Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 1,675

RR529

@Eel, I could actually totally see it end up being Redemption

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jedgamesguy

I'm more feeling Reunion. Sephiroth mentions that in-game ("a touching reunion") and it fits with Jenova cells reuniting with their host.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

I'm waiting for FF Tactics from PSP get Switch / PS4 / PS5 version so I can play FF Tactics again on big screen.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

I'd love that, too, @Anti-Matter ....
Huh, I'll make another almost inevitable prediction, then, @Vortexeo. Vincent will be the dlc for Rebirth
Oh & Intergrade is Steam Deck verified, for @JaxonH

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

chima22

I'm also waiting for the switch version of FF Tactics.

chima22

Eel

Maybe they'll give us all the 2D Final Fantasies and Chrono Trigger as 2D HD versions... for free!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Maybe with tomorrow's partner showcase, we'll get console versions of the Pixel Remasters? Chrono Trigger console port?

Please don't get my hopes up. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Eel wrote:

Maybe they'll give us all the 2D Final Fantasies and Chrono Trigger as 2D HD versions... for free!

Uh, definitely not for free.... Lol
I'll keep wondering if Star Ocean 2nd Evolution R is coming, too! & Maybe Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions

SW-4357-9287-0699

Mgalens

@DarthNocturnal
Thats still one of my most wanted announcements.
the last time any of the pre VII ones came to console/dedicated handheld was back when the psp was still viable.

really though i feel like getting them later on with the fixes the pc/mobile ones got through patches would be preferable to them being released with bugs and performance issues.

Mgalens

Xyphon22

OK, maybe this is a dumb question, but in FF VII, am I supposed to know what I'm doing and where I'm going (which I don't), or am I supposed to be completely lost? I have just gotten Cid and the plane-now-boat and went to the nearest beach and ended up at Wutai I think it's called. I went around the town and discovered there is really nothing to do there, so I pulled up the walkthrough I've been using just to make sure I'm on the right path. It turns out this is a completely optional place, there is stuff to do here if you have a certain person in your party whom I have never met nor heard of before so clearly do not have them, and the place I am supposed to go next I had no idea I was supposed to go there. Was I supposed to know what to do next, or am I supposed to just wander aimlessly until I stumble upon something that advances the story? And how did I miss a whole party member (actually according to the walkthrough I think there's at least one other that I don't have, too)? I've also completely bypassed entire cities that I was supposed to go to, even ones that the game told me to go to (Gongaga, I think. Someone told me Sephiroth was there, but I never made it there and found him somewhere else). I'm generally enjoying the game, but this is strange, and I would much prefer not to have to keep a walkthrough open and religiously follow it just to move forward.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Vortexeo

@Xyphon22 Honestly, during my playthrough of FF7 I think the need for a walkthrough kept growing as I progressed. There were some things that were really hard to find and I have no clue how I would've found them without a guide 😅. I assume they used to sell strategy guides with older games like this. Also yeah, FF7 has two optional party members. I found one of them on accident but I don't think I would've found the other if I wasn't following a walkthrough 😅

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

BruceCM

Heh, I know which one that'd be, @Vortexeo .... & there certainly is an official guide for this game I've seen advertised, @Xyphon22! If you need any guidance, do ask, I probably remember & can check details for you

SW-4357-9287-0699

Xyphon22

@Vortexeo @BruceCM Cool, thanks. No, I don't think I need any guidance. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything in the game like some sort of quest log or arrows on the map telling me where to go. I do have the walkthrough for emergencies (like now, who knows how long I would have wasted trying to find something to do in this town if the walkthrough hadn't told me there isn't anything without that one character I don't have). I clearly don't follow the walkthrough at all times or I wouldn't be missing so much, but that's the way I like it. I want to figure out as much on my own as I can, but I'm not going to waste hours just wandering aimlessly around the world.

Xyphon22

BruceCM

Yeah, games didn't tend to have much guidance like that back when FFVII came out, @Xyphon22 .... If you can go back for the missing character now you know about them, that'd be good?
Keep us posted, please, then

SW-4357-9287-0699

Xyphon22

I got through the Temple of the Ancients last night and found and subsequently lost the black materia. This is definitely a game that when I'm all done, I'm going to have to look up a recap of the storyline because I don't think I'm entirely following it. Why were there suddenly multiple Sephiroths and multiple Clouds fluttering around? I don't know. Also there is now once again as far as I can tell absolutely no clues as to where I'm supposed to go next. So back to the walkthrough I go!

Xyphon22

Eel

My dvd of Advent Children came with a video recapping the PS1 game. Even after playing the game and watching that, I wasn’t a 100% sure what actually happened 😅

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Xyphon22

We'll, I just finished part 1, got through the Forbidden City or Forgotten City or whatever it's called, and I assume if you've played it you know what happens there. As I said in the Nintendo Switch thread a bit ago I accidentally had it spoiled for me a little bit ago, but it still came as kind of a shock because I didn't expect it to happen this early in the game. But now I can move on not knowing what is going to happen.

Xyphon22

BruceCM

& do you agree with the list having it top, yet, @Xyphon22 ....? Please do keep us posted on progress!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic