Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,675

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

It's possible but I don't think so.

I don't think they'd make financial predictions based on something that hasn't been revealed yet, and isn't part of a continued franchise (so they know the average sales potential). Simply being a well known movie franchise is no guarantee of anything in the games industry.

We are talking about huge financial projections. About 4 times as much as Tomb Raider and Just Cause 4 combined. That's over 10 million copies. I really don't buy that they'd have that level of confidence in a completely new game that they have no audience reaction to. Whereas FF7 could very easily match that.

Combine that with the fact that Nomura recently answered a question where he said his keyword for 2019 was "Seven": https://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-news-2019/

I think this is it!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Isn't FFVII Remake still episodic though? So like part 1 may come in holiday 2019 but that only covering say the first fifth of the original game for example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Honestly after KH3, I'm kinda weary of the remake. I'm wondering what story changes they're gonna make to better fit the expanded universe they've made with some of the FF7-related media.

TuVictus

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Yes as far as we know it's definitely episodic. They never specified how many episodes they'd divide it into.

One explanation for why they're (possibly) releasing it earlier than people expected is that they have just broken it up into lots of episodes. So like you say, it could just be the first fifth of the game.

They did say each episode would be the size of a full game though. So the community has generally assumed 3 parts will be the magic number (they also said it would be like the FF13 trilogy, so even though they didn't explicitly say 3 parts, it was kinda implied by that). 5 parts probably wouldn't give you each episode being a full game. Unless they were to really cram it full of new material.

Edited on by Dezzy

Eagle9

Have been replaying FF Theatrhythm Curtain Call, inspiration thanks to those republished FF's for Switch : )

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Dezzy

I preferred the first Theatrhythm as it had more of those video stages. Those were the highlight for me!

Anti-Matter

Unfortunately...
For me
Dance Dance Revolution series >>>>> Theathrythm 😁
I like to move my legs and body to hit the corresponding arrows rather than touch the screen only.

Anti-Matter

Eel

Completely different games, you don’t even need to compare them

Also rather off topic, so let’s please stay in-topic.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Dance Dance Revolution is always on-topic for Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Btw, is it me or World of Final Fantasy was Too Chatty during the gameplay ?

Anti-Matter

Xyphon22

I'm playing through 3/6 on my SNES Classic right now. I don't think I'm that far into it yet (I just did the opera scene and got on the airship). It's fun, but I don't think it compares to Chrono Trigger yet. It seems a lot easier, and there appears to be no reason to ever pick the Fight command over the special power. The only thing that makes it difficult is that the Blitz commands never register correctly so I usually waste a turn with Sabin. It's like Chrono Trigger was amazing, but more of a straightforward RPG, so they put a lot of extra fluff in this one that are mostly overpowered or useless (I actually don't know which game was made first). Does it pick up, or stay like this throughout the game?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Dezzy

@Xyphon22

The basic setup stays the same. Although the story does change a lot in the final third.

Xyphon22

@Dezzy OK, thanks. Yeah, I've heard of the big turn that takes place halfway through. I assume that is what you are talking about. And after I said what I said above about it being easy, the very next place I went has suddenly become a lot harder (the Imperial city Vector or something like that). The two things I really don't like are random encounters and having all of the possible teammates but being stuck with whoever you choose for so long. I wish it was either limited like Chrono Trigger or let you change on the fly (preferably the former).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Dezzy

Ok so they've announced a FF7 concert a day before E3 in LA:

It's called "Symphonic Reunion". "Reunion" was the term they used in the reveal trailer for the FF7 Remake to describe the remake itself.

A few years back, this is how they revealed KH3, at a dedicated concert event.

I'm 90% sure this the remake reveal. Reveal at the concert and then show additional footage at E3.

Edited on by Dezzy

TuVictus

I hope so. I need to be convinced again

TuVictus

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Reunion is also that thing Sephiroth wants real bad.

Yes, it's a thing within the game too. The reveal trailer used double entendres with a lot of references from the game to describe the real-world anticipation for the remake. This is what it said:

"The memory of the star that threatened all burns eternal in our hearts.
In its wake came an age of silence.
Yet with each fond remembrance, we knew: those encountered were not forgotten.
But after the long calm, there are now beginnings of a stir.
The reunion at hand may bring joy, it may bring fear.
But let us embrace whatever it brings. For they are coming back."

If terms of the in-game story, those passages make no sense at all. It's obviously referring to the real-world love for FF7 and the anticipation of a remake.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic