Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,141 to 68,160 of 70,081

Magician

Hmm, thinking over the announcements from the past few days, Phoenix Wright 4-5-6 was probably the highlight.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

StarPoint

@Magician Agreed! Definitely for me, at least.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

JaxonH

You don't need to be a clairvoyant to know we'll get a Direct at some point this summer. Obviously. We get a direct every summer. Why would this be any different. But they do it on their own time. Not, "oh Xbox just had a showcase, quick! Get recording- go go go!". They'll drop it when they're ready. Could be in a few weeks. Could be next month. Could even be August. It comes when it comes.

Man, we are absolutely spoiled silly with added content for masterpiece titles. And it's going under the radar big time. We got Fire Emblem Engage Fell Xenologue. We got Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed. We got Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Title Update 5 and the bonus update with Primordial Malzeno. We got a new update to Triangle Strategy out of nowhere with new modes and chapter to play. We've got Splatoon 3 expansion on the way, more Mario Kart 8 tracks on the way, we've got Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope Rayman expansion on the way... and that's not even accounting for the actual mainline titles we're being hammered with from Fire Emblem to Metroid Prime to Zelda to Pikmin.

Lotta snoozing at the wheel going on.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GrailUK

I think I'm about half way through Zelda (with a ton of exploring still to do.) I reckon Nintendo have their timing spot on for releases as I should be finishing around Pikmin 4. Youtubers are just moaning because they can't make content lol. Who cares.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

NintendoByNature

Alrighty.. going to need something after totk. I did just buy Diablo III, but for the recent sale, I'm considering Live a Live. I feel like it'll be a nice totk pallette cleanser. Im somewhat considering smt v as well. Someone please offer up your thoughts on either or, but im leaning toward live a live. Thanks in advance.

NintendoByNature

TheBigBlue

Bah, I’m having trouble. I got some extra money and I’m going to GameStop tomorrow, but I also have the option of getting a game from the eshop. I can’t decide! I’m scrolling through the list of the top games on the Eshop, like TOTK and Smash Ultimate. I have a lot of those games already, I got TOTK on Sunday which rules so far, and now I gotta make another choice. I am leaning away from games that are easier and take no time at all to beat, and stuff like ports of older games I’ve already played. I played Return to dreamland and Mario 3D World on Wii U, and I wonder if buying them again will be worth it. In summary, I’m trying to find something worth the big money, but I’m also open to buying ports like 3D world too, if they are worth it. And I know there are a few Xenoblade buffs here in particular, maybe they can help recommend which game to nab first?

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

TheBigBlue

@Owl1 I thought that was Switchforce in your pfp hahaha!

TheBigBlue

@Owl1 10 second reply

Rambler

Something I've always meant to ask - why are second hand games never really mentioned? People go on about waiting for sales and that initial costs are too high, but I never see anyone saying that they will wait a month then get it on eBay. Just find it odd.

Rambler

Magician

@Rambler Probably because Switch physical releases tend to hold their "value" better than games on other platforms. Typically you'll find new copies of games at Amazon cheaper than loose and used copies on eBay. At least over here in Murica.

For example, I Google Pokemon Snap for Switch and the first listings I get are $35 new from Amazon with free shipping. Or $30 loose, used, not including shipping on eBay.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TheBigBlue

@Professor_Plumber I just looked through their account and it’s literally promo for the TCG and their damn merchandise store

Grumblevolcano

Given how Part 1 of the Scarlet/Violet Expansion Pass launches in Fall 2023, I don't think we'll see a Pokemon Presents until August. Yes there's stuff like Pokemon Sleep launching in Summer 2023 but that could be shadow drop in an August Pokemon Presents.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rambler

@Magician Must be a US thing. The games are not super-cheap on eBay in the UK, but you can get them cheaper than Amazon and other sellers.

Edit: from a very quick search, I've found Pokémon snap for £34 new (Shopplay? Good Trustpilot reviews), and for £25 on ebay (& cheaper w/o case)

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

RenanKJ

Hi folks!

I'll be a dad in a few weeks, so naturally as a gamer I started to search on how to share games with my son in the coming years. On Switch, I can't really share digital games with my son in other consoles, apparently.

So this is a question for those of you who have multiple consoles for multiple users at home: how do you share your games? What are the limitations and workarounds you use?

RenanKJ

Jhena

Woah Y's X Nordics looks awesome. I am really happy they went with a brighter tone this time, the dark and gothic tone of IX turned me off from playing the game. The world and characters look great. Some cool things I saw were the grapple hook mechanic, a little bit of stealth and the ice spell to alter the environment. The fights seem to be fluid as usual. I hope there will be a possibility to turn off the blood effects, it is a bit too much.

Edit: I love Adol's new design.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Grumblevolcano

The Lara Croft collection (Guardian of Light + Temple of Osiris) releases June 29th:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic