Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,675

Dezzy

@Zeldafan79

Lol don't play FF12 then. That had some items that had like a 1/300 chance of dropping.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Yeah, it's just the final dungeon after the Calm Lands, @TheJGG.... Do let us know how that goes

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@BruceCM

Nah-ah.

Optional dungeon Cave of the Stolen Fayth at the end of the Calm Lands, then Mt Gagazet after that, which is fairly lengthy and includes several major bosses.......then the final "dungeon", although not much of a dungeon really.

BruceCM

Well, I'm not sure if he wants to do the optional 1, @Dezzy.... I sort of combined the other 2, since the final bit is so small

SW-4357-9287-0699

Zeldafan79

So opinions on Final Fantasy V? As per my FF marathon I'm up to that one now. It seems decent enough. Kinda dull and a little generic after playing FF IV but I'll see how it goes.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy @BruceCM I've read up on the various bosses to come, and I've spent a lot of time around the weapon shop save point in the middle of the Calm Lands... I've heard Seymour Flux is infuriatingly hard so I'm preparing

I may visit the optional dungeon in another playthrough, for now I won't touch Last Mission, Will, X-2, or Eternal Calm until I beat X.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

BruceCM

Well, naturally, as the final boss, he's difficult, @TheJGG.... Seems you should be well prepared but let us know how it goes, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM Seymour Flux isn't the final Boss, you may be talking about Seymour Omnis... either way that's arguably the hardest boss, so I'm very sure the grind'll be worth it.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

BruceCM

Well, yeah, Seymour variants, @TheJGG..... But you seem to be prepared for it all!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

Zeldafan79 wrote:

So opinions on Final Fantasy V? As per my FF marathon I'm up to that one now. It seems decent enough. Kinda dull and a little generic after playing FF IV but I'll see how it goes.

Fairly fun and cool class system, but very generic story compared to everything that came after it. My general opinion on these early games is that if you've played FF4, you can pretty skip the others (earlier than 6), because they're all basically the same concept and very similar settings just recycled over and over, but 4 does it way better than the others.

VoidofLight

Ardyn is probably my favorite part of XV, and I’m glad they at least finished his episode before quitting the game itself.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

BruceCM

Well, that's my least favourite of the FFs I have finished, @Zeldafan79.... But VI is great, so I'm sure you'll like that next

SW-4357-9287-0699

Nephestinus

Currently playing through FF VI - A blind playthrough ofc since I only started getting interested in FF last year - only finished FF XIII so far but I really liked it.
Any tips for VI or the future? I also started FF I on my GBA recently - do I get any other party members or do I stick with the 4 I chose?

Nephestinus

jedgamesguy

Just as you say I have it under control I bottle it, @BruceCM! The Defender X boss namely. I had it under control until I made the mistake of using Kimahri’s self destruct Overdrive attack, leaving me one party member short. Left my party completely vulnerable and it wasn’t a fair fight anymore.

I was very close to defeating it though, it had about 13,000 hit points before it took my whole party out. Used Mental Break and... the physical version of that, from Auron, which helped me a ton. At one point I managed to deal 9000 damage with Auron, so it was not a struggle at first. Can’t wait to have another go!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

BruceCM

I don't really like Kimhari much, so I'm not very familiar with his overdrives, @TheJGG.... I'd not have him in my party for much of the game, so I can't advise on that

SW-4357-9287-0699

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket I never thought that. He's probably one of the better villains in a JRPG, especially when you get to know his full story, and that he's a victim of circumstances that are beyond anyone's control. He also has a pretty great Voice actor, which fit perfectly.

jedgamesguy

Alright finally... Ladies and Gentlemen on my FF mailing list... I beat the Defender X. It had a ton of health so whittling it down was quite a challenge. Makes me very uneasy when thinking about you know who-Flux, who has the same amount of health but has an attack that inflicts you with Zombie, which as I found out with Evrae Altana... is absolutely deadly when paired with the fact that he also has a Full Life attack... spicy indeed.

I tackled the Chamber of the Stolen Fayth, so @Dezzy I presume that’s my optional dungeon complete. I have... about 98,000 Gil now, so I need more if I want to get the next aeon. My party’s in a great place so far, so... Mt Gagazet here we go!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

Ardyn was a cool character but his position as the main villain of FF XV felt really forced.

Did you watch the anime and play Episode Ardyn? Those make it feel less forced.

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket well, you unfortunately do with XV, as they tried to milk it as they milked VII. You don’t necessarily need the DLC to understand the character, but the prologue anime is a great watch, and is free on youtube.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic