Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,675

NintendoByNature

Is anyone playing the collection of saga? How are the games if you are? I'm considering picking it up.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

So Famitsu did that thing where they ask Japanese devs about their plans for 2021, and Kitase makes it sound like we'll be hearing more about FF7 Remake in 2021. Basically no chance the next part comes out in 2021, so it'll probably just be that we hear their general plans for it, and hopefully it will release on other platforms too.

Honestly just show me a picture of the party hanging out in Kalm and I'll be happy for a year.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/12/famitsu-interviews-japanese-c...

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Well, it's only next year they can bring part one to Steam & XBox .... But hopefully they can say something about part 2, as well!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@BruceCM

They still haven't actually confirmed Part 1 had a 1 year exclusivity deal. We're all just assuming that. It could be 2 year though. That's apparently what Project Athia is:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-08-square-enixs-pr...

At least if it was a 2 year exclusivity, the upside would be that Sony will have paid them more for it.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Yeah actually I just searched, and what I said before was totally wrong. They did confirm just 1 year on some of the game boxes:
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/02/06/final-fantasy...

So yeah PC and Xbox in April then! I just hope they fix some of the bad texturing in the slums areas. Also 60fps on the new consoles would be nice. Although not essential for this type of game.

It's made in Unreal Engine too, which is incredibly easy to mod. The PC mods are gonna be mad for this, Lol.

Edited on by Dezzy

BruceCM

I was going to say I'm pretty sure FFVII Remake was 1 year, at least for PC, @Dezzy .... Isn't that the same for Athia, comes to PC after 1 year & then Xbox another year?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Have you not played it at all then?

@BruceCM

Nope Athia is PC from launch, alongside PS5. I think what they're doing is just experimenting with different exclusivity models, to see which is the optimum approach for revenue!

Edited on by Dezzy

BruceCM

Oh, then it's EGS for a year or something, @Dezzy .... I'll wait for Steam version

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Oh yeah I think you did say that before, but I forget who said what. You must be part of a very small minority who have an Xbox and Switch but not PS4.

BruceCM

Same reason I don't need XBbox or PS.... Most of it is coming to Steam

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Dezzy

With PS4, there's not enough that says "must have" to me.

Yeah you've lost me there!
Lol, my favourite games of this gen have been:

1) Witcher 3
2) Breath of the Wild
3) FF7 Remake
4) Uncharted 4
5) God of War
6) Bloodborne

4/6 are currently Sony exclusives!

BruceCM

Yeah, FFVII Remake will definitely come to XBox, @DarthNocturnal .... Spiderman games definitely won't & there's certainly no guarantee they'll ever come to PC I'd check those out if I got the console but they're not what I'd buy it for. All the games I definitely want are coming to PC & most of the ones I'm vaguely interested in, as well

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Yeah I'd say PC release is pretty much 99% guaranteed. Square Enix have brought most of their major games to PC in the last 5 years. And the Final Fantasy games especially sell quite well on Steam.

Xbox is probably like 90% guaranteed. Although I think they might skip the Xbox One and go straight to SeriesS/X.

TheFrenchiestFry

@DarthNocturnal I wouldn't count on Spider-Man getting ported to Steam honestly and Xbox is definitely out of the question considering Sony Interactive Entertainment is publishing the new Spidey games and Insomniac is also now a first party studio for them

I feel like they're pushing Spider-Man really hard as a PS5 flagship right now with both Miles Morales and the remaster of the PS4 game that they aren't really considering porting it to anything else. Bloodborne though is one I can absolutely see happening given Souls games have a super large playerbase on PC

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

urrutiap

Is it just me or that the older Final Fantasy games are much easier to get into and enjoy while Final Fantasy X, XII, XIII and XV tend to get more complicated with wild crazy gameplay gimmicks that take awhile to get used to?

urrutiap

Anti-Matter

@urrutiap
Yup, you are not alone.
But FF VIII was quite complicated if you don't know how to junction your character's stats with certain GF and magics.
FF IX was the easiest to understand as your characters will learn the abilities from certain equipments and have to be mastered by collecting certain AP then you can use the abilities permanently, just like you install the software into hardware.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@urrutiap

I dunno if I necessarily see that progression over time. X and XIII I thought were both quite simple. XII is definitely one of the more complex because of the gambit system.

I'd say V and VI are both relatively complex as well, so I don't think it's a recent thing.

urrutiap

Im still trying to understand and get used to Final Fantasy XIII's skill tree leveling up and the whole paradigm stuff to have characters be good at either a healer or main attacker. If I want to screw around with a tree branching type of skill stuff when leveling up Ill go fool around with Skyrim or Kingdoms of Amalur or whatever

urrutiap

Snatcher

I got a day left should I buy final fantasy 8 or pass it up I have been playing 7 and loving it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic