Forums

Topic: Octopath Traveler

Posts 381 to 400 of 628

Mountain_Man

Kogorn733 wrote:

(2) the stories have all been good, though I've only completed 5 character's chapter ones so far. Primrose's was by far the most interesting, with Ophelia's perhaps being the least interesting/moving a little too quickly

The first chapter of Primrose's story is surprisingly grim. It's not the sort of thing I expect from a game like this — or any game, for that matter — even if much of it is cloaked in euphemism and innuendo. Although I did chuckle when she defiantly told her master, "Go pleasure yourself!"

Kogorn733 wrote:

(3) combat is fun. Random encounters can get annoying sometimes, but I've found that equipping one of Cyrus's passives makes it much less of an issue.

I've steered away from equipping Cyrus' passive simply because I don't want to miss out on the experience you gain from combat, but I can see how it might come in handy if you're traveling through low level zones and don't want to be bothered.

The Mountain Man

EvilLucario

Yeah Dunkey doesn't like JRPGs. So if you like them, his view most probably wouldn't apply to you.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Namco

darkfenrir wrote:

I still kinda wish we don't need to bring these other people IN party to activate their party banter (So they just need to be in active party for their story) :[

Grinding is fun, but it's kinda long road when my mains are Level 30, or 29, while the others are level 15-18 :')

I know this feeling, all my characters are around level 25-35 except for Alfyn who is only level 11 or something. I will have to grind for a while before I dare to start his second chapter, but I don't feel like doing so. Maybe I'll just forget about Alfyn until I finish all the other stories.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Spoony_Tech

Navitroid wrote:

darkfenrir wrote:

I still kinda wish we don't need to bring these other people IN party to activate their party banter (So they just need to be in active party for their story) :[

Grinding is fun, but it's kinda long road when my mains are Level 30, or 29, while the others are level 15-18 :')

I know this feeling, all my characters are around level 25-35 except for Alfyn who is only level 11 or something. I will have to grind for a while before I dare to start his second chapter, but I don't feel like doing so. Maybe I'll just forget about Alfyn until I finish all the other stories.

I find it's pretty easy for 2 to 3 strong characters to care the weaker ones in battle. They will also level way quicker if you tackle fights you can barely handle.

I also would never use Cyrus ability to slow down enemy encounters. I enjoy the fighting and even weaker enemies give some experience. So far I have no abilities linked to him because of that. The encounters are not the frequent anyways and most areas and dungeons so far are short enough to not feel like I'm getting attacks every 3 seconds.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@darkfenrir It would be cool if they all chatted for that reason even if they went in the immediate party. I believe the Tales games do that. They should've had it that the party is always with you and can be changed whenever and wherever you wanted instead of changing at the bar. They need only display the current party either way.

Oh and the above quote was for the other person that posted sorry.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

darkfenrir

@Spoony_Tech Yeah, I would hope that will happen. It's a little of a hassle to keep changing my team after all since you need to find a bar (Although I won't mind... if they didn't lock away these party banters with it! I love my story bits so yeah).

And it's ok! While I thought it might be pointed at me as well, I just thought that I could explain why I need to train up my other characters.

Right now I'm thinking to only pull them to level 22s or so for H'aanit, Ophilia and Primrose... around 5 more levels more.

darkfenrir

Kogorn733

Man the octopath reddit has a REALLY annoying rule where any "help" question has to go in a common thread. That's stupid.

Kogorn733

darkfenrir

Kogorn733 wrote:

Man the octopath reddit has a REALLY annoying rule where any "help" question has to go in a common thread. That's stupid.

Doesn't that make it easier though? That way you can also check easily if the question you wanted to ask is already asked and answered through a single search (or just scroll through comments), and people that want to help can just peek at the thread...

darkfenrir

Kimyonaakuma

At least you can still hear the conversations if you swap characters and then re-enter the town, I can't find a place to replay them though so I guess that's only available for main cutscenes.

I don't see why you can't listen to the conversations with every character the first time. Are they not all travelling together? I'm not believing that four of the characters are putting their lives on hold just to drink and chat until they're needed. And then if your party fast travels then the other characters would need to run after them... actually this could be quite entertaining

Somebody make a video of this please!

Kimyonaakuma

jtmnm

Anyone here kill the Dire Wolf in Forest of Purgation?

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

erv

I just bought the full game as the demo surprised me a lot. It's going to be a fun story to play, I think. It's great I can continue from my demo save onwards... any tips for the start of a journey are welcome

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

bixente

Finished the eight stories earlier today. Now I'm cleaning up the remaining side quests and dungeons I missed. Love this game.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

maelis

Hello,

i bought this great game recently and i am playing only handled. Is there a way to increase the size of the text? i sometimes struggle a bit to read since the characters are very tiny..
thank you!

maelis

sr_388

@Kimyonaakuma if you search Octopath Banter there are a bunch of YouTube videos with the banter for each character by chapter.

sr_388

Spoony_Tech

@maelis Unless they patch it in sadly no. My eyes need bigger text as well so that's why I play mostly on the tv.

MERG said:

Maxz

This is a very naive question but... is there's any way you can heal for free without levelling up or using items? Like, an Octopath equivalent of the Poké Centre?

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Kimyonaakuma

@Maxz I I just keep Ophilia in my party and give her the skill that restores her SP every turn. I always have a lot of inspiriting plums too.

Apart from that just keep stocked up on items and visit Inns where you can get a discount

Kimyonaakuma

darkfenrir

@Maxz You can also get those items where you heal up everyturn, or get SP everyturn and just heal everyone up.

By now I have 0 worries about healing and SP even though I'm not even in 2nd chapter haha. (I sometimes use Inn if I need to use Olberic heavily for provoke)

darkfenrir

Maxz

Thanks all for the advice. At the time of writing, I hadn't even discovered my first inn, so you can probably tell how far through this game I am!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic