Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,675

Anti-Matter

Looking at FF 7R treatment on PS4 + PS5 like that, no wonder if Hironobu Sakaguchi left from Squaresoft. He really wanted every Final Fantasy games only finished once. When Final Fantasy got treatment with direct sequel or another branch stories like FF 7 franchise, Final Fantasy franchise started to get downhill.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

The bigger tragedy is that Sakaguchi gave up making console games for no good reason.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Check out some of the texture comparisons between the PS4 and PS5 versions of FF7 Remake. This is a pretty impressive update. Of course most of this should've been what it looked like on PS4 already, but better later than never.
I'm gonna massively appreciate this when I replay it in the run-up to Part 2 coming out.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

Ah finally that explains the changes done to the remakes on mobile. That’ll be interesting! Looks like the gba remakes.

I’m mainly interested in the new remake of III, of course, since it’ll be the first time we get a 2D version. So I’ll try to get that one first, assuming they’re not a single collection.

Too bad they’re skipping the switch though! Hopefully they’re just gonna get a separate reveal on Nintendo’s presentation.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

I would honestly go and buy it right now on the AppStore if they had released it today. But we didn’t get a release window or anything.

Bloop.

BruceCM

It looks like it's a collection, @Eel .... Hopefully, they'll allow people to buy the games individually as well! It's certainly possible they do plan to bring it to Switch, too but perhaps that's a bit later?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

@BruceCM I could see them beating sneaky and making it a “free to start” app, maybe give you the first game for free (if they feel generous), and sell the rest as add-ons.

The (evil) benefit of selling them as individual-piece dlc, at least on mobile stores, is that you can’t share dlc, so it would be individual purchases for every person in a family group.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

I was excited for these until I saw the current platforms. Only Steam and Mobile? While that's all well and good, it seems like a missed opportunity that the remasters aren't coming to other platforms. Though maybe that'll be later than the original launch date?

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Well, at least that way you wouldn't have to buy the whole collection, @Eel .... You know how SE likes to announce these things for whatever platform 1st, @Tyranexx & then later reveal 'oh, it's coming to that other platform next month/ year, too'! So, I certainly wouldn't rule out the likelihood of at least Switch getting it/ them a bit later

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

@Slowdive these definitely look like direct “remasters” based on the original 2D art, not the more reimagined ones used in previous remakes.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

It’s mostly the backgrounds that look like they’re from the past remakes.

The characters and monsters look like the original ones, colorized.

All around, they’re very reminiscent of the gba versions of the games.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@Slowdive
Nah, not interested at all with FF 1 - 6 with HD 2D looking.
I already have FF 3 & 4 NDS with very decent 3D looking and better visual.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Which, the Stranger of Paradise, @Eel ...? It looks great, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

@BruceCM yes, that one. I dunno, it seems like they’re taking this bright and bubbly old game, and making everything about it dark and brooding. Seems like a very mid-2000s thing to do. But might be cool on it’s own right.

@Slowdive you mean the final fantasy 2 battle scene? If that’s the case, that’s what I mean, the enemy and characters look like the NES sprites with actual color and detail to them. The sprites on the mobile games are “higher resolution”.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

RR529

Why does the main character in Final Fantasy Origins just look like some dude in slacks & a button up t-shirt?

A bit of a tonal disconnect from the big bad in his super anime armour, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CANOEberry

Very well, Square Enix. I am quite happy to support my local retro gaming shop in order to secure my copies of FF II, FF III and FF V... I think Switch fans have been waiting long enough, thank you.

CANOEberry

BruceCM

Well, this isn't the next main FF, @Eel ... It's a spin-off, by Ninja Theory? Looks great to me, doesn't mean I'd want a whole load of them!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic