Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,675

Snatcher

@NintendoByNature ok good i'm going to wait for now.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Don

I hope we get another Final Fantasy 3 release that has save points in dungeons, especially the last two.

Don

crashcontrol

I recently started FF7R and I gotta say it’s amazing with the visuals, characters and music.
I’m only on the 9th chapter and never played the original but I would recommend it to any RPG fan out there.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

urrutiap

Been playing and zipping through Final Fantasy IX for my Nintendo Switch. Got up to Burmecia that i completely forgot about Quina so I had to backtrack to Qu's Marsh to get Quina and started grinding/catching up on a few blue magic that i could get.

so now things are back on track where Im plating as Garnet and Steiner to arrive at Treno.

urrutiap

Dezzy

Don wrote:

I hope we get another Final Fantasy 3 release that has save points in dungeons, especially the last two.

I don't understand why the Apple/Android versions of FF3 and FF4 haven't been released on Switch yet.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Snatcher

OMG OMG OMG OMG I'm so sad I just got to the part where aris dies I can't, she is dead it can't be real she is dead. I'm so sad I loved her and she was the only healer I had Oh man

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Dezzy

Lol, 25 year delayed reaction.

Edited on by Dezzy

urrutiap

so far for 2021 starting with this month, ive beat Final Fantasy VII, VIII Remastered and Final Fantasy IX. Now its time to get back into Final Fantasy Type 0 along with Final Fantasy XIII.

urrutiap

Dezzy

@urrutiap

You did all of that in 3 weeks?

urrutiap

yeah those old 3 Final Fantasy games are easy to play through since I have played them before years ago.

Plus they have turbo speed and "invincibility" since theyre for the Nintendo Switch.

Time to move on and play the more modern stuff like Final Fantasy Type 0 that i always wanted to play

urrutiap

Dezzy

This new translated interview with Kitase makes it sound like we might get an open-world type situation for the next part of FF7. He at least hints towards that, by suggesting the expansion of the world was something they found most important about Remake.

Edited on by Dezzy

Tyranexx

Folks, I've finally unboxed my SNES Classic again. After briefly revisiting a few games on it over the next few days, I've decided I want to start Final Fantasy III/VI. Any words of wisdom before I dive in to make my life a bit easier? No story spoilers please. This'll be my first proper Final Fantasy.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TheFrenchiestFry

@Dezzy That's pretty unsurprising. Considering the last game was just Midgar which was pretty linear and short in of itself in the original game the next game opening up is to be expected

Now the question is will the open world be long stretches of nothing with the occassional battle with a common enemy type before you eventually get to places like Kalm or Costa de Sol. This was a complaint I personally had with Final Fantasy XV and its open world

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

BruceCM

Hmm, well, put everyone in back row, @Tyranexx... Don't open the chests in dungeons, generally, until 2nd half of the game If you need more, let me know

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Okay, you're gonna need to elaborate on the chests a bit. Is it clutter you can't use until that point in the game? Or will that constitute story spoiler? I'm game for anything else.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

BruceCM

Well, most of the chests in dungeons for the 1st half or so of the game turn into better items in the 2nd half, @Tyranexx .... You can probably find guides covering just that, if you really want to know exactly which ones change to what

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

Last time i continued my World of Final Fantasy MAXIMA Switch i felt pretty cringey to read and watch the awkward conversations between the twins and Final Fantasy characters. I turned off the voice and speed up the dialogues so i can focus in finishing the storyline as i felt disappointed by overall presentation of WoFF Maxima. 😑
Let's check my complaints.
Empty world like old Kingdom Hearts, check.
Cringey conversations, check.
Locked camera angle, check.
Complicated features, check.
Oh, well...
But i still have to finish the game.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Tyranexx

If it's your first time playing any Final Fantasy game, you really shouldn't worry about guides and secrets. You should just play it naturally.

@TheFrenchiestFry

I don't think it really is expected though, because if they expand the rest of the game world in a similar way they did with Midgar, the rest of the story would just take too long to finish. You'd be looking at like 5 or 6 games in order to finish the whole thing. It seems very unlikely that they're going to do that. It will probably be 3 games, or 4 at the most. That means the rest will have to be less expansive than Midgar was.

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Ah. That's good to know. Especially since I'm quite a chest opener and item hoarder in most games lol. Thanks! I'll need to curb some of those tendencies.

@Dezzy Go in as blind as possible then? I intentionally don't know much, only that VI is one of the recommended games to start with. Especially if one doesn't mind 16-bit graphics.

The closest games I've played to Final Fantasy are the Bravely series, and that's only a loose connection. If I recall, early on the first game was intended to be a Four Heroes of Light entry.

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I remembered from FF VI walkthrough, there was a missable character Shadow.

If the player escapes the Floating Continent without waiting for Shadow, he is presumably killed in its fall and is not available in the World of Ruin. When Shadow is recruited in the World of Ruin, he is a permanent addition to the party. You better wait him or he will be permanently unavailable anymore.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic