Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 69,021 to 69,040 of 69,981

Magician

Here I am...looking to put together my next import order from Play-Asia. I like Dragon Quest. So lets have a look at Infinity Strash reviews. "One of the worst games in Square-Enix's catalogue."

Damn.

Alright, moving on.

Edit: Seems to be a...functional video game, but has zero recommendations.

https://opencritic.com/game/15569/infinity-strash-dragon-ques...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

Magician wrote:

Here I am...looking to put together my next import order from Play-Asia. I like Dragon Quest. So lets have a look at Infinity Strash reviews. "One of the worst games in Square-Enix's catalogue."
Damn.

Alright, moving on.

Edit: Seems to be a...functional video game, but has zero recommendations.

https://opencritic.com/game/15569/infinity-strash-dragon-ques...

That hurts. I was looking forward to that one.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

@Ryu_Niiyama

As was I. I really enjoy the musou genre.

Since the Switch's launch I've been holding out hope that S-E would offer a western release of the Dragon Quest Heroes double pack Japan got at launch. But since the platform is winding down, it most likely won't happen now.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

@Magician It's more an arena brawler than musou...but honestly the more I'm finding other reviews it looks serviceable. Kinda if you are a fan of the material then it pushes a few points, especially if you like arena brawlers, but if you were expecting an open world rpg or don't know the source you will bounce off of it. I think I will still wait for a sale but the is going back onto my purchase list. At this point, my only annoyance is the same one I had from the start which is that it doesn't cover the whole series. Arena brawlers are short on content so no reason to not have the whole store imo. The poor reviews may mean this won't get DLC.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Giancarlothomaz

potencial Nintendo Switch sucessor launch title/window games:
a brand new 3D Mario(launch title)
Metroid Prime 4(cross-gen and a launch window game)
a game that showcases the Switch sucessor main concepth/gimmick
a sequel to a dormant/dead Nintendo franchise
ports of third-party(something for Capcom, Square Enix and so on).

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Atomic77

I’m actually hopefully upgrading from my lite to a Oled. I asked for one for my birthday which is now only only a few weeks away October 15th. With the rumors of a new switch coming in 2024 I’m not sure how many more switch things I’ll be getting into.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Giancarlothomaz

Nintendo Switch sucessor launch in june of next year? and mistakes Nintendo need to avoid on it next hardware and Digital Foundry talk about the possibal Switch sucessor techinal/graphical perfomance and Shuntaro Furukawa has stated Nintendo Switch will have games until early 2025

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nintendos-president-...

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

mjharper

The article talks about a job listing at Nintendo for a marketing intern and a time period from May to August. Most interns work during the summer. The company I work for always brings in interns from May to August because most students take the summer off from school, and it's not because we're building launch campaigns for new products we're releasing in the fall. This "rumor" seems a little flimsy.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

Magician

I imagine it would be easy to copy/paste the marketing strategy from the Switch's launch. Just have of a bunch of people on a rooftop in a downtown metro area backdrop. The Gen Z'ers are drinking wine while the Gen Alphas are eating Nintendo cereal. And they decide to step away from their vittles to play a little bit of what the boomers would call...Nintendo (not NG Switch).

Edited on by Magician

mjharper

@Magician Hopefully they bring back Karen.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

Fizza
HADES IS HALF OFF OH I AM IN RUIN
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Magician

Dyschronia arrives on Switch next month.

I enjoy a good murder mystery, but am I in the mood to pay $50 for a walking simulator?

Ehhhhhh.....

Grumblevolcano

So I guess we're entering awkward territory regarding Switch game sizes now, I saw it being reported on that Borderlands 3 physical version requires a download of at least 62GB. Not even the infamous super expensive 32GB carts would resolve that.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

@Grumblevolcano I need a refresher on the XtraROM Macronix tech present in Switch cartridges. What's the solution for games with a file size over 64GB? Assuming there is a solution? If Nintendo are going with physical releases and not all-digital, what kind of "Switch tax" should we expect.

Would Nintendo be first to market with $80 first party games?

Edit: Seems the XtraROM tech in Switch cartridges is a fancy word for MLC NAND flash memory?

Edited on by Magician

NintendoByNature

Looks like Prison City is coming to switch on 11.16.23. One of my more highly anticipated indie games for the year.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic