Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,675

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I checked out both shops and bought two of the tools, but off the top of my head I don't remember which ones. XD I don't anticipate being able to play more until this evening, unfortunately.

Go loot-crazy on Mount Kolts, you say? Will do! And I'll be sure to...erm...redeem some bandanas! I love Locke's "Treasure Hunter" distinction lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Heh, don't spend hours running around to get the bandanas or anything, @Tyranexx .... You can use the free bed in the nearby hut (that you have to visit before going up Mount, anyway), too. Oh, the weapon shop in Figaro town does have the 'tools' for Edgar, along with some other upgrades. Yes, it is still worth getting them & popping across to the armour side

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Duly noted! I'll keep that in mind when I boot up the game shortly.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

BruceCM

When you're doing the raft bit, the 1st direction choice doesn't matter but the 2nd time you want to pick 'left' .... I've just finished Locke's scenario, after doing Terra's! (You can do them in any order but since Sabin's is much longer than the other 2, I'll do that now)

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

I actually stopped at the raft bit last time I played. Specifically at a save point. Still quite an interesting plot IMO. Looking forward to doing those scenarios!

BruceCM

In Locke's 1, look out for the staircase through the wall on the left, once you're into the dungeon, @Tyranexx .... Just finished Sabin's & the bit after that!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Didn't have a ton of time to play last night, but I did finish the raft section (weird boss lol) and went ahead and did Locke's scenario. Finished that one, now onto one of the other two during my next session! Leaning towards saving Sabin's for last after you mentioned it's the longest.

This game certainly loves using Moogles! They're still a bit of a novelty for me since I'm relatively new to the Mana series as well.

Edited on by Tyranexx

BruceCM

Cool, @Tyranexx .... Sabin's is a LOT longer than the other 2! Hope you got all the stuff down in that basement dungeon

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I checked everything I could think of in that basement dungeon, so hopefully I did! I'm still going through as blind as possible; the only reason I've consulted the general page contents of a walkthrough is to gauge how far I am into the game.

BruceCM

Well, you can't go back there if you did miss anything, @Tyranexx .... If you managed to get down the stairs I highlighted, that's probably the trickiest part of it, though! Please keep me posted on your progress

SW-4357-9287-0699

Balta666

BruceCM wrote:

Well, that game gets talked about a lot more than FFVI, @Tyranexx .... I'd heard about that before playing it, too But before playing FFVI, I didn't know anything about it at all! Look forward to seeing your post when you've played a bit

It was really good to play FF VII when it came out on PC in the 90s when internet was not spread as todays... That moment is probably the most memorable in my whole gaming

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Heh, in that case I probably did miss a couple things in that basement dungeon then. Oh well. I'll live lol.

Didn't play too much again last night, but I made it through Terra & Edgar's scenario and started on Sabin's. I picked up Shadow and made it to briefly controlling Cyan during the siege of Doma Castle. Control then switched back to Sabin/Shadow. I stopped there for the evening; I wasn't entirely sure what to do next, plus it was late enough that my brain couldn't process much more text lol.

@Balta666 I am enjoying the plot so far! I've been pleasantly surprised by the writing and characterizations up to this point.

Edited on by Tyranexx

BruceCM

Well, there's a couple of tents with chests you can loot there, @Tyranexx .... Then, just head further into camp & you'll get scenes! There's another couple of chests & most of the rest should be obvious, but just let me know if you need more help

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Ah, so there IS more to do there. My intention was to confirm that during my next session; I had went back to the map and was wandering around a bit lol. Like I mentioned, I was pretty mentally done at that point. Shoveling 9+ inches of snow out of a driveway does that to a person. Thanks!

BruceCM

Yeah, you have to go through the camp to get out the other side, @Tyranexx.... It should be fairly obvious where after that Hope you got Shadow? Save often, since he can leave randomly until the train bit & he leaves anyway soon after that

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I was under the impression Shadow can leave without warning. Namely due to one of his comments. I've been abusing save states during this portion quite a bit lol.

BruceCM

Well, I just did the Opera bit .... So, on the way to Vector now!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

Love the opera.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Done The Facility .... & the Sealed Cave! How's @Tyranexx doing?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic