Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,161 to 68,180 of 69,991

Magician

Pretty cool.

That said, physical release or hard pass for me.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

I'm just glad Falcom is developing Ys X for Switch internally, rather than subcontracting another studio for the Switch version. I believe Trails Into Reverie, which is releasing in a few weeks, will be their first internally developed Switch game, iirc.

Those Tomb Raider games are actually pretty decent. I remember pre-ordering on PS4 many years ago, I opened the case and there was a download code inside. At least they're not pulling that crap this time. Just sell it digitally so I can download from the eShop directly.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Jhena

@JaxonH
Was there a problem with the last Switch Y's games? Only did a quick comparison of the PlayStation 4 and Switch version of Y's VIII Lacrimosa Of Dana.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

TheBigBlue

Picked up 3D World for switch after neglecting it for two years. Hope the bowser’s fury thing is fun since I played the base game on the Wii u years back. Also bought crash 4 because NEO CORTEX

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Magician

@Jhena

Ys IX port on Switch was rough at launch. Frequent crashing, bad framerate, low resolution, etc. A post-patch smoothed things over, but it still doesn't look or run all that well. I don't know who the developer was? But whoever it was messed up, so Falcom are taking the port of X back in-house.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Jhena

@Magician
Thanks. It is sad to hear what happened to Y's IX. Hopefully shifting to in-house development will help to make a good Switch version. I feel at home with my Switch and even though I own a PlayStation 4 Pro I would rather play on the Switch.

@TheBigBlue
If you like Crash Bandicoot and challenging games, you will propably love Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. I had a good time with it.

Jhena

JaxonH

@Jhena
While Ys VIII didn't look the best visually and certainly didn't have flawless performance, it was totally playable and very enjoyable on Switch.

Ys IX, on the other hand, was an unmitigated disaster. The framerate would routinely tank to 15-20 fps within the city, which you spend a LOT of time in. I'm no framerate snob, but even for me it crossed the line into being "too aggravating to play" and I just shelved it.

Their Trails games have been excellent though. I think Trails of Cold Steel 3 has some pixelation that's noticeable but overall it's a far more polished experience than any Ys game on Switch. Trails of Cold Steel 4 was even better. They used AA to smooth out the pixelated assets and its probably the best Falcom game on Switch to date. Then there's the Trails Crossbell duology, Trails From Zero and Trails From Azure, both of which were impeccable, superior releases to the PS4 versions.

But all of those games were contracted out to other studios. I expect Falcom to set the bar with their internal releases given the quality of the first two Trails From Cold Steel games on Vita, which was a full generational gap behind Switch. They even got Ys VIII running on Vita. It was a crap version and had tons of framerate issues, but the fact they got it running at all on that system is a testament to their skill vs whatever studios they've been contracting for Switch ports.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Next week's NSO game is FE7 (GBA), Japan also gets FE6 the same day.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Jhena

@JaxonH
Thanks. Let us hope that they can pull it off. I will definitely be cautious and wait for comparison videos on Youtube.

Jhena

Magician

Lawd have mercy. If you're a frequent customer of Limited Run, you may want to check your email. I think I might be receiving half a dozen games (three separate orders) from them today. Assuming everything arrives as anticipated, the weekend could result in some biblical-quality gaming.

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Buizel

@Grumblevolcano I got excited for a second there, thinking they'd either announced a port of the reboot trilogy, or even some of the cleric titles T_T.

Not sure I'm interested in these spin-off titles unfortunately.

At least 2'8".

TheBigBlue

Nintendo is starting to do the Mario kart dlc spotlights again, just popped up on my news feed. I’m pretty sure we all know what that means. Once the spotlights end, we get a Twitter announcement.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Grumblevolcano

@TheBigBlue It'll be interesting to see at what pacing it's done for US, Europe did 1 a week with today being the 6th track (DS Mario Circuit) so the last track will be on June 30th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

Nintendo business decision of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC was really really wrong from my perceptions.
It should be used for next Mario Kart games.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

It's cool that they're bringing over Fire Emblem to NSO's GBA catalog, but it's been some time since Nintendo added a game to the N64 lineup. I kinda want to play Mario Party 3 online.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Xyphon22

Hey, I wanted to see if anyone could help me out with a problem we recently discovered. We have a family account for NSO and all of our different accounts on the Switch (there are four of us). I am the primary account. We also have Animal Crossing: New Horizons in which we all live on our island with our own characters from our own accounts. I recently purchased a new Switch OLED and transferred my account to it and made it primary, but kept the old one for the kids to play on. Today my daughter tried to get on Animal Crossing and it said her account is not able to play it. My account is still on the old Switch, too, and I am able to get on Animal Crossing on my account, but nobody else is. Does anyone know a solution for my family can still play it on their own accounts on the old Switch? Thanks.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

skywake

@Xyphon22
The family account is for multiple people to have the same online account. So you can all gain access to the classic games, online play, and any other NSO perks including ones not on the Switch itself. Like the exclusive items on the shop

The DRM for games is entirely separate and entirely different and works in the same way whether or not you have an account. Any account on your primary console is able to play any game you have downloaded on that console. Whether they are paid NSO accounts or not. All downloads on your primary console behave as though you physically have the cartridge in the slot. On other consoles? Only the account that has purchased the game can play the game

Animal Crossing complicates this further by having your island and save tied to the console not your account

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MsJubilee

I have been playing Prodeus this past week. I have to say; this game got old fast. I liked it initially, but it's so dull and piss easy. It's a chore to finish it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Xyphon22

@skywake Yeah, thanks. I discovered the issue is making my new OLED the primary console, so even though any account can play a game on the primary console, only the account that purchased the game (mine) can play it on the non-primary console. So can I just switch the primary back and forth whenever one of my kids wants to play Animal Crossing? Because while slightly annoying, that would at least be a simple enough solution.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic