Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,675

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Duly noted for a distant future FF III playthrough.

I don't see why they won't bring more of the earlier FFs over at least, though skipping XI would make sense. It could be they are and are just biding their time until E3?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Maybe, @Tyranexx .... I'd love them to do that & you'd think it'd be worth their while, too but whether or not SE feels the same way or they're too tied up with their other stuff or Nintendo weirdly refused the games, who knows? Fingers crossed they are planning them, at least

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I was going to joke that SE might be too wrapped up in buyout talks, but that thankfully doesn't seem to be the case.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Yeah, at least if it is they're a bit busy with FFVII Remake Part 2 & other games I want, @Tyranexx .... But apparently we're getting all the older Saga games now Saga Frontier Remastered is out (I'm liking that, so far), so that might be good

SW-4357-9287-0699

Zeldafan79

I made an interesting discovery while trying to choose which version of FF IV to play. You may have heard about the graphical glitches present when trying to play FF IV (PS1 chronicles) version on PS3. Well i added it to my modded playstation classic and guess what? The same thing happens. Water in towns flickers and the sound bugs out too. Just like when you try to play the original disc on PS3. Guess i won't be playing it on there. How did that happen anyway? It runs fine on my PS2. It's really weird.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Dezzy

@Zeldafan79

You really should play the DS/Android/iPhone/Steam version of FF4. It's so much better!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Then play it on your PS2, @Zeldafan79 ....? No idea why that'd be happening, though! Chronicles has Chrono Trigger with FFIV, doesn't it?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Zeldafan79

@Dezzy
I'm leaning towards DS or PSP.

@BruceCM
Yep! Two pretty great games but Chrono trigger is the best part of the set!

Edited on by Zeldafan79

Eel

Psp is my favorite. Though the DS remake has several nice things too. On the DS, it’s easily the hardest version of VI available. The ports to pc and mobile lowered the difficulty I think.

Edit: they made it optional, the ports have a normal/hard option.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

The obvious advantage of PSP Complete Collection is it having After Years, @Zeldafan79 .... Chrono Trigger is awesome but it's even better in DS one, with the extra super-boss & ending

SW-4357-9287-0699

Zeldafan79

@BruceCM
Extra boss and ending you say? I have that on DS but I've never finished it. Maybe i better check that out!

BruceCM

Well, it makes there a bit more of a point to doing NG+ a couple of times, @Zeldafan79 .... Don't think the PS version had the Lost Sanctum, which is worth doing for the rewards, or the Dimensional Vortex? Quite possible I was misinformed or something, so do correct me if that's wrong but there's a 'secret' boss at the end of that vortex, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Zeldafan79

Hey what's up will all the FF XIII hate? I played a few hours of it years ago and i sorta got distracted by other games and never came back to it but what i did play seemed pretty good. Gorgeous cutscenes, nice music, Neat characters. I liked the guy called snow. I'm sure as the first FF on PS3 it must have impressed people. The first one for any new system is always exciting.

I guess i wasn't crazy about the press X to win thing where it basically did all the commands for you kinda sucked but luckily you can change that in settings. I heard it was really linear and that's one major criticism. I would like to try finishing it someday.

Did anybody here really like that game?

BruceCM

Well, I'd say the best of that trilogy was the last one, @Zeldafan79 .... Assuming you won't be unduly bothered by the 1st being so linear, it's still good! & obviously you'd get the most out of Lightning Returns if you played the other 2 before Mind you, I quite liked FFXV, too but not played Dirge of Cerberus

SW-4357-9287-0699

kkslider5552000

My main exposure to FFXIII was watching 8 hours of a commentary-free playthrough on Youtube a few months after it came out and finding it, without any bias from any other opinion, to be one of the worst stories I'd ever seen told. A random selection nonsense terms for the sake of it with a random selection of anime trope characters for the sake of it surrounded by cool cutscenes that sure do happen for some reason. Granted, its been a decade, but a couple of years later, I fell in love with FFIX largely from a Let's Play of it, which only made FFXIII's apparent failings stand out even more.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Zeldafan79

If you guys like to watch let's plays there's a guy on youtube called HC Bailey and he has lets play videos of every main Final fantasy game. I've been watching his guides to help me through the games when i need some tips or if I'm really stuck. Look him up if you're interested.

Balta666

@Zeldafan79 the hate comes from having no exploration forcthe most part. I played it first time last year and enjoyed it quite a bit. The gameplay is quite fun (and challenging) later on and I like the characters and story

@brucecm interesting that you say Lightning returns is the best in the trilogy as everywhere I looked was even more unanimous that that One is the worst one. I tried to play it after finishing xiii-2 but the combat did not resonate with me and I drop it after just an hour or so

Dezzy

@Zeldafan79

Yes, I really like FFXIII. XIII-2 is great as well, although very different, and only very loosely connected to the first.

I do agree with most of the common criticisms of the game. The first 2/3rds of the game are ridiculously linear, and the final 3rd which opens up a lot still doesn't really have towns to explore in the traditional sense.

The lore is also a nightmare to make sense of, and you generally need to read some wiki pages to get it all.

But neither of those bothered me too much, because I thought the characters were great (except Vanille), the world was incredible and one of the most detailed and epic we'd ever seen, and I absolutely love the battle system. They slightly improved on it in XIII-2 by allowing you to select different characters, but the general concept was great.

I'd love if they remade XIII as a proper open explorable world, like most of the other FF games. That would be incredible, cos it really was one of the most fascinating worlds they've ever made, you just didn't get to experience it properly.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jedgamesguy

God I feel like such an idiot. I was absentmindedly scrolling through the PlayStation Store when I saw the PlayStation Plus game collection. I was actually valid for it and never even realised it! And I’ve said in the past how adamant I am of getting Final Fantasy XV.

Suffice it to say I’ve started downloading it.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

VoidofLight

@TheJGG Royal Edition, or standard?

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic