Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 952

status-204

I love the look of it, feels like they're finally daring to try something new and fresh. I mean, they tried with 15 as well I suppose, but that was such a mixed bag. I hope this turns out good, but it's certainly promising.

Switch FC: SW-4802-1501-8621

Octane

Did you hear that Square? The game is already banned, you can pack up and leave.

Octane

Dezzy

BruceCM wrote:

FFXVI announced.... It looks amazing! Anyone excited? 👍

I've played every Final Fantasy on launch day for the last 20 years. This was the best announcement in the whole presentation as far as I'm concerned. Even better than God of War 2.

We've never had 2 big budget single player Final Fantasy games happening at the same time. This has to be one one of the best times to be a FF fan.

Anti-Matter wrote:

Final Fantasy Roman number was already dead since XIII.

Are roman numbers a problem too? You liked FFVIII, which definitely used roman numbers.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

status-204

I found it amusing it said "Playstation Console Exclusive" and then in small letters "Also available on PC".

I feel like that's Sony and MS in a nutshell; since I have a good gaming PC, their consoles are irrelevant. Especially since on PC modders tend to fix what the developers don't bother with on consoles.

Edited on by status-204

Switch FC: SW-4802-1501-8621

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
In my opinion, FF XII was the last great Final Fantasy despite of very boring political storyline.
I have FF XIII PS3 too but only FF XIII i allowed despite the gameplay was Blah and the storyline too. XIII-2 was not something i will consider, Lightning Returns just NO.
I don't play MMO games so i skipped completely FF XI and FF XIV.
I banned FF VII R for explicit swearing words.
I banned FF XV for rated 18+ stuff DLC.
I banned FF XVI too for inappropriate contents i found after 2 minutes from the trailer.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Favorite Rhythm games
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Pop'n Music
5. Beatmania IIDX
6. MaiMai
7. Taiko no Tatsujin
8. Dance Evolution
9. Sound Voltex
10. Mambo-A-Gogo

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Dezzy

Anti-Matter wrote:

Lightning Returns just NO.

Well you're certainly right there.

status-204 wrote:

I love the look of it, feels like they're finally daring to try something new and fresh.

Or old and fresh.

I like the fact that they made it very different from 7 Remake, so the 2 won't feel like they're clashing too much.

Edited on by Dezzy

DarthNocturnal

Well, I was excited until the timed exclusive bit...

So, same as FF VII R; I'll be excited when I'm told I can actually play it.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Quimbolas

Seems interesting but the combat system dont seem appealing to me.....
I would love them to go back to turn based or an aproach similar to KH, but dont seem very probable to happen..

Quimbolas

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

We still don't know how long that exclusivity lasts! We've just assumed it's a year, but they haven't actually said that yet.

NintendoByNature

Saw the trailer. Looks great too bad its not coming to switch that we know of

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

DarthNocturnal

@Dezzy

I mean, I believe it doesn't have a release date. And then the exclusivity waiting period, which could easily be a year... yeah, I'm putting a hold on my excitement. For now.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Tyranexx

NintendoByNature wrote:

More or less my reaction. My first exposure to the news, surprisingly, was a Reddit thread dedicated to it that ran across my news feed.

Before I get too excited though, I should probably play one of the other main entries first.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, Super Mario Odyssey

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yesssss!!! When are you going to. Even i have surpassed you with the amount of games I've played in the series 😉. Dont worry its only 7 and 9. You can easily catch up.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

NintendoByNature wrote:

I was saying they should've made the next mainline FF game a Switch exclusive, given the size of the install base (in Japan especially). I think they're committed to the idea that Final Fantasy should be at the cutting edge of technology though. They have said that quite a few times before. Although this doesn't really look much more graphically advanced than XV or 7R to me. They're definitely reaching diminishing returns.

Slowdive

I sometimes wonder what Final Fantasy would be today if the series' original staff members didn't leave their former company. There's nothing "Final Fantasy" about the newest entries anymore; it's a series that finds itself in an identity crisis.

I fear for the the fate of the Dragon Quest franchise when Yuji Horii is no longer at the helm of that franchise.

Edited on by Slowdive

Currently playing:

Dezzy

@Slowdive

Quite a lot of the original people are still there! Certainly the people from the PS1 era at least.

Slowdive

@Dezzy You are absolutely right! I should've worded it differently: instead of original staff, I was actually referring to Hironobu Sakaguchi and Yasumi Matsuno in particular.

Currently playing:

Daniel36

Anti-Matter wrote:

I banned FF VII R for explicit swearing words.

The original FF7 had that too, and I felt it was wildly inappropriate and not fitting at all. It completely killed the game for me.

Then again, I once read that the original FF6 script had some explicit swear words too, though I am not sure about that one.

If anything, swear words have no place in RPGs, bar MAYBE ones that take place in present day situations, but even then, I hate it. I was also REALLY disappointed when it occurred in Octopath...

Edited on by Daniel36

Daniel36

Rexenoboy

I honestly thought FFXVI looks more interesting than any FF game since FFXII.
I love the setting they've chosen for this new installment!
Too bad I won't be able to play it for a very, very long time though. I'm not interested in buying a PS5 and it's going to take ages before it gets ported a Nintendo console.

Treasure Acquired

Switch Friend Code: SW-2309-0756-6597 | My Nintendo: Rexenoboy | Twitter:

Dezzy

Rexenoboy wrote:

FFXVI looks more interesting than any FF game since FFXII.

Sounds like you like the Matsuno stuff. That's what this is closest to in its style and setting. Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story and FF12

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic