Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 3,281 to 3,300 of 4,636

Magician

Grim Fandango Remastered
Skul: The Hero Slayer
Spacebase Startopia

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

WoomyNNYes

A $40 eff-up on eshop. (NA region)

I wanted to see how much it would cost to upgrade to Nintendo Switch Online Expansion. Which I recall, you had to initiate a purchase in order to see the adjusted price. I unintentionally ended up buying an individual plan + expansion totally, because of that stupid un-userfriendly system. #$!!&%!!! Every other purchase I make on eshop requires two confirmations before they accept the purchase, but not on NSO's eshop page - pure trickery. Nintendo Support (via chat messenger) took 45 minutes to process trying to cancel the purchase (mostly all waiting), only to say they will submit it to some administrative group, which may take 1-2 business days. And they made no guarantees it will be refunded.

If I understand it right, the only way they can refund me, is by applying the refunded money to extending my NSO subscription by the amount of this $40 mistake. $19.99 per year = 2+ years of NSO. Forgive the crappy wording, there. I'm out of patience on this.

So, how do I end this post without saying something nasty about this NSO upgrade price BS? Extremely disappointed.

EDIT Got an email confirmation from Nintendo and Paypal confirming the refund. Appears to be full refund. -sigh of relief. For the record, I contacted Nintendo Support the moment I effed up. It was late in the evening, fortunately they were still open.

EDIT: EDIT: This mistake has lead to my NSO to expire today, April 16 at 3:06PM, eight months ahead of schedule. Originally, I purchased a one year sub in December 2021, which should expire Decmeber 2022. It looks like I'll have to resubscribe. Buying another 1 year sub, I either break even, or lost $5-10, still better than losing the $40.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jdrocks89

Beautiful Ukraine
Quake
Pinball FX3: Indiana Jones table

jdrocks89

Magician

Ikenfell
Strife
Neon Abyss
Haven
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

Pre-ordered Shadowrun Trilogy.... While it won't let me pay for that now, I ordered a £25 top up card from Game with my reward points & after the gold coins I used, that covers it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

GodLordPaddock

I've been out of the switch loop for a couple years after selling my launch switch a while back and being tied up with PS5 ans Series X. I picked up a Switch OLED last week and have been on a buying spree. Here's what I got.

Xenoblades Chronicles DE
Metroid Dread
Kirby
Links Awakening
Skyward Sword
Hades
House of the Dead
Blasphemous
Hollowknight
Monster Hunter Rise
Super Mario Deluxe U
Castlevania Anniversary Collection

Edited on by GodLordPaddock

Playstation 5
Series X
Switch OLED

Sisilly_G

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered.

I caved as it was only AU$23. I was orignally put off by the “Download required” notice, but the game is playable without it.

I’ve put quite a few hours into it so far, and while I’m pretty rubbish at it, I’ve been having quite a lot of fun with it.

The other purchase isn’t a game, but the Series 5 Animal Crossing amiibo album. I’d already purchased a full box of cards back when they launched (from which I pulled a complete set), but it’s nice to finally be able to put them in an album.

Considering that series 5 was half the size of Series 1-4, it would have been nice to have space to store the Welcome Amiibo series, which hasn’t been reprinted alongside the other cards, nor has it ever had an album release (that I am aware of).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Magician

Rising Hell
Aaero: Complete Edition
Rigid Force Redux

bixente

My latest purchases were some discounted games on the eshop:

Crown Trick
Golf Club Wasteland
Red Death
Puzzle and Dragons Switch Edition

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

FX102A

Some more shmups on sale; Crisis Wing & Caladrius Burst.

Oh and Kingdom Hearts Rhythm & Gal Gun Reborn came through the letterbox today.

FX102A

trymer89

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Really enjoyed the combat for HW and trying out a bunch of different characters' fighting styles, but it would have been nice to have some exploration.

Captain Toad I just started two days ago and I'm ten levels in, but I'm loving this! Double Cherry Palace, Spinwheel Library, and Mine Cart Tunnel Throwdown are definite highlights, while Shy Guy Heights is an example of how I've read the game might get in the last levels: annoying to 100%, but challenging you to go that extra mile not to get spotted.

/ / / |_ () ||

Merijn558

King of Seas.

Had a good time with exploring and combating enemy ships. Sidequests and the campaign add a lot for me too.

Merijn558

Magician

Astroneer
Blazing Beaks
Record of Lodoss War - Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth

jdrocks89

Disney Classic Games: Aladdin, Lion King and Jungle Book

jdrocks89

kkslider5552000

So at PAX East, Limited Run games were selling a lot there. A lot that you can't even get online from them right now, I just looked it up. So I decided to get the Grandia HD Collection because...at this point might as well just go all in on buying old games this year. One of the top JRPGs ported to Switch I was interested in, heard great things about both Grandia 1 and 2.

Admittedly it was 58 dollars, but even if they're old, they're also beloved JRPGs post-SNES, so I'm pretty confident I'll get my money's worth anyway.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Okami1

Windbound I got it when it was on sale. I'd recommend it.

dysgraphia awareness human

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic