Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,875

Vortexeo

@VoidofLight Dude same for me! I don't usually do collector's editions but seeing how much I love this series I feel like it's necessary 😂. This might be a long shot but I would also like a Xenoblade 3 pro controller

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Matt_Barber

Ralizah wrote:

@Matt_Barber The combat system is switched up. The cast is mostly different. The story is different. It features unique mechanics not found in the base game.

Torna is definitely more its own experience than a mere supplement to the base game, IMO.

As such, I also have to agree that playing it in the middle of XC2 isn't a great idea.

I'm pretty sure Takahashi knows all that, but it's still what he recommended.

He seems fairly accepting of people playing the games in any order though. So, whatever suits you best, I guess.

Matt_Barber

Grumblevolcano

@Vortexeo Nintendo seems to be mostly over limited edition controllers and systems. Outside of 3rd parties (e.g. Monster Hunter, Fortnite) and Pokemon (TPC does their own thing), the only ones we've gotten since Smash Ultimate in 2018 was the Skyward Sword Joy-Con in 2021.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@Matt_Barber From what I recall him saying, he said that originally the game was supposed to have Torna as apart of a chapter, but it wouldn't fit in the game itself, so it became it's own thing.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Matt_Barber

@VoidofLight It's all in that interview I linked to earlier.

Story-wise, Torna was intended to come between chapters 7 and 8 - setting the back stories for several of the key characters - so still fits there.

It's just the practicalities of playing the games that might potentially get in the way of that. Still, if you're sufficiently well versed in the art of JRPGs to play two with different mechanics at the same time, I can't see it presenting any special obstacles though.

Matt_Barber

jedgamesguy

Playing Torna after beating Chapter 7 or 8 would be like playing all the DLC episodes in Final Fantasy XV. Chronologically it makes perfect sense but it would honestly be better ( in my opinion)to do the DLC after the main game. I tried doing it for the latter and it didn't really work. I still haven't played Episode Prompto or Ignis yet.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Vortexeo

@TheJGG Dude, I never did ask what you thought of the key art! What do you think? Are you a fan of the consistency?

jedgamesguy

@Vortexeo Thanks for asking! It’s strange, the art. I absolutely love it one one hand, and the consistency with the other mainline games is great, but it comes at the cost of more hype for me. It’s great and it’ll be an absolute picture when we get to line up the three games next to each other… but the usual mystery is obviously not there.

I’m a big fan of the consistency though. It’s only gonna make me more ready to play the daylights out of the game when it does come out. What did you think of it?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Vortexeo

@TheJGG I really like it personally! It's going to look really nice next to the other games indeed lol. I was talking with VoidofLight earlier and I mentioned I'm quite curious to find out how the mechonis sword was restored considering it broke towards the end of Xenoblade 1. He also reminded me that the titans at the end of Xenoblade 2 merged with the land so I have quite a few questions as to why they are positioned that way on the cover . Then again, it could mean nothing and just be symbolic of the two games crossing over maybe? 🤔

Gah, I know new information is still a few months away but I can't stop thinking about it 😂

Vortexeo

@Grumblevolcano Oof sorry I forgot to reply!

Yeah, I did figure as much but I would be pretty happy if we get it even if it is unlikely 😂

jedgamesguy

@Vortexeo You both have decent points. Little more to add other than all that, but it’s going to be an interesting few months. We’ll definitely get new story details within a few months due to another Direct, and that’ll answer most of people’s questions.

One of mine would be the logo. 1 had a stroke of blood, X had bullet streaks, and 2 had fire. 3 has these particles drifting away, and the actual 3 has a pretty cool pattern.

Believe me, I can hyper analyse this for days if I wanted to! I’d just rather wait though. There are YouTubers that do this though, I saw a video by Luxin (IMO very pretentious, overanalytical and in love with his voice) that analysed the 2 minute trailer for almost 2 hours. There’s a fine line between commitment and idiocy.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Vortexeo

@TheJGG LOL dude I saw that video, I didn't really watch it though. Speculating is a lot of fun but man 2 HOURS is insane!

I did see a few people talking about the pattern in the Xenoblade 3 logo. I can't say I know what it means but just like everything else so far...it definitely intrigues me 😂.

Btw have you been working on any more Xenoblade covers? 👀

Edited on by Vortexeo

VoidofLight

@TheJGG A person on another forum brought up how Uraya seems to be fading away in the key art, so maybe the particles have something to do with the world decaying due to the lack of ether, and the war is ongoing because of needing to constantly provide ether back into the flow? Kind of like how Shulk explains that all life returns to the Bionis, which I think was confirmed to provide it with Ether in 1. Could be off on that though, since it has been a good while.

jedgamesguy

@Vortexeo Yeah, I'm a fan of speculation but two hours is where the limit lies for a TWO minute video. I'd only be up for a video even half that length when we get another trailer of actual substance. Another trailer would give us more context of some of the events mentioned in 3. Like how the world came to be the "flame clock" that according to Mio "has to go", and the presence of our two masked friendzoned grey-haired friends.

As for Xenoblade covers; not at the moment. The last few I've made have been from NieR, FF7 and Celeste, so I'm really branching out. I may come back and do a Xenoblade one soon though. I've always wanted to try Gaur Plain, but I''m concerned I won't be able to do it justice. That's a concern for a lot of songs I want to cover, actually.

@VoidofLight That sounds plausible, ether particles. Either way I'm content waiting a little longer for some more info, since we already know M.S. at least intend to release the game within half a year.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BenAV

So much for September but I'm sure not gonna complain. It's coming out so soon.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

Woah! That's crazy it got pushed up. Makes me wonder what is on board for Sepetember now.

NintendoByNature

MsJubilee

NintendoByNature wrote:

Woah! That's crazy it got pushed up. Makes me wonder what is on board for Sepetember now.

Advance Wars. Calling it now.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

VoidofLight

WHAT WAS THAT TRAILER?! EVEN FOR A XENOBLADE GAME THIS IS ODD!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic