Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,121 to 58,140 of 69,981

JaxonH

I like DxM. It's good. It has Gyro aiming which is a huge part of that. Without Gyro I'd probably not think as highly of it. But flying around and shooting enemies with such fluid aiming is addictive and fun.

4 days to WarioWare, btw. If you haven't played the demo, I encourage you to download it quick and give it a go. As someone who wrote the series off for years as shovelware, it was quite the shock to learn WarioWare has just as much core gamer appeal as it does casual.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Indecisiveguy

Yooo, any recommendations on what switch remote to go for? Only want a remote for 2 player a lot to choose from on Amazon, any recommendations?

Dood

Snatcher

@HotGoomba I liked the demo, so I'm probably going to give it a shot, Hopefully I wont be to busy 100% colors.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

@Indecisiveguy The Switch Pro Controller is really good, the buttons feel great to press and it's comfortable to hold, but it's pretty expensive. I know there's third party alternatives that are like $50, I haven't spent too much time with those but from what I recall they do the job. I have an 8BitDo controller which is quite good, the one I have has an original Game Boy design and is shaped like an SNES controller. I know they have newer controllers that have those comfort grips, they have all sorts of variants based on a plethora of retro consoles like the SNES. So I'd say either get a Pro Controller or one of 8BitDo's controllers.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

TheFrenchiestFry

Shin Megami Tensei V Nahobino Trailer. Gives some more sense of the relationship between Aogami and protag

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

HotGoomba

@Giancarlothomaz I bet it's not a bad review, but I'm honestly done with watching GameXplain videos now.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

TheFrenchiestFry

GameXplain for me effectively ended when Jon, Derrick and Ash left since even before Jon came aboard, I was way more interested in the discussion vids featuring Derrick and Ash than I was the ones featuring Andre and his guests. I can't stand Andre Segers, and I'm glad those other three continued with their own channel instead where they can be more off the cuff and not as PG-centric as before

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

JaxonH

I need that WarioWare and Cruis'n Blast.

I was so happy to read Cruis'n Blast is full 1080p 60fps docked, 720p 60fps handheld. It's not the most detailed, but the res and framerate are top notch.

Warioware looked so good on my OLED you could have told me it was running on PS5 and I'd have believed it. The game is so crisp and colorful. Love to see Switch games like that. Games where it doesn't feel like its a compromised experience. Warioware is exactly the kind of game Switch does best.

@Kid_Buu
Aside from the 2 pro controllers I bought at launch, each of which misregistered dpad inputs (which I exchanged through Nintendo and got replacements that worked fine) all my other pro controllers I've bought since have been good. Xeboblade controller, Smash controller, 2 MH Rise controllers... all ok.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HotGoomba

HotGoomba wrote:

Magician wrote:

Evidently, the developer responsible for the Switch port of WWE 2K18 handled the Switch port of Sonic Colors Ultimate. Take from that what you will.

I'd say that that would be a bad sign, if the game wasn't already released and the game apparently runs fine besides a few smaller glitches and a few that turned out to be from an emulator.

Oh boy how poorly this aged, today's NLife article has proved to me that these developers really need a huge adjustment.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

kkslider5552000

Has any video game series ever had such an exhausting history as Sonic? Like I'm so tired of this. I'm just tired.

The reality of this release is almost a non-issue, its the fact that everyone so easily believes that a Sonic release is a disaster, somehow. Because Sega can't do anything right, and will fail to consistently put out a high quality product with this IP, forever. I mean, even the year they put out Colors, a game everyone liked, they put out that Kinect disaster.

And when you consider how well Sega has done outside of Sonic, it is mind boggling the sheer lack of quality control. Just delay the port, you ***holes!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheFrenchiestFry

@kkslider5552000 and Sonic 4 Episode 1

It was positively received at the time but it's been lynched to high heaven in retrospect for its complete disregard of physics based platforming and its obsessive rehashing of old level concepts and designs

TheFrenchiestFry

kkslider5552000

Sonic 4 episode 1 is a game I liked a lot at launch. I even got near the top of the leaderboards on Wiiware for a bit! But I've chosen to maybe never play it again, because I don't want to be disappointed by it in hindsight. (and I didn't like what I played of episode 2 anyway)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

@kkslider5552000 Halo, the whole "Bungie good, 343i bad" narrative is obnoxious. Most of the issues that cropped up with 343i's Halo games are a result of Microsoft forcing a release when not ready.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

A Lego Mario set based on SM64 when you can't even buy it on Switch anymore (delisted 5 months ago) doesn't sound like a good idea.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Ahh so that’s the Nintendo September Direct Joking, though it’s Nintendo so maybe not.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

BruceCM

Hmm, it's a cool looking block, actually ... Won't bother myself but I bet it'll sell well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic