfunction here] ( )

I made sure to stock up on equipment at the last town I was at; a lot of it seemed like a decent bargain, so I wanted to be prepared when everyone did meet up again. Turned out to be a lucky break lol. I actually split everyone into three teams, which seems to have worked so far. I suspended the game right before attempting to take out Kefka, so we'll see how well my strategy holds up.

BruceCM

Yeah but on Steam version, there's a little display while you're doing it, showing what you're pushing, @Tyranexx .... Not sure what else to suggest! Maybe someone here that's played it has some ideas what's likely to go wrong
I hope that's the team with Celes in it for her runic

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Turns out I was just timing the Blitz inputs incorrectly. I was waiting too long I think. I've since gotten them to (finally) work.

As for Kefka, I beat him with a team of two that admittedly didn't have Celes. I dumped her and Terra into two different parties, then had a wild card party that consisted of Cyan and Gau. I rushed him with the latter lol. Gau's Hazer Rage comes with a decent Bolt 2 attack, and Cyan's Sword Tech attack was at level 4. I did use a few healing items, but either they were slightly over leveled or I was just lucky lol.

So now that Terra has become a screaming flame banshee of death (That scene was REALLY well done for the era this came out in IMO), I've put together a party consisting of Edgar, Sabin, Celes, and Locke and am navigating the left side of the starting continent. I've found some interesting backstory related to the two brothers and Locke (I swear someone was cutting onions next door....) and last stopped near the sketchy town of Zozo. Haven't properly explored it yet though.

Edited on by Tyranexx

BruceCM

Heh, well, that's effectively a dungeon, @Tyranexx .... There's a couple of items around before the 'tower' but sounds like you shouldn't have too much trouble there! & I just returned to Vector for, shall we say, a meal? You'll know what I'm talking about when you're getting there!

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Zozo is a dungeon, you say? Duly noted! I was a little disappointed I couldn't get into the opera house before this part, but I have a feeling I'll be revisiting it.

Glad I didn't read that part about food until after my late supper lol.

BruceCM

Yeah, you'll have to go to the Opera house after Zozo anyway, @Tyranexx .... I just saved after my Vector bit, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

Think we'll get any Final Fantasy in the State of Play today? Either FF7 Remake next-gen, or more info on FF16? They did say there'd be more about that this year.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

One question about World of Final Fantasy MAXIMA.
How to imprism every single monster as i couldn't imprism monster anytime i want ?

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

1. Recieve the monsters Prism the first time you encounter it
2. Fulfill the monster's requirement for the Prismtunity (Libra tells you what you have to do)
3. Attempt an Imprism (random chance of success, which is related to it's level)
4. Level the monster to unlock another Prism on it's Mirage Board to capture another one
Found that, @Anti-Matter ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
So, the imprism mechanism is not like catching Pokemon that we can capture the monster anytime we want as long we have the gadget to catch them ?
I always see grey color for imprism command for the same monster that i have captured before.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Well, I've not played it myself, so I just googled, @Anti-Matter .... Maybe someone here has played it?

SW-4357-9287-0699

TheFrenchiestFry

They're going to port this onto Switch like they did Pocket Edition instead of the actual Remake watch

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic