Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 1,800

Vortexeo

@RR529 Ugh I hated that quest. I'm genuinely curious how anybody could figure it out without a guide.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Matt_Barber

I kept trying random combinations until I ran out of materials and then looked it up.

It's definitely XC3's Ursula moment.

Ah well, at least they have the good sense to keep these kinds of quests out of the main storyline.

Matt_Barber

Tyranexx

Wait, that quest actually has an end? I did a couple of cycles for it before moving on since I thought it was intended to be an endless side activity.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Okami1

I made it to Chapter 4, I'm slowly trekking through the game and really liking where the story is going.

dysgraphia awareness human

MarkL1987

Well, after 50 hours of play time and a lot of hard work, I'm going into the final boss of Xenoblade 3 with my party at level 76. Hopefully that'll be strong enough for me to defeat the final boss and beat the game overall

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Friend code: SW-4428-8318-9398

RR529

@Keveseunie, thanks ever so much. Finished it up this morning. I would have NEVER picked that pairing if it weren't for the guide because the NPCs keep talking about how the Armus are good at escaping and I'd have thought the goal would be to breed the most docile sounding ones possible.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Keveseunie

@RR529
Glad I was able to help.

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6743-9539-7390

Vortexeo

@MarkL1987 I think you should be good! I was level 72 when I beat the game iirc.

MarkL1987

@Vortexeo I just beat the game.

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey

Vortexeo

@MarkL1987 oh dude nice! What did you think?

MarkL1987

@Vortexeo I thought it was an awesome game. Might grab the expansion pass DLCs at a later time, but I think I'm taking a nice long break from this game for now

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey

Vortexeo

@MarkL1987 Lol understandable! I'm currently taking a little break from the game myself!

Okami1

@Vortexeo I'm still trying to beat the game lol. I think tonight I'm going to try to get to chapter 6.

dysgraphia awareness human

Vortexeo

@Kermit1 Haha well take your time! There is a lot of content in the game for sure. I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts once you get to chapter 6!

Edited on by Vortexeo

markasscop

something I really wish this game did (and all RPGs in generally really) is have its battle theme continue on when you get into another enemy encounter rather than restarting every time
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is the only game I know that does this

markasscop

Takoda

@markasscop Doesn’t Fire Emblem Awakening also do that, just with a ‘decision’ and a ‘battle’ version of the track that smoothly transition into each other. A lot harder to do in a giant rpg like this with songs of this length, and if there’s a giant stretch of exploring in-between it would just kind of feel weird… but could technically be done, I’m sure.

Edited on by Takoda

I keep buying fighting games for some reason, even though I barely got anyone to play against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7519-0735-1595

Vortexeo

@markasscop Honestly this is a pretty good idea. I remember when I was playing through Future Connected in the first game I didn't even realize the battle theme had vocals until I listened to it outside of the game. Most battles just didn't last long enough for me to hear the whole track lol.

markasscop

@Takoda Awakening onwards (besides Shadows of Valentia) are mildly similar to what I mean but the battle themes are a variation of the map themes, which better allow those transitions, though I definitely like that system too
but I so wish each game with a dedicated battle theme allows the song to pick up where the last fight leaves off, especially for a game like this where you're getting in and out of fights frequently

and I wouldn't mind if the song did restart itself after you leave certain areas, just something better than what it is now

@Vortexeo man same, I had to constantly find enemies mid fight just to know how the rest of the song sounds like, I sorta question why it's even that long in the first place

Edited on by markasscop

markasscop

Takoda

@markasscop Ohhh like that. Honestly, not a bad idea at all. I’d like that a lot more than only hearing the full song in super long battles.

I keep buying fighting games for some reason, even though I barely got anyone to play against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7519-0735-1595

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic