Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,675

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Haha, I know where to come for pointers!

The GBA games are an "eventually" purchase, though fingers crossed Nintendo eventually adds GBA VC to NSO and SE jumps on board lol. I do have a means to play GBA games still.

No PSP or Vita either; the former came out when I was a kid and was definitely out of a reasonable price range, at least at launch; the Vita launched while I was in college, so broke college me picked the platform that had 1. more franchises I was familiar with, and 2. was cheaper after its initial price drop.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Well, it's certainly possible that SE will do Switch ports of FF IV & After Years, @Tyranexx .... I'm surprised they didn't do them while they were doing all the others Probably better to see how you like IV as it is, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
I felt FF IV After Years was ruining the storyline of FF IV.
Zeromus ressurected again as Zombie, really ??

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I'm open to more Switch ports and remasters from SE as long as there are plenty of QoL improvements. Though in terms of After Years, I'm mostly sticking with main entries for now. I do know about the various versions of XIII. Though I think I'll try X-2 sometime after I play X since I have the dual cart.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

BruceCM

"Versions" of FFXIII, @Tyranexx ....? They're a trilogy! Anyway, plenty to play for now!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Yeah, trilogy, versions, etc. Etc. I know there's more than one at any rate! But yes, I have more than enough FF, not counting other games, to keep me busy for awhile lol.

BruceCM

& starting FFVI Saturday .... I hope you do like it!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

As do I! I intentionally don't know much besides the fact that it has steampunk themes, has 14 playable characters (not counting temp party members), and the name of a certain not-so-nice clown.

BruceCM

That's more than I knew before starting the game for my 1st time ......

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

Heh, what can I say? I try to remain as unspoiled as possible, but the internet unfortunately makes that VERY difficult sometimes. I know a bit more about FF VII, including a MAJOR spoiler, thanks to the fact that everyone thinks everyone has played the game....

BruceCM

Well, that game gets talked about a lot more than FFVI, @Tyranexx .... I'd heard about that before playing it, too But before playing FFVI, I didn't know anything about it at all! Look forward to seeing your post when you've played a bit

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ralizah

FFVI and VII compliment each-other nicely. Both games attempted to address more complex and adult themes than their more simplistic predecessors. Both feature very grungy, science-fiction-inspired settings.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Replaying now & just got to Figaro Cave .... (NB, the castle does have a few chests you can loot & you want to buy the 2 blaster weapons from weapon shop but NOT the auto-crossbow)

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

So at what time is this news out of Japan expected re:ff7?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

@JokerCK

Has it finished then? Where did it actually say they were going to announce something in the first place?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tyranexx

BruceCM wrote:

Replaying now & just got to Figaro Cave .... (NB, the castle does have a few chests you can loot & you want to buy the 2 blaster weapons from weapon shop but NOT the auto-crossbow)

That's close to where I stopped earlier, actually; I suspended the game just after getting to South Figaro. Had a bit of a late start - I slept in a little more intended. XD

VERY interesting plot so far with some neat characters and decent writing. Needless to say I'm invested! The mechanics are for the most part typical RPG fare, though I'm still getting used to the controls somewhat. I'd forgotten how closely related the FF series is to the Mana series; I was pleasantly surprised to see Moogles and Chocobos appear so early.

So far I'm just using the default character names. I figured that would be better vs. coming up with some random name and then trying to discuss characters later if needed.

BruceCM

Oh, well, I hope you got the 2 tools & checked out the other shop in the castle, @Tyranexx ....?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Krull

Love that you are all playing FFVI - I fully intend to do so this year too. I had the mobile version, but I hated the shiny graphics so much that I stopped playing.

Going to try the SNES original instead.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

BruceCM

Just done Mount Kolts .... You can loot all the chests there! (There's a couple of hidden paths early on that both lead to good stuff! Try to 'treasure hunt' bandanas from zagrems, too (he's not a thief, it can't be stealing, lol)
UPDATE: Done the Hideout after & there's stuff to loot there, too. If you want the genji glove, you have to say no to Banon 3 times, otherwise you get the gauntlet. Former lets you equip 2 weapons & the latter doubles power of one weapon, instead

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic