Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,883

markasscop

@Takoda totally, I also just get a bit tired of hearing the first notes of the song so often, even if I like it otherwise

markasscop

RR529

The only change I'd make (or the one that immediately comes to mind) is that I wish the game would tell you if there are any quest related conversations available (like how you'll get a '?' on the map if there is a quest event available, maybe they should add an '!' wherever one of the yellow speech bubbles is available).

It can be a little annoying rerunning through a colony after you complete a (or many) side quest just to see if any new clues appear.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Grumblevolcano

I really like how rewards for Challenge Battle are generous enough that you can buy lots of silver Nopon Coins for levelling up classes.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Vortexeo

@Grumblevolcano Yes! I really like that as well! I will probably be doing the challenge battle modes quite a bit.

I also finished both of Inos quests last night. I don't really know what to think of her, I'm going to have to mess around with her class a bit more. Her voice is really high pitched though 😅

I'm not quite sure what one of the Nopon aides does. I know one will give you items in exchange for some noponstone. The other says he will raise class acquisition levels but every time I speak to him he says there are no new classes

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Grumblevolcano

@Vortexeo You know how it starts off that only the character who inherited a class has access to that class and by using them or the Hero with the same class you gradually unlock the class for the other 5 characters? That's what the other Nopon speeds up when you spend Noponstones.

So if all 6 characters can use all the classes already, there's no classes to unlock.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Vortexeo

@Grumblevolcano Ohhhh, that makes so much sense! Thank you for clarifying that for me!

RR529

I think I'm almost done. I have already completed the N & X fights, Monica & Ghondor are available to me again, and believe I'm now at the entrance to to bottom of Origin.

I'm going to go run through each of the colonies one last time to see if there's any side quests left to mop up, then I'm going to push forward without looking back. I have 2 or 3 Hero Ascension quests left to do (and there are probably a few regular quests locked off behind those), but I've used up all my Silver Nopon coins & don't want to grind for Class Points so I'll probably let those be.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Vortexeo

I just found out that shulks voice actor does the voice for the nopon archsage in the dlc 😂 I really didn't recognize him!

RR529

Finally finished this up this afternoon! The finale was absolutely epic, but these game companies need to get together and agree on some sort of cap for how many phases a JRPG final boss should have, lol. I was so overleveled it wasn't hard, but it took me nearly 2 hours because it was so long (granted, a ton of that was cutscenes, but still).

I find it absolutely hilarious that it confirmed that Rex got with Pyra, Mythra, AND Nia. He's been absolutely busy, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Matt_Barber

I wonder how many other games there are when the harem ending is also the canonical one.

Edited on by Matt_Barber

Matt_Barber

Kermit1doesmath

When the song hits in Chapter 5
Untitled
I googled crying ron swanson and this is what google gave me

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Zuljaras

Hey Xenoblade veterans! I have a weird question for you! Is there a cemetery or burial site in the game?

I looked into Xenoblade 1 and there is a tomb there and a grave, I think. In 2 there is a whole cemetery but the only thing I can find in 3 is that unique monsters can have gravestones that respawn the battles or something like that.

Matt_Barber

I suppose it has to be said that you don't really need graves when every dead body just floats off in a cloud of lights whenever short tune is played on a flute.

It's just as well really as, with the ten year life span and eternal war going on, they'd be running out of plots for them.

Matt_Barber

RR529

@Zuljaras, without getting into anything too spoilery, the society presented in XC3 is one that has been at war for millennia and where it's populace has been conditioned to see themselves as expendable. They have no need for a graveyard setting in the way you're probably imagining.

The closest parallel is one location that has a war memorial of sorts, but it's more "Vietnam Memorial" (a few ceremonial structures in the middle of a more or less urban locale) than a cemetery with graves, coffins & the like.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

Harry McEntire's first XC3 stream.

The cool thing is that he now voices Noah's lines in bits without voice acting!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Kermit1doesmath

@Ralizah Wow 2k+ subs already. I'm gonna watch this later as background noise.

dysgraphia awareness human

Vortexeo

@Ralizah I hope this tradition continues in the future where a lead VA plays the game 😂 I always love hearing the little insights on what recording was like for them.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic