Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,180

Dezzy

@SKTTR

Oh yeah I'm not saying the XCX world was bad. Nor was the game bad. I enjoyed it immensely. One of the best games on the Wii U easily.

But the world is so completely disconnected from the story. It feels like the exact same story could've happened in a completely different world, and it while there is plenty of character backstory through the side-quests, there isn't much actual world building. Like there are huge areas on the map that are barely even mentioned. That massive ring on Oblivia, I think is mentioned maybe once in a piece of offhand dialogue. For the most part it's just 'there'. Same for all the massive fortresses on Cauldros. They could've had some great story purpose and a lot of background lore about how it all came to be, but there's not really much of anything. It's all just the incidental setting for the story.

NLA is the only part of the world that feels justified by the story in that sense.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

urrutiap

in Xenoblade im at some swamp area after defeating Xord.

So when do I even get to rebuild Colony 6 anyway?

urrutiap

theJGG

@urrutiap After finishing Satorl Marsh, which is a pretty simple quest. When you get to the end of the area you'll be able to reach the colony entrance.

Don't be afraid to strike up a conversation!
Switch: 6764-9521-9114 (TheJGG)
PSN: JedgamesGUY

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

link3710

@urrutiap That's exactly where I just reached. At this rate I might finish XC by the end of 2021 lol.

link3710

RR529

Last play session I fought a tentacled Mechon boss (that went down easy) before a faced Mechon took off with Juju.

It was really cool how doing all the refugee sidequests pretty much took you to every corner of the Bionis' Leg map (it's so huge, but the map was pretty much completely filled out before I went to try and rescue Juju). I even managed to do all the quests that required you to tip toe your way past super high level monsters without alerting one once.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

@urrutiap

Juju will return to Colony 6 after you finish the current area. Once he's gone, just teleport back and he'll give you the quests to rebuild.

SKTTR

If you want to complete all side missions, you should prioritize timed missions anyway.
You can (accidentally) skip them if you move the main story forward too much.

There refugee camp on Bionis leg is the first one to disappear when Colony 6 unlocks, so make sure to talk to everyone (some NPCs/items only appear at certain times so play around with the in-game clock)

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

urrutiap

Here's my progress so far in Xenoblade

Chapter 7. Melia left party to do her own thing

Shulk, Reyn Sharla and Dunban at level 38

Equipment for them:

Shulk
Monado with Strength Up II and HP Up II
Quark head armor
Grand Arnor torso
Chain Gauntlets
Iron Leggings
Infantry boots

Reyn
Tank Guarder with EXP Up I
Quark head armor
Jungle Top
Hunter gauntlets
Iron leggings
Infantry boots

Sharla
Breeze Shot
Round cap
Panther Top
Great Tree bracelet
Twin Tree Trousers
Round shoes

Dunban
Illunis Defender
the rest of his armmor is his default General stuff

urrutiap

Dezzy

@urrutiap

You were on the marsh literally a day ago! Are you just playing every waking hour or something?

urrutiap

pretty much a couple of hours. Yeah I was in the marsh area yesterday but now at Frontier Village. Melia ran off to do her business.

Who should i have for a team? I have Shulk as leader along with Reyn as the big heavy fighter along with Shara as healer

urrutiap

SKTTR

@urrutiap

You'll get Melia back soon.
There's a mission in Colony 9 where you need two female party members that have a high friendship level, so now I put Melia (instead of Reyn) and Sharla with Shulk until that's done.

urrutiap

also ive been exploring almost every nook and cranny for each area.

Even the High Elentia country with the huge ocean water where earlier ive been swimming the whole time to open up the map

As for the characters who should i be using the most when meeting Melia's people?

urrutiap

Dezzy

urrutiap wrote:

Who should i have for a team? I have Shulk as leader along with Reyn as the big heavy fighter along with Shara as healer

I'm super boring on this. I've always just stuck with Shulk, Reyn and Sharla. They're just the best balanced trio in my opinion.

LEGEND_MARIOID

Yeah, I just stuck with those 3 for the majoritynof the game. I did mess around and experiment with other combinations now and again, but Shulk, Reyn and Sharla was always my primary go to choice in the end

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

SKTTR

urrutiap wrote:

also ive been exploring almost every nook and cranny for each area.
Even the High Elentia country with the huge ocean water where earlier ive been swimming the whole time to open up the map
As for the characters who should i be using the most when meeting Melia's people?

Melia, as she's the strongest ether user. Once you get around the rules of ether in battle, she's the second strongest character in the game. Though when she's new you have to level her up quite a bit.

I don't know why anyone would use Dunban outside of NG+, he's almost a Shulk - just without a Monado. Probably good if you wanna have a physical attack only party.

I remember my first playthrough swimming through Eryth Sea and it was very time consuming and quite pointless, apart from three instances (a secret caves and 2 lonely islands). The map will unlock completely if you find all checkpoints, no need to walking-simulator every inch, but most of you certainly know that already. ´

Edited on by SKTTR

Tyranexx

I also usually just stuck with Shulk/Reyn/Sharla, but I did experiment with other characters. My favorite "second group" consisted of Fiora/Dunban/Sharla. I found Fiora made a decent pseudo-tank since her damage output was quite high.

I admittedly played with Melia the least. I've read that investing in her makes her a monster, but I'm not a fan of babysitting squishy mage types in games until they become more powerful.

Currently playing: Secret of Mana (CoM/Switch), Pushmo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

urrutiap

well Sharla is squishy too when she first joined since shes a weird gunner healer but shes pretty good.

as for swimming around the whole time at Melia's home country, i was swimming close to the map border for the heck of it then i found two secret cave areas which was cool. Then i went back to the main story by getting locked up lol

urrutiap

Dezzy

@urrutiap

There's a cave in the north-west corner of the sea. That's a good one because it has a new fast-travel point. Good scenic view as well!

Solaine

@Dezzy I remember the search for that one waypoint eating about an hour of swimming and jumping around just to have a nice clear map already, jeez.. but the night even was so pretty on the other hand. Now i really want a new Xenoblade

"Without love, it cannot be seen" ~Umineko no naku koro ni

RR529

Just arrived in Makna Forest, which is another jaw droppingly impressive locale.

I've been using Reyn as a tank who draws enemy attention, however I have a feeling that I'll be getting a new female party member soon, and since an active sidequest requires me to build affinity between two females I'll probably need to drop him for awhile. Any party build tips without him?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic