Forums

Topic: What Would You Want In A Switch Pro Update?

Posts 201 to 219 of 219

TSR3

@WoomyNNYes @jump Thanks for aiding my understanding. I hadn't realised the console stores were such closed shops

TSR3

jump

@TSR3 they aren’t really, a person by themselves can get their games released on them with minimal fuss (hence why there is so much crap) but if you make yourself infamous then they have the right to so say jog on or take the licence/dev kit away from them.

I don’t know why you think it’s such a big issue, if someone is known to be dodgy then people won’t want to deal with them just like in all walks of life.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TSR3

@jump I didn't realise I was making such a big issue of the NDAs I was more interested in Nate's and MVGs thoughts about Derv Kits, but it seems like that's a bit of red herring

TSR3

SwitchForce

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@TSR3 Someone can correct me if, I'm wrong. If a developer leaks/breaks a non-disclosure agreement, Nintendo can deny them a future dev kit, or access to their proprietary game cards to sell physical games, as well as access to sell on eshop.

This maybe one of the biggest reason if a Super Nintendo Switch is coming out they would like to not get on the bad side with all the leaks that has happend since the NX. If anyone thinks Dev Kits haven't already been moved out after the v2 Switch is just fooling themselves. Do they realize how long it takes from R&D to testing to production. Especially when they are planning to upgrade the Switch someone has to test and refine it before production starts but that is when they get inventory setup to get going. You don't wake up one day and say let's start a New Switch. Would anyone fly on a plane made in one day nothing to verify it. Probably not. It takes time to get from drawing specs to production and QC is part of it.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

Jrpglover

I'd want in a new switch

Better battery life
Wireless charging
Better joy cons
Customisable backplates like they did with the 3ds
Dedicated ethernal port on the dock
Bluetooth support for earphones
Voice chat
Higher res screen 1440p handheld 60fps 1440p 120+ fps TV mode/ 4k 30fps

Jrpglover

HotGoomba

@Jrpglover Ok there's some of problems with your wants.

What's the point of wireless charging on Switch if it's just gonna overheat the console, and I'm sure that most people wouldn't use it, especially if the dock is still a usb-c connector.

Customizable faceplates would be awesome, but would also be a bit of a mess unless it's exclusively on a Switch Lite-style Pro (handheld only pro console), rather than a full Switch Pro.

Messages don't seem like a feature everyone would use (still would be a nice touch ngl)

No way in hell that there will be a 1440p handheld display ahahahahahahahahahahh
Expect 1080p at best, it's still a great resolution and won't bump up the price as much.

I doubt that there will be 120fps support on Switch Pro, but I mean if it's gonna compete with the PS5, I guess that it can work.

I know that I just said no to 1440p on handheld and doubted 120fps, but 4K 30fps seems like it's a bit too low, I'd say 4K 60fps makes more sense.

Anyways that's for attending my TED talk.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Jrpglover

HotGoomba wrote:

@Jrpglover Ok there's some of problems with your wants.

What's the point of wireless charging on Switch if it's just gonna overheat the console, and I'm sure that most people wouldn't use it, especially if the dock is still a usb-c connector.

Customizable faceplates would be awesome, but would also be a bit of a mess unless it's exclusively on a Switch Lite-style Pro (handheld only pro console), rather than a full Switch Pro.

Messages don't seem like a feature everyone would use (still would be a nice touch ngl)

No way in hell that there will be a 1440p handheld display ahahahahahahahahahahh
Expect 1080p at best, it's still a great resolution and won't bump up the price as much.

I doubt that there will be 120fps support on Switch Pro, but I mean if it's gonna compete with the PS5, I guess that it can work.

I know that I just said no to 1440p on handheld and doubted 120fps, but 4K 30fps seems like it's a bit too low, I'd say 4K 60fps makes more sense.

Anyways that's for attending my TED talk.

I'm fully aware of the " issues" with the things I want with the switch but as the post title states it's a what do YOU want in a switch and I listed mine

1080p isn't a great resolution at all it's god awful and needs to be replaced it's been around far to long already expecting

All the current assumptions on a switch Pro are all based off of the tegra chip that Nintendo buy from Nvidia which they no longer produce and Nvidia don't have a more powerful chip so either they've made a custom chip just for Nintendo ( doubtful it's not there style) or they'll have to move to AMD and it could be a Ryzen based chip which is far more powerful and could do 1440p and onwards but we will have to see

Jrpglover

WoomyNNYes

I already have two pair of joycons. I Wonder if they'd sell new switch for cheaper without joycons. (Assuming they haven't fixed drift)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes Nah, it will be bundled with joy cons as standard.

It also comes with Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, Star Fox Zero and Bayonetta for the Wii U, you can't play them on this new Switch though but they need to do something to clear their warehouse of their left over copies.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

skywake

New wishlist thought. User upgradeable M.2 SSD. You can get 500GB SSDs for less than the cost of a similar capacity micro SD card and at a higher rated speed. Or even 1TB for a bit more.

Wishful thinking but would be nice and also very technically possible. Don't think Nintendo would be open to "complicating" storage...

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SwitchForce

Those higher GPU Frequency isn't support or using some kinda DLSS to get to 4K to have 1440 or 120hz requires dedicate GPU SLI/CF to maintain those specs and then push stable 60fps that's asking alot. Only system that could even close that gap is a Gaming Desktop/Laptop optimized to do that in SLI/CF fashion and to think xbox/psx can do that is a joke. Having a 1080p on New Switch is akin to looking at your smartphone those pixel will be so small to make it not worth while-I can see 720p being able to pull that off more better on smaller screen. Not sure why people keep harping 4K portable even when the Rumor Mills never mentioned 4K in portable mode. But I guess they grab for misinformation as much as possible when a Switch can innovate to 4K and do more then the coffee table console that can't move. Gamers of today are hybrid they want their gaming choice Freedom. Now if your running a competition gaming club that is different but the vast gamers are hybrid and don't want to be tied to the couch

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

TSR3

I'd like it to be lighter in handheld mode if possible (I think that's wishful thinking, but hey). I'd also like the tabletop experience to be improved, so I was kinda excited by the rumour about the larger stand. I assume the new bigger OLED screen will need to be seen in real life to know if it makes a difference to tabletop viewing or not.

TSR3

HotGoomba

@Jrpglover This is a good response.

Although you're literally the only person I know that hates 1080p (I don't even mind having 1080p instead of 1440p or 4K), but I respect your opinion.

Jrpglover

@hotgoomba it's not that I hate it it's the fact that 1080p has been around since 2005 which makes it almost 20 years old and we are only just starting to progress to 4k TVs / monitors which should have been done a long time ago and that 1080p has stuck around for far to long personally I blame the fact that consoles are to under powered and have to long life spans which caused the slow down in HD progression

Jrpglover

HotGoomba

@Jrpglover Eh not like there's a huge significant jump to 1440p or even 4K like there was from 480p to 1080p/720p.

SwitchForce

@Jrpglover Game Development Cost $$$$ it's not like wake up one day and there is the game. And to make a game with 4K graphics isn't easy and if you want to make it switching pun between 720/1080/4K that isn't cheap along with the testing involvement to make sure it works seemingly as it was a walk in the park. People talk like it's a easy tradeoff or software switching but there is more underneath that has to keep things humming when playing the game that alot don't see or appreciates the Codes written to keep it running.

SwitchForce

Bolt_Strike

I had a dream about the Switch Pro the other night. They revealed that you could connect one screen to another like you could the Joycons (and you could also attach them above and below instead of just left to right), and they connected like, 8 screens together into some giant monstrosity of Nintendo goodness. That would quite possibly be the dumbest idea for an upgraded Switch that I would totally buy.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

skywake

SwitchForce wrote:

Game Development Cost $$$$ it's not like wake up one day and there is the game. And to make a game with 4K graphics isn't easy and if you want to make it switching pun between 720/1080/4K that isn't cheap along with the testing involvement to make sure it works seemingly as it was a walk in the park.

eh, not really. I mean if you suddenly have 2x the horsepower and already have the game largely developed upping the resolution is probably the easiest change to make. It would literally be a couple of lines in some config file. Sure you'd have to test it to confirm performance was acceptable at that resolution on the new hardware but you'd have a fair idea which sections were demanding already.

There are literally games like Rocket League on the Switch that have "high resolution" and "high performance" modes on the Switch. Hell, just about every PC game ever released has at least a resolution slider. Some older games even expose the config file

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic