Forums

Topic: What Would You Want In A Switch Pro Update?

Posts 181 to 200 of 219

jump

@Zeldafan79 Whilst it is great not being poor no one is actually saying they want to buy it sight unseen, literally the post above yours say they might not buy it. Just because people are speculating as to what it is doesn't mean they are eager to buy it.

To be honest over the last few days it seems like you're getting yourself worked up over the idea of the new Switch. Were you like this when the New 3DS or PS4 Pro came out?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

Zeldafan79 wrote:

I never bought a PS4 Pro for the very same reason. I have a PS4 already and it works just fine. You people that are so eager to drop more cash on this thing either have more money than you know what to do with or gotta have every version of every system ever.

..... says the guy with two consoles, a PS4 and Switch. That's funny, but I know what you mean. The Switch is my only console, and I'm tired of missing out on mondern games that can only run on more powerful Playstation & Xbox consoles. If, and I know that may be a big if... If an upgraded Switch will mean I don't have to miss out on modern games because of being so underpowered, my money is ready. I think it's ridiculous that I need to buy two consoles if want both NIntendo and modern games. (that's not a judgement on having a Switch & PS4). Needing to buy a Nintendo and a Playstation/Xbox seems unnecessary to me. That's where I'm at. Otherwise, I lean toward geting a playstation, but I'm not in any rush.

If the revised Switch isn't a good step in that direction, then at some point here, I'm opening up my launch-Switch to perfrom minor surgery to replace the degrading battery.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

roy130390

@Zeldafan79 I feel the same way about it, however I might end up getting one if the price isn't stupid and it actually has better features to access more demanding games. The main reason isn't that though, because just as you said my Switch Lite works just fine. It's because I'm already considering getting another Switch so that I can pass this one to my girlfriend, otherwise it wouldn't even be something that I consider.

If this thing has another memory slot or even more internal storage memory it would be great, as I already have filled my 400 GB card.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

TSR3

@Slowdive Interesting that Dev Kits are not widely available yet. I guess that explains why there's been no dev leaks then! My takeway from that Nate the Hate (is this the same guy as NateDrake from ResetEra?) episode is that Nintendo want to announce early before all the dev and manufacturer leaks do come out, and that we'll probably still have lots of unanswered questions about when we can actually buy it and what games there will before it.

TSR3

teo_o

@Slowdive the only argument from Nate i'm not convinced by is when he says "why would Aonuma apologize in february if BOTW2 is coming out in september/october alongside the new model? no i think it's 2022. would you apologize for 7 months?". i think they didn't show it in february for two simple reasons, the first being you already have skyward sword coming out and you don't want to overshadow it with botw2. the second reason is nintendo was probably stil deciding when to launch the new model, with so many variables and the problems other console launches are having. if botw2 happens to be a launch title for the new model, i think it's reasonable to keep the curtains closed until you're sure of the launch date.
That been said, if botw2 happens to actually use the new hardware, i would prefer a 2022 launch, so i don't have to fight the scalpers to buy the hardware.

teo_o

jump

@teo_o yeah that's taking it out of context, he apologized for people thinking he was gonna show BOTW 2 because he popped up in a Direct and actually promised to show it off this year.

I've not bothered listening to the podcast but I saw someone sum it as rather than an insider talking insidery things he's just reading from news and speculating on it even though he's been completely blindsided by it all.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

teo_o

@jump yeah, i don't want to sound like an a-hole, but you can totally skip this one. The "switch pro conjecture videos" sponge has been squeezed to dryness.

teo_o

jump

@Slowdive how can he apologise for delaying a game that was never dated?

Nicolai wrote:

GrailUK

@teo_o He was more apologising for not having anything to show.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

jump

@Slowdive Good progress, so you agree Nate is talking out of his arse about Aonuma apologizing for delaying BOTW2. ;p

Since Ninty literally released 3D All Stars on 2 weeks notice 2 months seems like they would be confident about having enough time. Even games like Game Buider Garage was announced on a months notice and that is something that could use the build up for. Besides it's Zelda, its been waited on for 2 years already.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

kkslider5552000

An ability to easily import all my data from my Switch to it, and to be able to trade my old Switch in for substantial discount.

Otherwise I'm not getting one. Outside of GBA SP, I don't think I've ever gotten an upgraded version of a system I already own. I'm not made of money, last I checked anyway.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GrailUK

@kkslider5552000 I know right! Grinds my gears when someone casually tells you to buy another console if you want to play a game.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

ophone

I still have to play the first BOTW. Nintendo can take its time on the sequel.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

jump

@Slowdive I never said it was in development for two years, it’s been announced for two years.

The argument that a game needs months of hype isn’t untrue as fact Nintendo has released high profile massive selling games on 2 weeks notice, a title as big as BOTW 2 making a splash at E3 is enough momentum for a release a few months later.

In any case Nate is talking out of his arse, he has logic inconsistent with Nintendo practices and took Aonuma out of context.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

@Slowdive Nintendo are releasing a Pokemon game in Nov and another one in Jan. is that a smart marketing decision? ;p

I’m not arguing that BOTW2 is coming out in Sep btw, I’m arguing against the bad logic that’s getting repeated as fact just because “Nate” said so.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

Slowdive wrote:

But he made some solid points in the podcast overall

I’ve yet to hear one ;p

Nicolai wrote:

SwitchForce

TSR3 wrote:

@Slowdive Interesting that Dev Kits are not widely available yet..

More like they are locked down on the NDA and probably any leakers have been blacklisted has shown others consequences. And to think they wouldn't have Dev Kits already there is just dumb. They most likely don't want the Blacklisted as that would most likely be used by Sony, Microsoft which would be a permanent lifetime ban. That's why no pep from Dev Kits testers.

SwitchForce

TSR3

@SwitchForce The podcast didn't say there were no dev kits, just that they weren't out in the wider dev community yet. What would leaky Devs be blacklisted from anyway, the most favoured developers club? You're not suggesting Nintendo, and Sony and Microsoft would all co-operate in blocking devs from writing games for their platforms are you? That surely would be a breach of competition and market access rules in most jurisdictions

Edited on by TSR3

TSR3

WoomyNNYes

@TSR3 Someone can correct me if, I'm wrong. If a developer leaks/breaks a non-disclosure agreement, Nintendo can deny them a future dev kit, or access to their proprietary game cards to sell physical games, as well as access to sell on eshop.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

TSR3 wrote:

That surely would be a breach of competition and market access rules in most jurisdictions

Why would it? Not anyone can develop for Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation as you need to ask permission first and if someone has a history of breaking confidentiality agreement even if it's for a different console they aren't gonna willing to let them have a development kit.

Imagine you're interviewing someone for a job and you find out they keep getting fired for bad behaviour, would you still employ them?

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic