Forums

Topic: Your hopes and dreams for Switch in 2021?

Posts 21 to 40 of 42

StuTwo

Honestly - something new and unexpected but with a large budget and a big marketing push. This generation’s Splatoon.

Maybe something in a genre Nintendo hasn’t touched before.

But obviously it’s hard to know what that might be or be too excited about it before we even know what it might be about.

In terms of ports and sequels... Skies of Arcadia HD, Chu Chu Rocket and a few GameCube/Wii games.

Oh and Galaxy 2.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

QueenofPain2018

I'd love if EA would put the Sims on the switch... Fat chance, mind you.

It takes one to know one, right?

Currently Playing: Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Pokémon Shield

rockodoodle

Mario Golf, Madden and Mario Kart 9....will be unfulfilled in 2021. Life isn’t fair.

rockodoodle

Sisilly_G

WarioWare.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

NintendoPete

Mario Kart 9
Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Mega Man X9
New Hardware
Mega Man Battle Network and Starforce Collection (BN 1-6, Network Transmission, Championship, Starforce 1-3)
Zelda Skyward Sword HD
Breath of the Wild sequel
Silksong
Mario Hockey
Starfox Adventures 2
Hand-drawn Mario 2D game
Injustice 2 port
Batman Arkham 1-5 collection

NintendoPete

TheFrenchiestFry

That SMT V actually comes out this year so I can harass all my Persona-playing friends about mainline

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Marcalous

Will never happen but adult orientated games from Nintendo like Eternal Darkness would be unbelievable

Marcalous

I-U

Return of Nintendo Directs
ARMS 2
Bayonetta 3
Breath of the Wild 2 or Metroid Prime 4 release (both with a trailer during the year though)
A new 2D Mario game or Odyssey 2/Sunshine 2/Galaxy 3

2020 had a great line-up of games on the Switch in my opinion, but the year had no hype around it. Directs are at the top because they bring energy into the schedule, whatever it happens to be.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

jump

Wishlist from Ninty:
Mother 3 (even if it's a limited release like Fire Emblem/Mario 2D All Stars)
N64 & Game Boy-Gameboy Advance gets added to the NSO
Zelda BOTW 2
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4 (no chance lol)
One big surprise like a Splatoon spin off 3d platformer or a new Punch Out

Wishlist from third party cloud/ports/new games:
Persona 3, 4 & 5
Planet Coaster
Yakuza
Soul Calibur VI
A Dreamcast collection (CRAZY TAXI & JET SET RADIO!!!)
Rare Replay

I'm looking forward to Super Mario 3D World, New Pokémon Snap, Shin Megami Tensei V and Disgaea 6 at least.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

StephenYap3

Animal Crossing: New Horizons bringing back the missing furniture and content while implementing more QoL updates

More Wii U games ported to Switch (Yoshi's Woolly World, NES Remix 1 and 2, etc.)

The Legend of Zelda series getting the "3D All Stars" treatment

A good new Yoshi platformer (I didn't like Yoshi's Crafted World. Way too ultra easy, even for Nintendo platformer and Yoshi standards, and too monotonous)

The Legend of Dark Witch 2 coming to Switch

Super Mario RPG and Wario's Woods SNES coming to SNES Online

Mother/Earthbound series coming to Switch in some form (Maybe a "reboot" of sorts, wherein the player can decide the main character's clothing, gender, and such?)

StephenYap3

PlusUltra

If Nintendo did a standalone dock with hardware that could play catridges, had an memory card slot, and could still connect with the switch that would be nice. Earlier i was referring to a standalone version that didnt connect to switch, at least not physically but still had memory card and cartridge slots in a bid to make it cheaper which Im all for also.

World trigger( hd remake of borderless mission with splitscreen local co op and all other co options plus hd rumble and gyro.)

Medabots(Collection of the 2 3ds real time action games or a new game with all co op options including local splitscreen.)

Dragon Quest Dai(localization)
Battle Network (New game)
Kid icarus 2(optional co-op in story)
Ninja Turtles/Tranformers musou(seperate)
Bleach musou simple brisk recreation of most battles with all co-op options available.

Musou isnt for everyone but features like large character rosters with well thought movesets and abilities and co-op are every gamer features.

There are a multitude of completed anime that I feel could be fully realized by the musou formula and more appealing by being packaged together.

Naruto and bleach musou are perhaps too massive to be packaged together but perhaps for that same reason they should.

Storm 4 is every naruto fans goto but a musou game could do even more plus throw in a seperate but packaged with bleach musou and you got something irresistible.

Beserk/Yu yu hakasho musou. (Beserk Musou is already made I would just like the story and other modes to all offer local splitscreen too which is not impossible but not easy either.)

Gurren lagann/gundam musou: gundam musous already exist plus other gundam games that could pass as co-op gundam games so like beserk a hd remake with enhanced co-op could save time, plus like yuyu hakashou gurren lagann isnt terribly long so they wouldnt take too long to build from the ground up.

😎/😎

Edited on by PlusUltra

PlusUltra

Harmonie

Yeah, N64 games for NSO. NES and SNES games are generally kinda meh (sorry). I have been looking forward to playing Paper Mario 64 portable for years now and Nintendo has still failed to make it happen. =/

Either that or bring back VC. It just have been that way to begin with, but I'm sure I don't need to say anymore about that.

Here's what I want that I think is ranging from possible to likely:
1. BOTW2 (still ify on this one, but it's possible)
2. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Remakes (remake in the style of Sword/Shield, NOT LG style)

Here's what I want that I don't know if it could happen:
1. New Ace Attorney (leaks suggest another collection instead)

Here's what I want that most likely won't happen:
1. Golden Sun (New or large remake)
2. Okami sequel (has been hinted at, but will likely take a while to materialize)
3. Massive update to Animal Crossing New Horizons that brings a LARGE amount of furniture from the past games back.
4. Expansion Pack/DLC for Animal Crossing New Horizons that brings a LARGE amount of furniture from Pocket Camp (I am okay with this not being free, just as long as it is not via RNG microtransactions which have no place anywhere ever) I ask for this largely because it would increase the diversity of Animal Crossing town designs immensely.
5. Stop with the Wii U ports. At this point, if people didn't buy the Wii U, it's on them.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

FroZtedFlake

BotW 2
Skyward Sword remaster
Big Animal Crossing update like said up higher
Mario Galaxy 2
AoC DLC that's actually good
New 3D Mario Game
Good smash DLC
Splatoon 2
MK 9
Better Nintendo online service and benefits

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

1ofUs

Botw 2
Bayo 3
Metroid 4
Gta 6
A good 3D sonic
Odyessy 2
DP remakes
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Ryu Hayabusa in smash
AoC DLC
Hades DLC?
ACNH permanent update not like the holiday updates
After FP2 I just want sakurai to take a break

If you spoil a game i will find you.
It's not quite a me, Mario!

Twitter:

dan958

Better online capabilities.

As I have a Switch Lite and a normal Switch, it can sometimes be a pain to transfer the save back and forth depending on the game.

dan958

Twitter:

nitrolink

A 3D Donkey Kong game
No more Wii U ports

nitrolink

spiderman0616

All I want right now is Super Mario Odyssey 2. The original Odyssey has become my favorite game of all time, so I just want more of that. At the same time, I have no idea how Nintendo could possibly top it. In my mind, it's a virtually perfect game.

spiderman0616

Quimbolas

Basically ports of:
MGS HD Collection; Kingdom Hearts HD Collection and Xenoblade Chronicles X!

Quimbolas

mr_somewhere

Xenoblade Chronicles X port would be good. Something Metroid too. Anything! Any news, even just a trailer or a re-release of the games. Samus Returns set such a good precedent, I am surprised we haven't had any news of another 2-D entry — a proper Metroid 5 would be good and a chance to kind of soft-reboot things for a new audience.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

urrutiap

Im not psychic or have a time travel device to see whats in the future later this year for Nintendo Switch but after Bravely Default II and Monster Hunter Rise, I think Nintendo will take a break with Switch game unless they port over another Ys game like Ys 4 and 5 or whatever.

Big if

urrutiap

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic