Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,675

Eel

Ah so individual releases it is then. Hopefully they won’t go and try to charge $15-30 for each or something like that, like they do with the existing remakes. My wallet wouldn’t like that.

@BruceCM isn’t it implied to be some sort of reimagining of the first game?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

I dunno, @Eel .... In that case, it isn't replacing the game & I don't see it meaning they'll suddenly hand over the franchise or anything? I was hyped when I heard it was happening before but I'm sure we'll see more of it soon enough, if that'd help

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

Well, at least they're individual releases so consumers can pick and choose if they want. Better than bulk-buying the whole package if one doesn't want to.

@BruceCM Yep, that's why I mentioned a potential later announcement. Still, with the games on offer, it seems odd that they aren't more up front about the remasters hitting other platforms...if they are at all.

Ah well. Plenty to play without going crazy over these. I'm mainly interested in the collection for V as I already have IV and VI in some form.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

@BruceCM I’m not really trying to say the game will have some sort of catastrophic effect on the franchise, I was just saying it reminded me of Megaman Act Zero. (As a concept, I’m not trying to imply the game will be bad!)

@Slowdive that kinda raises more questions with the chronology of things! Hah. Well I guess we can assume the time loop from the first game has something to with it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

Better Portable FF 1 - 6 choices in my opinion:
FF 1 & 2 PSP version / GBA version
FF 3 NDS + PSP version
FF 4 NDS version
FF 5 Advance GBA version
FF 6 Advance GBA version

Anti-Matter

Zeldafan79

The one opportunity to put the classic FF 1-6 collection on switch and they blew it! I just...I have no words. Except Bull shuvick!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

crashcontrol

That presentation wasn’t that good wish they showed at least FF16 gameplay but instead they had this generic guy talk about how he wants to kill Chaos for 2 minutes lol.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

SmartNickname

@Anti-Matter I'd say FF 4 PSP (The Complete Collection) and FF 5 and 6 are way better when patched, both Advance versions of course

SmartNickname

VoidofLight

@crashcontrol
"I GOTTA KILL CHAOS"
"I NEED TO KILL CHAOS"
"I HAVE A THIRST TO KILL CHAOS"
"CHAOS"

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

BruceCM

Well, they seem certain they are all new, @Slowdive.... I'm sure they'll show more soon, so we can see how they all look better, as well

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

VoidofLight wrote:

"I GOTTA KILL CHAOS"
"I NEED TO KILL CHAOS"
"I HAVE A THIRST TO KILL CHAOS"
"CHAOS"

Every time I heard the word "Chaos", I can't unsee Hacker (voiced by Christopher Lloyd) from Cyberchase saying it. XD Thanks childhood.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

It seems its a series more than a collection, after checking, @Slowdive.... But options are good!

SW-4357-9287-0699

VoidofLight

There’s a demo of the chaos game that exists, but it’s only on ps5 and it’s a corrupted file.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Dezzy

Well "Final Fantasy Souls" looked a bit crap. They somehow took 2 well loved series and combined them together to make something that looks worse than both

Slowdive wrote:

Have they given any more info on exactly what this means? What is a pixel-perfect makeover exactly? If it was "pixel-perfect", surely that would mean it's just identical to the originals (and therefore not an actual makeover)?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

@Dezzy I assume the pixel perfect makeover bit is a reference to the fact that the sprites seem to be based directly on the originals, if you look closely at the scenes from the NES games, the enemies and characters still have the original shape and proportions as the 8bit sprites, but with more details and color.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

Oh ok well that's a bit of a let down. I'd just assumed those short clips were from like the GBA games or something, not actually new footage.

The version of FF4 there actually looks worse than the PSP version. I'm not sure what the point of calling that a "remaster" was exactly.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic