Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,721 to 63,740 of 65,610

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH ROTFLOL! That’s cute. I haven’t done that in years…haven’t been hyped enough (that and I just go to work tired since I work from home…nap during lunch) I suspect I will have to take the day BOTW2 comes out, off.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

HotGoomba

You guys have no idea how many games I have in my backlog. I still haven't unwrapped Metroid Dread or Cruis'n Blast yet, and my Lego Star Wars copy is collecting dust.

All because I'm addicted to my Quest 2 and procrastinating in finishing Ratchet and Clank and Super Mario 3D World.

Haven't even touched my Xbox in months.

Edited on by HotGoomba

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

kkslider5552000

Panzer Dragoon, for some reason, after a minute text prologue with no sound, launches into immediately being the loudest game on Switch. I don't know why this is.

Edit: Why is the Saturn music the default? Are they ashamed of the new music? What is this?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

Ralizah

Good lord the new Cuphead bosses are brutal. Really love the sheer attention to detail in those character animations and cutscenes, though. And Ms. Chalice is a great addition to the roster. Gonna have to run through the game as her again.

Not sure how I feel about them ditching the run n gun segments yet.

Amusing how this and Sunbreak both launched on the same day, and both are DLC expansions designed to challenge people who have already played the base games.

BTW, I absolutely love the new title screen theme:

Edited on by Ralizah

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

NeonPizza

Played the LIVE-A-LIVE demo earlier today. It sure is pretty, but as expected it just isn't my cup of tea, nor was Fire Emblem Three hopes.

Turn based combat will never win me over, ever. Neither will games that have adopted that Dynasty Warriors-ish hack and slash styled gameplay. I'm sure there's a lot more to it, but eh.

Xenoblades, Fire Emblem & Monster Hunter just aren't for me I guess. I need a StarTropics remaster, new Wave Race, 2D Mario Platformer(that isn't part of that painfully bland and recycled NSMB. series) and 3D donkey Kong stat, to fill that NintenVoid. I wonder if they'll actually squeeze in a new Wave Race or F-zero on switch before Nitnendo moves on to their next successor. Yeah, probably not.

On another note, I finally got the hang of Pikmin 3 Switch's Gyro aiming. The Wii remote feels more natural since you're pointing and there's nearly zero chance of the cross hair having a hic up, but Gyro works well by tilting and rotating the pro controller(or joy-cons in the grip controller shell). It's just a different form of implementation for motion. Still prefer the wii remote for this game, but i might just double dip and get the switch version just because! Would of been nice if they could of somehow got pikmin 3 running in 60fps, but considering the Switch is hardly that much more powerful than the Wii U i guess the 30fps was expected. Howoever, 720p wasn't...Switch could of knocked it up to 900p or possibly even 1080p if the devs didn't rush this release out the gate.

1080p + 60fps for pikmin 3 will be doabale on Super Switch when docked, but Nintendo rarely and i mean rarely ever updates their older games for modern times. This needs to change. They should be preserving their classics while upgrading the frame rate and resolution. The PS5 could probably run Pikmin 3(just one example) at 120fps + 4K considering that game is technically a smidge over 2 generations behind in power including nearly every other Nintendo exclusive. I wish I could play Switch exclusives with higher frame rates and resolutions with the Duel Sense controller on a PS5 I'd be in heaven. again with 120fps + 1440p(and up), but this wont even be feesabile on Nintendo's next console....not even native 4K if it bares the power of a standard PS4. Ninendo games running in 120fps probably wont even exist until another 8 or so years.

Sigh, 120fps is such a game changer. i forced it into Super Mario Oddessy on my LG C1 OLED(Outside of Game mode) the other just day for kicks and seeing it in motion looked amazing. Dipped back to 60fps, and belted out a massive underwhelming sigh. Did the same for Resident Evil remaster & Zero, except i went from 30fps to 120fps and it felt like i was looking through a window into a game world minus the much needed stereoscopic 3D, and 4K/rentina resolution.

If only i could run every modern release in >

120fps - (Plus 120hz BFI, if needed)
Native 4K resololution
Gyro Motion pointer aiming, tilting or shaking when needed, with a gyro sensor bar
Glasses-free Stereoscopic 3D - (without zero compromises being made to the picture)
All on a 77" QD-OLED, flush mounted.

And i've got to say, i'm surprised that the PS5 can't properly run Resident Evil 7, 2 & 3 at 120fps + 1080p without the core visuals getting battered. i thought it would of been smooth sailing considering those 3 titles are technically last generation. Where's a Series X Pro or PS5 Pro when you need one? Holiday 2023 if we're lucky, or early 2024, that's when.

Until then, you'd think mayb devlopers would also give us the option for 90fps + 1080p+...I mean, reducing the frame rate by 30 from 120 may of saved RE2, 3, 7's visuals from taking a hit.

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

JaxonH

Zombie Army 4 Digital Foundry Analysis

• Full 1080p docked, hardly any dynamic drops
  • Full 720p handheld, hardly any dynamic drops
  • Locked 30fps with nary a frame drop in sight, near flawless frame pacing
  • One of the most impressive Switch ports of all time

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Fizza

I finally got around to watching that Mario+Rabbids Showcase that was on a few days ago since it came out whilst I was away on my trip. To summarise my thoughts: the gameplay, graphics and music looks great, the original characters are something I'm still not entirely sold on and the performance is very concerning.

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
I will be on Splatoon brainrot for the next month, apologies in advance
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Ralizah

@JaxonH I hope these titles have found an audience on the platform. It's nice to see a developer put so much work into their Switch ports.

@Fizza Yeah, the game was definitely chugging in places. I hope they use these last few months before launch to sort out the questionable framerate during gameplay.

Edited on by Ralizah

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Rebellion's Switch games have, unfortunately, not done as well as I'd have liked.

They're extremely good games, but because the genre has not been prevalent on Nintendo platforms, it falls out of most Nintendo fans comfort zone of what they know, thus they pay it no attention whatsoever. Switch gamers are not nearly as adventurous with games and typically don't expand out into new experiences. Obvious there are exceptions but as a general rule, Switch fans stick with what they know.

But ya, Zombie Army 4 is one of the funnest co-op games. I played local wireless with my brother and it was top notch quality fun. Just as fun in single player, though I prefer Sniper Elite 4 if playing solo, and Zombie Army 4 if playing co-op.

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

NeonPizza

@JaxonH
Series X can run Zombie Army 4 at 120fps unless I'm mistaken, plus using that Nexus Controller's Gyro aiming should make it the overall best way to experience the game when docked. I'm itching to try the nexus. Gyro aiming seriously needs to be standard for any game that requires you to aim a cross hair. It's pretty bogus, here we are in 2022 and analog stick aiming is still dominant.

Oh, and I never got back to one of your older replies in regards to Resident Evil Revelations Gyro aiming.
I tried it in handheld, also docked with the detached joy-cons and then with the joy-cons attached to that controller grip. Gyro works good in hand held mode, and actually pretty decent with the Joy-Con Grip controller, but fairs worse with a detached joy-con.

Capcom didn't give us any options to increase the gyro aiming speed...As is, it's just a little on the slow side which can make things a little frustrating when you're getting swarmed by enemies. Quake is probably one of the greatest showcases for gyro aiming and offers some solid customization. Not a big fan of the game itself, but there's no denying how fantastic it's gyro aiming is.

Edited on by NeonPizza

kkslider5552000

Man, I'm on my 2nd pair of joycons and the right one has been obnoxious for a while now. Like it will work not problem for a while and then suddenly the button inputs will be...delayed sometimes, if they happen at all. It's not enough to ruin the experience, but enough that its a still a real issue here.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

HotGoomba

Hey guys, I might've mention this already, but my pro controller is dead. Like dead dead. No matter if I charge, play with it wired, leave it plugged in, nothing, it just doesn't work.

Do any of you also have this issue, and should I just send it to Nintendo?

Oh, and to cringe you further, it's the limited edition Smash Bros controller. Great.

Edited on by HotGoomba

Don't click on it.

NeonPizza

@HotGoomba
Loved the demo for Dread, but regret getting Cruisn’ Blast. seemed right up my alley considering how bat sh*t crazy, arcadey and imaginative it looked….but, the physics, weird slow down, rubber band AI, crappy controls and annoying SFX killed it for me. Felt cheap and lacked substance.

Edited on by NeonPizza

Fizza

@HotGoomba I feel like I just got Down-Throwed by Luigi reading that, oof.

I'd say sending it in either to be fixed or to get a potential replacement would be the right call, the question then becomes whether or not they would apply the same measures they do for Joy-Con repairs in regards to Pro Controllers since the only times I've seen sending in a controller to be fixed would be with Joy-Cons. Maybe research into it? Absolutely check if you still have the warranty, probably before anything else. The fixing service isn't available over here in Ireland so I always just grab a new pair of controllers when the old ones start acting up. My first pair of Joy-Cons started to drift so I then got a new green and pink pair..... which then started to have shoulder button issues on the right controller after about 2 and a half years. Third time's the charm, eh? Mind you, it was in messing about in the Switch button mapping due to those issues that I found my preferred way to play WinBack (ZR to aim and shoot instead of R) so that's pretty good at least (I do love me some WinBack, the most underrated game on any NSO service in my opinion).

Edited on by Fizza

JaxonH

Diofield Chronicle looking really good. Over an hour of gameplay streamed, and I gotta say, it looks even better than I anticipated.

Between this, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, Triangle Strategy and Harvestella, it feels like a golden era for Square Enix RPGs on handheld.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

StarPoint

@HotGoomba Yeah you may want to contact Nintendo Support. Might cost you a bit to repair it but they might be able to help at least.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Splatoon 3
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (PC)

HotGoomba

@Fizza I think that my warranty expired by now, as I got the controller in 2019. And my pro controller doesn't fall under the Joy Con drift free fix, so it will cost money, but it'll probably be worth it compared to just buying a new controller. Worst case scenario, I lose a limited edition controller but get a replacement and have to pay like $30 USD. But like @StarPoint said, it's probably at my best interest to send it in for repair. Will probably do it after the Fourth of July, but at least I have a good few other controllers.

(Will probably buy a new controller anyways since my PowerA GameCube one now has a crazy drifting C Stick, but that's third party and it's my fault for getting PowerA anyways. At least I have an excuse to get another 8bitdo controller maybe.)

Don't click on it.

Fizza

@JaxonH That's one hell of a thumbnail.

Kermit1

@HotGoomba are you eating a minion!

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

known to be quirky on occasion

HotGoomba

@Kermit1 I think it's better if I don't explain the image, so have fun theorizing.

Don't click on it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic