Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,021 to 58,040 of 69,964

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 FighterZ was there this year I'm pretty sure. It was as a side tournament game but it was there

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

JaxonH

Arlo really seems to like No More Heroes 3 despite apparently having no interest beforehand. That sold me on buying the digital version this morning.

Also, the Akuma crossover content is now live in Monster Hunter Rise.

I'm gonna see if I can't get the layered armor while at work today, but I may not have time. Gotta research quaternions for coordinate system rotations without using Euler Angles or 3x3 rotation matrix multiplication. Apparently they're 4 dimensional numbers with 3 imaginary components. This should be fun.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

@JaxonH Surprising to see that Arlo likes it. I know he got way into stuff like DOOM but I just thought Suda51 was way too out there stylistically and narratively to suit his tastes. Didn't expect him to dig a protagonist like Travis Touchdown since he seemed to value way more in-depth narratives in his games typically

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

JaxonH

@TheFrenchiestFry
Ya, I tend to like the same games he likes, he just doesn't branch out into as many games as I do. But like he said in his review video, sometimes you just gotta jump in and try a game out, even if you initially think it's not for you.

Which I totally agree with. So many games I initially wrote off or had no interest in, but after playing by some circumstance or another, ended up loving. And yet others I was so sure I'd like, I ended up not gelling with.

This is why I try to play as many games as possible. You never really know which games are the ones you're gonna hit it off with.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Has anybody spun up kings bounty II yet? I want it but not sure if I wanna buy it full price or not.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

I advise not watching that trailer.

I'm not a big spoiler guy. Usually I don't give a crap one way or another. But there's so much killer stuff shown in that trailer, I'd say if you're already sold on the game, just hold off.

If you're not sold on the game though, you probably will be after watching.

chapuH

@JaxonH I was sold and yet I watched the trailer. But I don't really mind, I like knowing the plot, the moveset, etc of games to prepare.

Hope you're having a good day.

Ryu_Niiyama

Newegg is running a 10% off promo for $35 eshop cards. Code: EMC2AZ82723

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Grumblevolcano

Oh no, it came to mind that as Sonic Colours Ultimate physical is delayed in Europe that Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania physical will probably also be delayed.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Ah, thanks. They were running that deal a week or two ago, but I'll take 3 more.

I always make sure to grab 3 of them every time they do. The money's gonna be spent eventually anyways. It's as good as cash to me. And a guaranteed 10% off. Stock up while you can!

@Grumblevolcano
Sounds a bit paranoid, no? The two games don't really have anything to do with each other.

Anti-Matter

But there are quite a lot Sonic Colours Wii version from Ebay or Amazon that you can always consider them.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

I actually just canceled my sonic colors pre-order since I grabbed bravely default 2. I won't even have time for anything else until dread anyway.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Too many games, not enough time, that's for sure.

I can't express how glad I am seeing Metroid Dread still in the Amazon Top 100 Best Sellers list, where it's remained ever since it was announced. And I'm happy to hear so many ppl are interested.

But I will be doing my best to advocate for three other games in the meantime which many will overlook in the onslaught. The first is WarioWare: Get It Together. The demo is crazy good for single player, and it's got a smashing 2 player mode- everyone should download the demo and give it a go. The second is Cruis'n Blast. This arcade exclusive Nintendo IP has been a long time coming. And for all we know, may be the last true Cruis'n game we ever see from the original creator. The third is, of course, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania. This collection is legendary. The top 3 games of the series which is an insane amount of content, with optional jumping and optional Gyro. All the classic mini games are included as well, which are some of the best fun I've ever had in multi-player. Monkey Bowling, Monkey Golf, Monkey Billiards, Monkey Target... it's all there.

I can't wait for Metroid. But I won't say the wait will be excruciating. Not with those 3 games on deck in the interim. Of course there are others. But games like No More Heroes 3 and Sonic Colors... they have highly dedicated fanbases already.

edit
A game called Dark Diety, a current PC exclusive, is coming to Switch next year. Apparently it reviewed well and looks like old school Fire Emblem

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH no problem. I bought 2 myself but will get one more. Cleaned those out getting games on sale. I’ll wait on reviews on dark diety. Last time i splashed out on a FE clone sight unseen, buyer’s remorse moved in.

I’m holding off on King’s bounty 2 for that reason.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH They're both SEGA products so it may be that what's causing the Sonic Colours Ultimate delay in Europe also affects Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic