Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 1,675

Tainaru

I am kinda disappointed by the trailers of 16. It does not feel like FF anymore.

Tainaru

Solaine

@Tainaru What is missing for you? Well, personally i am not really interested in FF either since X so it doesn't for me as well, since there are different developers and all

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

VoidofLight

I’m really excited for XVI. Game looks really good graphically, and the story seems incredibly interesting.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jedgamesguy

Was that an older Clive talking to a clearly-same-aged Joshua? Oh dear god this is gonna be horrible...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

@TheJGG It seemed to be in like some weird mental space. The same area where he’s in with the two Ifrits. I’m fully prepared for this game’s story to tear me apart

NintendoByNature

Is it a safe bet switch won't be getting the actual FF XV and we'll only get the pocket edition? Just trying to decide if I should give up and buy it on xbox.

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature At this point, we most definitely aren't getting XV. It's been years since they moved on from it.

Eel

Pocket Edition is a great way to experience the story of FFXV. It cuts down all the unnecessary fat and gets to the point.

The only thing it’s really missing is the dlc chapters from the main version.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

moomin

I'm replaying XIII and in retrospect (i.e. knowing how bad and soulless XV felt [to me]) I can kind of appreciate it more. It's still mediocre and way too self-serious but I like the world design and combat. I want all of the characters except Fang and maybe Lightning to get mauled by rabid bears.

There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.

Magician

Hmm, it's sounding like XVI will be the tipping point that forces me to purchase a PS5.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

card-crunch78

I’ve never really gotten into FF except for their cameos in Kingdom Hearts and Smash.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

moomin

I got to the halfway point of XIII today where the Space-Pope turns into some Megatron abomination with upside down angel faces covering it and it was soooo rad. I wishthey used that art directioncfor an actually good game lol.

Edited on by moomin

There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.

Vortexeo

I'm so happy the pixel remasters finally have a release date! If you buy the bundle for all six do they download as separate games or are they all packed into one?

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

NintendoByNature

I forgot the price for each was quite steep. I'll probably start with IV or VI first. Those are probably the best of the bunch yes? No need to buy all at once knowing the total cost and how I'd never finish all of them this year, let alone next.

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature I was thinking of getting those two first as well, especially IV since I have been wanting to play that again for awhile now. I have the first game on my NES Mini and isn't the first one on the NSO.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki yea I have the mini too but I don't think it's on NSO. I also have the snes mini and that has one of the FF games on there, but I can't recall which one. I'd probably never play it on there anyway so I'll buy it on switch.

NintendoByNature

themcnoisy

Hi everyone. I've just rebought a switch due to chained echoes and the lack of comparable games on my xbox. Also having lost a bit of timber quite fancy a bit of Ring adventure to keep the motivation!

Reason I'm posting is if you are picking up the FF pixel remasters you should really play chained echoes. The quality of life improvements over the earlier 8 bit / 16 bit games help the genre massively in this day and age. I've since gone back to play ff6 and it is real slow and busy work like healing up is frustrating. God only knows how the 8bit games (which had been surpassed 30 years ago) will stack up.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic