Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,041 to 58,060 of 69,981

Ralizah

lol Bravely Default 2 has been on top of the Amazon charts since the price cut.

Not surprised: it's a great price point for the game. Especially on a system where a lot of Nintendo-published games rarely get big price cuts.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
It released at a crowded time, too.

We had Super Mario 3D World, Persona 5 Strikers and Monster Hunter Rise all within a month of Bravely Default 2. With a pretty steady onslaught ever since.

I see Persona 5 Strikers is also doing very well with a price cut. I imagine Neo: TWEWY will too with an eventually price drop.

I was worried it hadn’t sold well, but apparently it’s around 1 million. Which is pretty good considering it hadn’t yet been sharply discounted. MH Rise is around 7.3 million now. That one should easily reach 8 or even 8.5 by the end of the generation after discounts. Switch software all around seems to be doing exceptionally well.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH Dang, 1 mil for NEO:TWEWY? That's more than 3 times the total sales of the original DS game. It's also probably more than all the versions combined, but we don't have sales numbers for most of those versions.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
??

No, 1 mil for Bravely Default 2. I have no idea where Neo TWEWY is at. I just said I think it'll do extremely well after a price cut

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Um, hasn't Neo TWEWY only been out like a month .....? I'm sure I saw something about it being top of the Japanese sales charts for it's launch week, at least!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

Impressions of Tormented Souls on PS5 seem to be pretty good. Looking forward to the eventual Switch port. Glad at least one indie developer gets the appeal of classic RE/Silent Hill.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

Apparently Suda wants to work with Marvel on a Deadpool game

PLEASE make this happen Marvel. This is too perfect of a pairing like Insomniac was with Spider-Man.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

JaxonH

I need some Monkey Ball and WarioWare to play on Switch Lite at work. I'm bored.

FragRed

Looks like we are getting physical releases of both Star Wars Jedi Knight games, Pod Racer and Republic Commando

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

gcunit

@FragRed You have my interest...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FragRed

@gcunit Yep, I’m looking to buy these games physically. Have them digitally on PS4 but want the Switch version too and this is perfect for me.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@Wavey84 The difference is Capcom own all the games in those collections so they’re not having to get licenses. Hamster need to go through all the legal problems that come with licensing each and every game they want to sell. Then they have to pay royalties on top which eats into any revenue they get, so individually they have to sell it at higher price.

skywake

Anyone have any thoughts on what GB(C) titles might be coming to NSO? Or are we all scared of the fun police raining down on any rumour/speculation talk on this forum..... or we just don't care about Gameboy titles.....

Assuming this happens, which is probable, I would hope we see the Wario Land games. Purely because it's a pretty much entirely forgotten franchise that started on and has 3 releases on GB(C). Would be pretty happy if they lead with that. For the history I wouldn't mind seeing X, just for the novelty of it. Also Pokemon Pinball & Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble would be nice to see given they leant on rumble/accelerometers.... and purely for my own nostalgia Mario Tennis

And honestly, I wouldn't mind if they didn't roll out Tetris/Link's Awakening given there are other/better options on the Switch alread. And for Pokemon I doubt they'd want to do that given they could probably charge $100 for a piece of hardware that only plays Pokemon Red and people would buy it

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

jump

@skywake The Donkey Kong Land games would be top of my list as I never played them, Donkey Kong on the GameBoy was amazing so that is a must imo and the Zelda Oracle games are also musts too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@skywake I'm torn on whether it'll happen. On the one hand Nintendo's been very clear that their strategy for the Game Boy line (GB/GBC/GBA) on Switch is remakes so missing 1st party games like the Oracle games, Pokemon Gen 2, etc. will probably be remade. On the other hand with every system added to NSO there's the opportunity to release more really obscure 3rd party games so Nintendo may do it for those really obscure 3rd party games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

jump wrote:

@skywake The Donkey Kong Land games would be top of my list as I never played them, Donkey Kong on the GameBoy was amazing so that is a must imo and the Zelda Oracle games are also musts too.

Yeah, I love the Donkey Kong Land games and any opportunity to go back to them I'm into. Although I'm not sure how much of that is the nostalgia talking because they didn't exactly translate that well to the the four shade GB display. When you already have the Donkey Kong Country titles I'm not sure how many people are going to want to go back and revisit this....
Untitled Untitled

But definitely yes on the Oracle games, should be the first ones on the list for sure if it's a thing. Same with Mario Land 1 & 2, lower on the list of novel GB titles for sure but 2 especially is novel enough that it deserves some attention

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

I'm just not that excited for GB/GBC. Probably the least exciting system they could go with, which... is why I know they're going with it lol.

I'll take the Zelda Oracle games, and Mario Land 6 Golden Coins. But there's really not much I care about in terms of GB.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the system back in the day and have a ton of respect for its library. But the games just don't hold up well.

Still, I suppose it's a necessary stepping stone to perhaps getting GBA one day.

Magician

Kind of difficult to be excited about the prospect of GB/GBC being added to NSO. I imagine folks will play that about as much as they do NES or SNES, which would be not often at all. i.e. - I've got the "free" GBA games on my 3DS from the Ambassador program, and I can't remember the last time I fired up my 3DS to play any of those.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic