Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 57,921 to 57,940 of 69,981

JaxonH

@CactusMan
Lol not sure what you mean by that.

What's wrong with their Steam Deck video?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

@CactusMan @JaxonH

I'm with Jax. I'm not sure what about the DF video upsets you, Cactus? The Steam Deck is a low powered PC gaming platform. It shares the same problem the Switch is experiencing right now, compatibility and performance with newer games will be a concern a couple or few years after launch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

It doesn't make sense why Nintendo's promoting games not playable on the Switch so much (Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid II and Metroid Fusion) but on the other hand the GB/GBC/GBA remakes on Switch (e.g. Link's Awakening, Advance Wars 1+2) probably wouldn't have happened if GB/GBC/GBA was coming to NSO.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
They're not promoting games, they're sharing history for those who may not be in the know. They're releasing Metroid 5, and to promote that game they're referencing Metroid 1-4 to fill people in on the franchise history. Nothing more.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano Just because they're not on Switch doesn't mean they just exclude them from being mentioned

Dread is a canon sequel to all the 2D Metroids. Of course they were going to mention the games that came before it. Not everything has to be some sort of corporate level cross-promotion with games that have to be on their current platform

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

JaxonH

That WarioWare demo is fantastic.

I was already excited, admittedly, after recently discovering WarioWare Gold not long back. I was originally under the assumption it was shovelware and never gave the series a second glance. But after playing WarioWare Gold on 3DS, I realized it was anything but. Smooth Moves on Wii was even better.

So I was already excited. BUT. I had my doubts about controlling characters and whether it would be able to offer the same level of variety and engagement.

Turns out, not only is it every bit as fun as previous entries, it may even be better. Controlling different characters brings a lot more variety to the gameplay. You can play the same mini game a dozen times and get a different experience each time. And the large cast of characters, with each mini game mixing up which one you play as and having to remember how each of them controls, makes it that much more challenging and interesting.

This game is even better than I’d hoped.

Anti-Matter

@Giancarlothomaz
I was wondering which region in real world Pokemon developer will pick.
5 = New York
6 = France
7 = Hawaii
8 = UK
9 = ???
I hope they will choose Indonesia as Gen 9 inspiration since Japanese peoples loves to visit Bali.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Kirby_EU
Interesting.
Even just a rumour, what interesting or iconic things from California ?
Disneyland ?
California beach ?

Anti-Matter

rallydefault

@Anti-Matter
California is a massive state: it covers all sorts of biomes as you go north to south. You can ski and then visit Death Valley.

It's the center of our entertainment industry (Hollywood/LA) and tech industry (Silicon Valley). It has some of the most unique cities in the country (San Fran) and best surf beaches. Yosemite, San Diego Zoo, Disneyland, Alcatraz... just tons and tons of world-famous landmarks.

It's incredibly varied and an excellent place to base a Pokemon game. And I'm an East Coast guy admitting these things lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

TheFrenchiestFry

Canada.

Make a Pokemon game set in Alberta or Toronto you cowards

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Haruki_NLI

@TheFrenchiestFry Set one in Quebec so every single sign, item description, menu etc. has to have both English and French, doubling the textfile size of the game and making everything unbearably slow for authenticity.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

Playing WarioWare with my brother was a blast. It’s amazing how well the game is suited to 2p. So glad that demo dropped. I’m ready for the full game. Might have to play some WarioWare Gold in the meantime.

Looks like No More Heroes 3 and Baldo is this Friday. Sonic Colors the Friday after, Bloodrayne and WarioWare the Thursday and Friday after that, with Cruis’n Blast, Eastward and Ni No Kuni 2 the following Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Then we have Diablo II and DBZ Kakarot the Thursday and Friday after that, and Darksiders 3 and Monkey Ball the following Thursday and Friday. And Metroid Dread the Friday after that.

That’s a pretty steady diet of quality games on the way. Once Metroid Dread is out, it’s like 3 weeks to Fatal Frame and Mario Party, then a week to Shin Megami Tensei V, then 2 weeks to the Pokémon remakes, then 2 weeks to Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp and Danganronpa Decadence. And, then it’s the Christmas and New Years lull until Pokémon Arceus drops.

Skyward Sword sounds really good with 5.1 surround btw. Turns out, a fair number of Switch games output PCM 5.1 surround. More than I thought. May not be as good as Dolby Atmos, but currently only Xbox offers that for games, if you pay an extra $15 for Dolby access, and it’s incredibly buggy with sound cut outs.

Edited on by JaxonH

Heavyarms55

So I hopped on the eshop today to see if there were any interesting sales (Grabbed My Time at Portia for 75% off!)

But what is weird is that I had the eshop crash on me, twice, in less than 10 minutes. Anyone else having any issues lately?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

JaxonH

Working fine for me. Just checked again in case. No issues.

I’d reboot the system. Could also be a Wifi connection issue, or if a game is suspended, perhaps that particular game causes connection issues outside of the game. Who knows.

GrailUK

Apparently, the next Super Monkey Ball guest star will be revealed at Gamescom opening night. Now I have to watch it. (Hope it's Amigo.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

Going back to my original strategy of digital deluxe Xbox + physical Switch for Sonic Colours Ultimate because digital deluxe is 4 days early but I also want physical.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Slinkoy1

@GrailUK the character is just gonna be the taxi from crazy taxi, no ball, just a taxi.

Hi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic