Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,860

VoidofLight

WAIT, IN THE TRAILER THEY MENTION THE PASSAGE OF FATE. WHAT?!

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Ralizah

Yes, button commands for attacks instead of the horrible command bar!

The human-sized mecha fusion transformations are bonkers. Very Astral Chain. Although transforming in battle reminds me of Digital Devil Saga, of all things.

@MsJubilee Either that, or Splatoon 3 was moved down a few months.

I hope it's AW, though. I'm very antsy for it to get a new release date.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

VoidofLight

Okay, so it turns out that those robot things are what Melia was referring to as "Ouroboros". They're strange creatures that seem to be a fusion of two different people. One of them looks like metal face to me.

Vortexeo

OH MY GOD Y'ALL I'M FREAKING OUT ONCE AGAINNNNNNN

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Vortexeo

I can't believe this game is getting released EARLIER than its anticipated release, that isn't something that I am used to hearing about lol.

I'm both overjoyed and kinda sad at the same time about the change in release date. I got a full-time summer internship this year but since it's only for the summer I didn't quit my part-time job. I'm gonna be working both full-time and part-time for the summer which means I might not have time to play it on release NOOOOOOO

Vortexeo

But y'all did you see how many party members there were?? It actually looks like there is indeed nopon party members! Goodness, gracious I'm so excited!

Vortexeo

It looks like the party members can fuse together in combat or something? I'm really eager to try this out myself! The combat system looks absolutely incredible! I'm so happy they brought back overkill bonuses!

jedgamesguy

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I can’t believe it! It’s moving forward two months?! This is unthinkable!

…. I’ll comment more later. I’m just so overwhelmed. I’m so happy for everyone else that is happy for this. We have just won out BIG TIME!!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Octane_st1m

The trailer makes me think that it's much more related to XC1 than XC2. The antagonists do look like Mechon in a more human shape rather than a robotic one.

Curious as to how the synergy of 6 party members at a time is gonna work. This could be a nightmare in the tiny screen of a Switch Lite.

Octane_st1m

VoidofLight

@Vortexeo The Nopon are confirmed to be temporary party members, but still it's interesting how the combat uses at least 7 party members.

@Octane_st1m It seems more in line with Xenoblade 1 in terms of tone, but there's tons of influences from 2 as well. Blades are a common race like Homs, High Entia, Humans, etc. and both sides still have weapons based off tech from their respective worlds.

Also, the Ouroboros are more metal-like, but they're not strictly mechon, or even similar to mechon from the look of things. It's like a weird monster.

Vortexeo

@VoidofLight Ahhhh gotcha, man I was curious what they would turn into if they actually were permanent 😂😂

Munchlax

The fusion stuff has got me wanting an X sequel with Skell Megazords.

Munchlax

Ralizah

@Octane_st1m See, I thought the opposite. Blades are obviously in, and the UI looks more like XC2 to me. Ditto with the art-style, even if the character designs are more conservative this go around.

People say that (about the Switch Lite), but I've never had any issues. I don't think it'll be a nice experience undocked, though, considering how previous games were optimized, and how demanding this looks. There's so much happening on-screen at once! It's gonna struggle to hold 720p when docked most of the time, mark my words.

Edited on by Ralizah

Magician

IT'S MORPHIN TIME!

Wait...what?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Vortexeo

NintendoByNature wrote:

Woah! That's crazy it got pushed up. Makes me wonder what is on board for Sepetember now.

I actually think it could be Bayonetta 3? 🤔

Ralizah

@Vortexeo Haha, I completely forgot that was a thing.

Jesus, 2022 is stacked.

VoidofLight

@Ralizah It looks like a better version of 2's UI, yeah. The Arts are still matched with the buttons. Despite this though, the combat looks interesting so far. I hope that you can still run around while auto-attacking like in 1 though.

Vortexeo

@Ralizah Dude IKR. Is it safe to say that this is the most stacked year for the switch so far?

Vortexeo

@VoidofLight I noticed that they don't run super slowly when starting a battle like in Xenoblade 2 so I think they might bring back the auto-attacking while moving again.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic