Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,903

NintendoByNature

I SHOULD have 3 hopes all tidied up by then. Can't wait!!

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

What is everyone's experience with preorders shipping in time for launch day? I'd kinda like to take next Friday off, but I'd have to file for it in advance....

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Well, Game here are pretty good, @Tyranexx .... & The other places I've used, generally But it'll partially depend on the delivery service, so just when it arrives on the day varies
I'm in UK, though, so I dunno what it's like in other countries

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

@BruceCM USPS is...usually pretty timely, though not always. It fully depends on when the item is shipped in my experience. No experience with any UK services outside of Royal Mail...which doesn't track some kinds of packages and envelopes, as I found out the hard way when I ordered Dragon Quest IX CIB from an eBay seller back in early May. The item did arrive at least.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

Matroska

People already have copies now. Spoilers are being posted online so be careful.

Matroska

jedgamesguy

I'm gonna have to severely scale back my internet usage for a while. Don't want spoilers at all.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

Well, the tracking costs more, @Tyranexx .... So, it depends on what the store sending it chooses & if they offer you the options, etc So, although it will arrive on the day it's supposed to, it's a bit variable when
In a previous place, our mail usually arrived mid afternoon, while here it's usually mid morning, for example. Problem being that even with tracking, you might only get the time estimate in the morning when it's too late to change anything.

SW-4357-9287-0699

Mioaionios

I've been actively searching for spoilers on Twitter, Twitch and YouTube and so far have come up empty, yet Twitter is full of posts that spoilers are everywhere. 🤷‍♂️

Mioaionios

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Yep, the upped price for tracking is what I gathered when searching online. I was far from the only confused person, in or out of the UK. XD It was a new experience for me since the last game I ordered from across the pond (Spectre's Call) was tracked.

My mail uses to arrive late morning, but I'm unsure when it arrives these days since I moved my mailbox across the road. I suspect early to mid-afternoon. I might just take Monday off since that weekend is gonna be a busy one anyway.

Edited on by Tyranexx

BruceCM

Hopefully, it arrives nice & early, so you can spend all day playing it, then, @Tyranexx .... Does wherever you order the game have a guaranteed by 9am option or something?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Sparrow5579

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm just curious, do you need to play Xenoblade 1 and 2 first to understand the 3rd? if so that's fine as I'm more than happy to work through them and then get number 3, I'm not one for getting things on release dates unless its a must have for me.

We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty.

Mioaionios

@Sparrow5579
No. Each game has its own standalone story, world and characters. Even the way the worlds work, their magic and technologies are different.
There are references to the other games in each you'll only pick up on if you played them, but they're not necessary to understand the plot.

Now, Xenoblade 3 might have more references than the other ones. The world of Aionios is a merger of the worlds of XC1 and XC2. So plenty of landmarks will feel familiar to returning players. There's also 2 characters we know of that return from the previous games, but we don't know yet if they remember anything from their previous lives. They could just as well be clones. We don't know.

I have a feeling that people who haven't played the previous games will be perfectly fine playing XC3 first. Yes, there might be returning landmarks and even characters, but the world of Aionios seems to work in such a different way from XC1 and XC2 that it feels more like a reset than a continuation, if that makes sense.

Mioaionios

Sparrow5579

@seaboyluca @Balta666 Thank you both for your replies! I'm torn now as I like the idea of knowing the worlds from the original two. personally and financially I'm in no rush to get one of them yet but will definitely be jumpting into the series soon!

We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty.

Mioaionios

My Switch is ready!
Untitled
Look at those 3 games sitting side-by-side. So cute. 🥰

Mioaionios

Vortexeo

@seaboyluca It's so amazing seeing those games next to each other lol

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Vortexeo

@seaboyluca Did yours download automatically?

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Mioaionios

@Vortexeo
No, had to get into the eShop and go to the redownload page.

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic