Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 57,941 to 57,960 of 69,962

GrailUK

@Slinkoy1 I'm ok with that,. An outrun car or tomcat jet would be ace too.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ralizah

Just finished the original Shin Megami Tensei.

Now I just need to go back and beat Nocturne HD, and by the time I'm fully done with that, the main attraction, SMT V, will be out.

That'll be on top of Persona 5 Royal and, eventually, Strikers.

Also playing Persona 4 with my nephew on the PS2.

I'm just wallowing in Atlus stuff this year. It's great.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah Nothing like playing the quirky rural town murder mystery game where people get hung on telephone wires with the whole family lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

DarkRula

I... apparently can't get enough of Kairosoft games. Last month I'd bought Shiny Ski Resort, and loved managing a ski resort so much I used the second file to give the second map a spin (which the Switch really doesn't like running when you get to late game, I'll say that). Now, I've gone and bought Dream House Days DX, and am doing just fine in managing a housing complex. They're just so easy to pick up and play when you want a bit of business management gameplay.

I'll also say that you should not discount Rush Rally Origins. Such a great top-down racer. I'm enjoying it greatly, along with plays of Rush Rally 3.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

JaxonH

Oh my… I can’t believe it.

No More Heroes 3 is actually looking really good! I had all but written it off. I didn’t even preorder the digital version, and I preorder the digital version of practically everything.

Just watched two full gameplay previews, and I’m still in shock. Framerate is no longer broken, resolution is no longer from the Wii-era. It may not win any tech awards, but I dare say this game is in a playable state. And it looks waaaaay more fun than the first two. I’m gonna have to go preorder now.

@Ralizah
The original? Like, the original original?

Gosh dang. You’re more hardcore than I thought.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

I found some upcoming Japanese Nintendo Switch games from playasia.
Untitled
BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! for Nintendo Switch

Untitled
Fight of Animals: Arena (English)

Untitled
Megaton Musashi

Untitled
Model Debut2 #Nicola (My favorite choice 😍)

Untitled
Power-Pro-Kun Pocket R

Untitled
Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 4th Heart
Tokimeki game on Nintendo Switch but still NO Dance Dance Revolution for Nintendo Switch ? 😒
Really, Konami ??

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@JaxonH Not quite the original version of the original, although I've also played that one. A fan-translation for the SNES version has been floating around the internet for years, but somebody recently back-ported the official English translation from the (now defunct) iOS version of the game (which is the only version to ever officially release in English, as far as I'm aware) into the Japanese GBA release of the game, and it's great. The GBA version updates the dungeon tile sets, overworld visuals, and UI just enough that it doesn't feel positively ancient. The SNES version is a classic, but the presentation is terrible, frankly.

Despite running into a rather annoying bug that locked me out of the best endgame equipment, I somehow managed to stick to my neutral alignment run of the game. Which, I believe, is the ending that leads into Shin Megami Tensei II.

@TheFrenchiestFry lol

I also got him into Apocalypse. He lost interest quickly in Nocturne and IV, but the colorful cast and multiple difficulty options of IV:A probably felt like a more natural transition point from Persona 5 Royal.

While Persona 4 does a better job of balancing the gameplay and talky bits than Persona 5 does overall, that opening stretch of the game is brutal, though.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

dmcc0

@Anti-Matter I love that cover of Fight of Animals: Arena. The dog(?) hitting... whatever that's supposed to be ... with the 'bone' baseball bat is hilarious.

Just watched a trailer and its what I imagine a game would look like if you made Smash Bros with your anthropomorphic animal kickboxers Looks like a fun game.

dmcc0

Anti-Matter

@dmcc0
Actually Fight of Animals felt more like Street Fighter than Smash Bros.
It has Super Moves meter at the bottom, exactly like Street Fighter style.
I wish the animals are anthro Boxer / Kickboxer in Chibi form and cartoonish looking.

Anti-Matter

dmcc0

@Anti-Matter I haven't checked out the original, but the trailer for Arena definitely looks more like Smash where levels have platforms etc rather than just a straight fighter.

dmcc0

Magician

(saving money, game by game)

Unfortunately it sounds as though King's Bounty II is a challenging game from the get go. That combined with a lack of tutorials and a mixed bag performance wise on Switch convinced me to cancel my preorder for that. Then we have Hoa. Which is a gorgeous platformer, but pretty basic in its gameplay. I cancelled my preorder for that as well.

With so many physical releases exclusive to Japan and/or Southeast Asia over the next few months I had to make some choices, budget wise.

@JaxonH

I think I remember you mentioning that you had bought a SEA copy of Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV and that it had a 1GB patch. Was that patch for the expansion DLC or something more substantial?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Magician
I honestly can't recall. I don't pay too much attention to stuff like that. I don't think it was anything more substantial though. If it was 1GB it was probably bug fixes and/or DLC.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

Just finished Crash 4. Loved it. Definitely lives up to the Crash zaniness and challenge. Genuinely hard levels near the end; kind of proud of myself, to be honest lol

Can't imagine getting 100% in it, though. Holy cow. Maybe for like the first half of the game, but I'd probably break my controller with some of the later levels and trying to get absolutely everything.

Toys for Bob did another excellent port job. The graphics are a bit checkboarded/fuzzy, but I never really felt like I was missing things due to it.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Slinkoy1

So smash ultimate is randomly in maintenance right now, there wasn’t even a notification in game that there was an update, and that you needed to transfer your replays beforehand. And the only other time there wasn’t something saying to transfer your replays we got small battlefield, so maybe we’ll end up getting a new stage tonight?

Hi

JaxonH

Ok, right on. That's a good addition.

sixrings

Is there any hints or news about a possible Mario and sonic at the winter games announcement.

I’m hoping annually we get a Mario sports game. So in 2019 we got tennis. 2020 Mario and sonic at summer games. 2021 Mario golf. 2022 Mario and sonic at winter games. 2023 Mario strikers.

One can dream?!

sixrings

Grumblevolcano

@sixrings Ubisoft got the license for the 2018 Winter Olympics which was used in Steep so I'd guess the 2022 Winter Olympics license goes to Ubisoft again but this time for Riders Republic.

Also you've gotten the years a bit mixed up:

• 2018 - Mario Tennis Aces
  • 2019 - Mario & Sonic 2020
  • 2020 - Nothing
  • 2021 - Mario Golf Super Rush

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic