Forums

Topic: YouTube Clickbait Channels and Fake News

Posts 101 to 120 of 156

NintendoByNature

@VoidofLight I don't think I've ever watched switch force which explains it. Prime is pretty bad though.

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature Both are pretty much just disgraces for Nintendo content creators either way. Nintendo Prime isn't as bad, but he's effectively just a few steps down from SwitchForce... at least from what I've seen recently.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

skywake

The only "Nintendo" channels I watch videos from and don't immediately regret clicking the link are Wulff Den, Macho Nacho Productions, Digital Foundry and the official NoA YouTube channel. None of them really fit into what we're talking about here though and that's kinda why they're the only ones I watch

I mean Arlo I don't mind mostly because he doesn't present himself as some kind of insider or expert. Arlo is less news and more just a puppet going full fanboy over the direct that just happened. Which has its appeal. The rest of them but? Ugh. I mean at Spawn Wave probably the least offensive of the rest but the bar at that point isn't too hard to clear

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

VoidofLight

The thing about Spawnwave for me, is he's good in terms of reporting the news, but it doesn't really feel like his personality jumps out at me. I guess he's a good source of news, given that he's so inoffensive and not baiting people, but at the same time I just don't feel the urge to watch his content either.

Arlo is alright, but at the same time I just generally don't enjoy his content that much either. He's definitely one of the better youtubers for Nintendo content, but other than that I just generally don't care for him or the whole muppet thing.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

old-dad

Shew you can put the whole Spawnwave crew on this list minus Nate the Hate and Mvg. Rgt85, Spawn, Playeressence and Dreamcast Guy are all just the same click bate stuff with a different dude spouting off a bunch of nothing lol

old-dad

card-crunch78

I've gotten a lot smarter on "clickbait" nowadays.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Kermit1doesmath

So being a Nintendo YouTuber isn't a high bar then... Interesting...

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

Spawnwave is the only gaming news YouTuber I watch, and even then he does some pretty bad clickbait at times.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

old-dad

@blindsquarel

blindsquarel wrote:

Spawnwave is the only gaming news YouTuber I watch, and even then he does some pretty bad clickbait at times.

The thing I hate is its not news, its internet rumors and or his feelings lol. Just give me the news please

I enjoy the video he did today about vita tv though.

old-dad

Kermit1doesmath

@old-dad His videos about tech are great, his weekly stuff needs a bit of work. RGT is only really watchable when he tells stories on the podcast.

Kermit1doesmath

@TheBigBlue he still gets views and sponsorships though, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

old-dad

@Kermit1 yes I agree, he is at his best when he is working or modding some kind of hardware and that is why i stay subscribed.

Rgt is all over the place lol. Sometimes he is hilarious and other times I change the channel.

old-dad

Kermit1doesmath

@TheBigBlue I mean not everyone can maintain a 100k+ viewership if they clickbait. Getting sponsors (from what I've heard) is somewhat simple.

blindsquirrel

@old-dad
I will say, it’s not like there is exactly a ton of notable gaming news coming out five days a week. Sometimes rumors are necessary, which is fine, as long as they are clearly labeled rumors in the title.

old-dad

blindsquarel wrote:

@old-dad
I will say, it’s not like there is exactly a ton of notable gaming news coming out five days a week. Sometimes rumors are necessary, which is fine, as long as they are clearly labeled rumors in the title.

Fair enough but I expect by end of week we will hear about PS6 cloud edition, ms quiting gaming after abk acquisition and switch 2 pro Prime edition 🤣

old-dad

skywake

I think its worth making a distinction between good content that has a "clickbait" thumbnail/title and content that's just a bunch of hot air. For example I don't really have a problem with videos like this where it does have a thumbnail and title designed to pull you in but the video itself doesn't bury the lead (the video is basically summarised entirely in the first 30 seconds) and ultimately the content is worthwhile

But some of the videos from some of these "news" channels I think its a bit different. I won't link them but as an example there were some videos from the last week which had titles along the lines of "This Switch 2 development changes everything!". And if you watch through the video you go through 10minutes of waffle before they get to the point. And then point is just something like, some user who previously leaked stuff on some forum has been banned. Followed by another 10mins of them throwing random ideas against the wall as to what that means.....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Eel

To be fair, the person who leaked actual details about the Pokemon DLC specifically mentioned new hardware in the same post. So now they have something to latch on.

But then again, assuming they’re already working on the next thing should be normal. They’re never not doing that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

blindsquirrel

TheBigBlue wrote:

@old-dad Come on my friend, you have to say it properly:
“The Nintendo Switch 2 just LEAKED for late 2023?!?!,!,!?!?!,!?!,!!,,)$:63&.$:&$;7;?”

-RGT 85

Complete with a picture of him with his mouth open and his hands on his face.

old-dad

TheBigBlue wrote:

Would rather give the sun a high five rather than see one of these Nintendo switch 2 clickbait bs titles in my recommended again in all honesty

Lmao this is so true

old-dad

Kermit1doesmath

Well, to be a defender (I guess), you need bait to catch the fish.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic