Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,675

jedgamesguy

Oh heavens no, @BruceCM, I’m just learning the ropes and such. I’ve had a few playthroughs already, but two of them were above forty hours, and as I mentioned I had never gotten to Bevelle before. Plus a bit of time listening to the main menu music of course.

The combat’s actually quite fun. And I have a lot of praise for the Sphere Grid, I feel like it’s one of the best level mechanics of all time, simply because it’s such a journey watching your party members grow. It’s such a well executed idea that has just the perfect balance of fair and incremental.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Losermagnet

@TheJGG i'm playing the VII remake currently and I think it's pretty good. I like having the characters and setting fleshed out, and the combat is actually pretty fun (although some enemies are too spongy imo). It bums me out that there'll be at least one (probably two or more) entries before we see the completed remake.

X is pretty fantastic. I really like the sphere grid and how the handled summons. Once you're done with X are you playing X-2?

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jedgamesguy

@Losermagnet Glad you're enjoying the franchise so far! I was very happy that Square decided to split up the Remake project honestly, because it means we'll get much more fleshed out story and character details. I loved the increased focus on Barret, Tifa and Aerith, plus the increased presence of the AVALANCHE gang (Jessie, Wedge, Biggs). Take for example the fact that the AVALANCHE we see in Remake is just a splinter unit, and in the original that group was all AVALANCHE was. Makes it feel like an organised group instead of a bunch of idiots who do whatever they want.

It'll mean that we'll find out more about characters like Yuffie, Vincent Valentine, plus the members of the Turks, Zack Fair, and even Sephiroth himself. The potential for this project is so insane, I can just hope it doesn't get cancelled or reworked like Final Fantasy XIII Versus or something.

X is awesome. I bought the HD Remaster for a reason so after X I'll watch Eternal Calm, then X-2, then Last Mission, then the thirty minute audio drama, and so on.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

Highly unlikely the rest of FFVII Remake will be cancelled, @TheJGG.... It's done very well so far & people seem hyped for Intergrade! I'll keep waiting for it to come to Steam

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@BruceCM

Especially when you include the fact that they'll be making quite a bit of money from the Sony timed exclusivity deals, and they've also got this cellphone game coming out over the course of several years.

I think we can pretty much guarantee 3 games at a bare minimum. Personally I'd rather 4, as I think that's what they need to do the whole story with an equivalent amount of detail as they did the first part, but 3 seems like a more natural number.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Yeah, @Dezzy .... & when the game does come to Steam, I'm sure I won't be the only one buying it there! Along with when it goes to XBox, there's bound to still be some people who want it on there Intermission seems like it might be mostly new stuff but it'll mean they don't have to cover all that in part 2, so if they do another one for each part, that might keep it down to 3

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

God... I've had a ball today. Remember how I kept complaining about Evrae? Well it's developed nicely... I finished the Via Purifico section and it was very easy. Both bosses I barely broke a sweat! Isaaru was a cakewalk because I had an Overdrive for Shiva, and took down the first aeon in one hit. The other two were easy as well, if taking a bit of time. And the showdown with Evrae Altana... damn that's gotta be the easiest boss fight I've ever had in my entire life. Because the thing was in Zombie status, I used two phoenix downs and killed it in two hits. I have Seymour next; I saved on the Highbridge. I read that he's quite hard so I'll brace myself.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jedgamesguy

Take that you stupid dragon worm thing. That'll show you!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

You're probably rather overlevelled....

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

I wouldn't say either of these fights would suggest I'm overlevelled, because one's with aeons and another with phoenix downs. I think the phoenix down damage is fixed. It'll be our mutual friend that is the true test.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

Yeah, @TheJGG .... Just you could beat the main game in 40-50 hours & tidy up all the optional stuff in less than the 100 hours you'd said you had in it! Keep us posted, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

crashcontrol

Finished my 3rd FF game last night, that being 9 and I loved it. This may be my favorite one out of the the three (the others being 7 and 7 Remake). Its safe to say I'm gonna play way more of the series in the future!

Edited on by crashcontrol

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

jedgamesguy

Well @BruceCM I've had an hour to kill and attacked FFX once again. Beat Seymour again. My first try I didn't cure my party members of Stone fast enough and got a Game Over, but beat him quite effortlessly the second time round. I then watched the infamous lake scene, man it was beautiful. The Tidus-Yuna romance is handled so well, the scene where they kiss for the first time is amazing, animated beautifully, with such amazing detail. I'm at the foot of the mountain, nearing the final part of the game!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

Cool, you'll probably be fine for the rest then, @TheJGG....

SW-4357-9287-0699

crashcontrol

@BruceCM I may go with the X/X-2 remaster next

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

BruceCM

Oh, nice, @crashcontrol.... Do let us know how you get on with those

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

crashcontrol wrote:

Finished my 3rd FF game last night, that being 9 and I loved it. This may be my favorite one out of the the three (the others being 7 and 7 Remake). Its safe to say I'm gonna play way more of the series in the future!

Good start, those are my 2 favourites. The others I would consider absolute essential are FF6 and FF10.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Zeldafan79

You know what i hate about these games? Rare item drops. I just spent three days farming for the bomb summon in FF 4! I was just about to give up and it finally dropped from those grenade enemies on the moon. What a pain in my ass!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

jedgamesguy

Approaching the end of the Calm Lands in Final Fantasy X... I'm getting serious "late-game" vibes, and I'm loving and hating that. It's been such a journey with the seven amazing characters, and I love the ideology and themes of this game. If I have time I'll try and produce a longer post after I beat the game, detailing my thoughts on the world of Spira, including the overarching theme of death, sending, summoning, dreaming, and Zanarkand....

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic