Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 5,221 to 5,240 of 10,277

Lan

xDemon720x wrote:

GuardianAcorn wrote:

when's nintendo gonna get in the fps business and show everyone how it's done?

Metroid Prime

Not quite like Call of Duty, but its an FPS.

i've seen it classified a a first person adventure game. Oot was originally gonna be first person. we wouldn't be calling it an fps. Miyamoto once said he could make halo. i want him to design a new ip that has all the nintendo awesomeness but an fps.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

komicturtle

Metroid Prime is like a First Person Zelda adventure- but it's Metroid. I love the puzzle elements in those games. I think First Person Shooters should explore the adventure genre a bit more. I doubt anything will ever be like Metroid Prime, but the simple "Mission 1" then "Mission 2" is getting archaic.

komicturtle

Lan

to me it seemed like bioshock was inspired by prime

Dragon friend safari

Jack2901

anyone on?

Goldeneye FC: 2183-4444-0269 [NL] Jack
Goldeneye Chat: http://us3.chatzy.com/676123268096 (Non-flash chatroom)
3DS FC: 1289-8201-7714
www.nlnation.forumotions.com

romulux

GuardianAcorn wrote:

what could they do about goldeneye though? is it updatable?

i've thought about whether there's a way to do it without directly being able to download a patch. they could theoretically put a patch up on the shop channel for download and get it into your wii save data that way, but the problem is will the game accept the patch and respond to it and all if it wasn't programmed to? if not you'd practically have to hack the game the same way homebrewers do to get the changes in effect.

the bigger problem is that eurocom doesn't seem to care. it's been over half a year and we haven't gotten even a single inkling that they're concerned with fixing the game. if they were going to do something they'd have done it by now. don't let that stop you from complaining though!

activision (US): https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/en...

eurocom: http://www.eurocom.co.uk/index.php/contact-us/

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Kadabra

neolights wrote:

@NL, I thought I would let you know I will be taking a temporary leave of absence from the NL

Next week I will play under the name of a good GE player, that I have bumped into on more than a few occations online, but sadly, haven't run into for a while. Just stopping for a while, to pay tribute to some good games from before, when I used to play solo and all of a sudden i would pop into a game and go "hey..... is this the guy?"

Was that CrazyBacon? Because he's annoyed by it to the extent that he's doing a secret name change now to throw you off.
If it wasn't you, then never mind.

Guess who's level 56!! Me!!!
Changed my name to ALAKAZAM* to celebrate. Ivanas are awesome.

Edit because I failed at quoting

Edited on by Kadabra

KADABRA* from the Pokemon clan.
Goldeneye FC is 4098 9496 8088
our clan site is pokemonfloss.webs.com, there's a chat and a forum and stuff (not as comprehensive as this forum though ;) ), feel free to come say hi.
http://www.youtube.com/user/00Kadabra to see my youtube vids of ...

Lun

A salute to some of the more memorable player names in GE week 1

Here now....I present to you the top 4 character names as I see it, in GE (that I have come across so far in the game)

1. Bowserrr

I don't know why, but whenever I ran into an online game where he was one of the 7 other players I thought to myself, what an awesome name. Maybe it is because I played quite a bit of galexy 2 last spring, or that my favorite MKW character is Dry Bowser. As a kid I loved all mario games, and I thought about what a neat concept it is to use a character name, the name of mario's greatest nemesis, kidnapper of the princess, and king koopa(as known in England). What a wonderful name for a profile in goldeneye. A clever name and an eye catcher to say the least

Edited on by Lun

Lun

komicturtle

Well, Nintendo patched Wii Sports Resort with a Wii Update that fixes issues with the game and motion-plus so patching games on Wii is very much possible. Don't know why people think that because if it doesn't do it the PS3 or 360 way means it isn't patchable.

komicturtle

romulux

komicturtle92 wrote:

Well, Nintendo patched Wii Sports Resort with a Wii Update

really? i never knew that. was it an update you had to download separately or was it included in a system update?

EDIT: nevermind, i looked it up and it was a system update.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chris720

The Conduit was patched through a System Update too, come to think of it. It fixed the wall spawning supposedly.

If EuroCom cared as much as HVS does about Conduit 2, I think GE would be full of win. Its an excellent game, but the multiplayer is really, really flawed.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Lan

xDemon720x wrote:

The Conduit was patched through a System Update too, come to think of it. It fixed the wall spawning supposedly.

If EuroCom cared as much as HVS does about Conduit 2, I think GE would be full of win. Its an excellent game, but the multiplayer is really, really flawed.

i think the single player is kinda flawed. it's way to dark and seems to repetitive for me. i don't see why reviewers loved it so much

Dragon friend safari

Chris720

GuardianAcorn wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

i think the single player is kinda flawed. it's way to dark and seems to repetitive for me. i don't see why reviewers loved it so much

Have you played a Call of Duty campaign? Its shoot, move, shoot, shoot, shoot, move. At least GE's campaign has some sort of fun to it rather than repetitive run and gun through it. The campaign is also very robust and you can play it quite a few times without getting bored.

Multiplayer is the worst offender though, lag, glitches, leveling system, hit detection and host quits. Just the leveling sytem + host quits can make this game so broken its unbelivable.

YouTube

Lan

don't rven get me started on cod. i tried playing black ops' campaign but i couldn't. it's just terrible. most fps's are just more of the same anymore

Dragon friend safari

Aviator

xDemon720x wrote:

Multiplayer is the worst offender though, lag, glitches, leveling system, hit detection and host quits. Just the leveling sytem + host quits can make this game so broken its unbelivable.

And yet here is a thread with over 5000 posts about it dedicated to multiplayer...

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Chris720

Aviator wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

And yet here is a thread with over 5000 posts about it dedicated to multiplayer...

And quite a few of them are about complaints of the multiplayer or FC exchanging.

Multiplayer for GE is fun, but its full of so much BS its really hard to play it for very long without getting overwhelmed with sheer rage.

YouTube

lifesavedave

xDemon720x wrote:

Aviator wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

And quite a few of them are about complaints of the multiplayer or FC exchanging.

Multiplayer for GE is fun, but its full of so much BS its really hard to play it for very long without getting overwhelmed with sheer rage.

I disagree i have over 18 days invested and i'm not filled with overwhelming rage. It has been and still is a lot of fun.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

komicturtle

Are you guys online or on Skype? D:

komicturtle

RDB

Not sure who all of the newer folks on NL has added me. If so, can you let me know. I haven't added anyone in a while, probly since kreegs. FC space filling up so I'm being very cautious about adding peeps that don't add me back.

Thanks.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

grenworthshero

komicturtle92 wrote:

Metroid Prime is like a First Person Zelda adventure- but it's Metroid. I love the puzzle elements in those games. I think First Person Shooters should explore the adventure genre a bit more. I doubt anything will ever be like Metroid Prime, but the simple "Mission 1" then "Mission 2" is getting archaic.

Red Steel 2 is a step in the right direction, but it has plenty of flaws, to be sure.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.