Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 56,961 to 56,980 of 69,980

link3710

Fitness Boxing 2 just got new DLC, which I think is the first 1st party announcement post E3... Not that that says much considering what game it is lol.

link3710

jedgamesguy

What’s next, an update for Spider-Man: Miles Morales, or a Ghost of Tsushima fix?

Oh wait…

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Can’t imagine they won’t. Software sales on Switch are often matching, even exceeding that of PS, which has been the gold standard for devs for years. They can be grumpy and reluctant all they want, but as soon as they get a taste of that Switch success, it’s only a matter of time.

2022 is gonna be crackin. Especially because the revision will almost certainly be out by then as well. But to be perfectly honest, I’m overwhelmed by the remainder of this year. Haven’t even begun to think about next year. Heck, even just this month of July is nuts. So many good RPGs on the way though. Ys IX, MH Stories 2, Neo TWEWY, Ni No Kuni 2, SMTV… I still need to get back to Bravely Default 2 and Persona 5 Strikers! At this point, I’m starting to count down the years to my retirement so I can finally catch up on all these games. Only, let’s see… 30 more to go

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Is it just me or is July a really busy month for releases? I feel like I have like six games on my radar this month. (Not buying all of them mind you but still.)

Edit: yeah I am not nuts, there is a lot on the way and I think I missed a few games. I’m buying what is bolded day 1. Out of the list though I will be getting 7 games by BF.

The Silver Case - July 6
The 25th Ward: The Silver Case - July 6
Ys 9: Monstrum Nox - July 6
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - July 9
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD - July 16
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Amiibo/joycons - July 16
Akiba's Trip: Hellbound & Debriefed - July 20
Cotton Reboot! - July 20
Cris Tales - July 20
Last Stop - July 22
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - July 27
Neo: The World Ends With You - July 27
Samurai Warriors 5 - July 27
Fuga: Melodies of Steel - July 29

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

sixrings

The fact that this site had all day to announce the release of Raiden and failed to do so makes me lose faith in humanity.

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

link3710

Woah... Two notable game updates from Nintendo in one day? How bizarre.

link3710

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
July is nuts. I’m grabbing the following:

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (+ collector edition)
Monster Hunter Stories 2 (+ collector edition + amiibos)
Zelda Skyward Sword (+ Joycon + amiibo)
Neo: The World Ends With You
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
Samurai Warriors 5

And trying to balance that with Mario Golf, Tony Hawk and my Metroid extravaganza leading up to Dread.

That Neo: The World Ends With You demo is great. Ppl need to check that out.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

@Slowdrive

No love for Cotton Rock N Roll coming later this year as well?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah it's insane. I'm getting NEO:TWEWY and Great Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter Stories 2 and Skyward Sword will just have to be skips for me. I'd say I'd but them later but... Look at this year's schedule. Next year is already sounding like it'll be just as crazy too.

link3710

rallydefault

Just Skyward Sword for me in July in terms of new games, but I do want to catch up on some of the Mana games released for the switch and/or DQ XI.

rallydefault

Magician

@Ryu_Niiyama @rallydefault @link3710 @JaxonH

My July planned pickups...

SEA = Southeast Asia exclusive physical, JPN = Japan exclusive physical

Everything after Ys IX is standard from AmazonNA, but...

Quest of Dungeons (SEA release), Legend of Mana (SEA release), Aria Chronicle (JPN release), The Silver Case 2425 (NIS store LE), Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (NIS store LE), Blue Fire, Destroy All Humans, Akiba's Trip, Cris Tales, Monster Hunter Stories 2, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, Neo: TWEWY, and Samurai Warriors 5.

I would've liked to order the Cris Tales LE exclusive to the Maximum Games store, but the $60 upcharge they're asking is ridiculous.
https://store.maximumgames.com/products/cris-tales-collectors...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

Yup. They nailed it.

Can finally enjoy this game in peace.

And Capcom just held their Monster Hunter Stories 2 Event. We've got at least a dozen free monsties being added, and a new launch trailer. Molten Tigrex is being added! And the fated four, but their deviant forms!

Untitled

This trailer is hype. So ready for this game to release next Friday!

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

Monster Hunter Stories 2 $49.99 at Walmart

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Monster-Hunter-Stories-2-Wings-of-...

The fact it's OOS at Amazon is a good sign.

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-Stories-Wings-Nintendo-...

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
Look back, one post ago, and tell me what you see...

Always good to check the forum first to make sure you're not just re-posting things that have already been shared.

JaxonH

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

check out how the amazing music of Monster Hunter Rise is made

The music is incredible. If they don't at least nominate this game for Sountrack of the Year, we're dealing with blatant corruption or willfull ignorance.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH @Magician great lists everyone. I may work on some of my asian physical releases wishlist since shipping is free on play asia this month, but if I do I’m pretty much on lock down financially until BF.

As a gamer this is a good problem to have. But there goes my whole “spend less money on games” resolution. Lol.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

So, I’m browsing the best selling GameCube, Wii and 3DS games, seeing which ones already have entries released on Switch, trying to get a feel for the next few highest selling games in the list that haven’t yet seen a new entry on Switch. But they’re all pretty much covered.

Unless Nintendo goes back to Wii casual games, which I doubt. So Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Nintendogs, etc are all off the table (though I would LOVE a Switch Sports, I really would). What does that leave, then?

Basically Mario Strikers, Metroid Prime (which, we have MP4 on the way, but I still think this leaves room for the trilogy), Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Wario Land, Rhythm Heaven and F-Zero. And if we consider IP that are likely to get a second entry, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Xenoblade Chronicles and another Mario is almost certainly in the cards.

But which of these will we see? I doubt F-Zero. And Kid Icarus is unlikely too. Even Star Fox is a long shot, given the performance of Zero. Wario Land, that one I’m unsure about. Mario Strikers, on the other hand, is almost certainly a lock. A new DK is already rumored from the leak, Pikmin 4 was confirmed like 27 years ago, Rhythm Heaven is likely in the tail end of the generation, a new project from Monolith Soft has been underway for years, and Fire Emblem, Kirby and Mario are a given.

This gives us an idea for what to expect to be announced for 2022. Even if they don’t necessarily release in 2022, we can at least expect an announcement for several of these IP. The question is, will we see a wildcard, and if so, what? A new 2D Metroid wasn’t expected (it was rumored, but before the leak nobody actually thought it would happen). Advance Wars was definitely not expected. What curveballs will 2022 bring?

It’s feasible we see all the above before the generation is over (eh hem, excluding F-Zero, Star Fox and Kid Icarus- those are truly improbable, as unfortunate as that may be). Either Nintendo is going to have to dig deep to fill the lineup for another 4 years, or, they’re going to have to start giving more IP two entries per generations, doing more spin-offs, doing more new IP, doing more remasters and remakes, or a combination of all the above.

@Link-Hero
I was always going to buy it, simply because I’ve never played more than the first few hours, and an HD version that’s also handheld is the way to go if I’m gonna play. But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hoping for such improvements. I’m glad they addressed a lot of the minutia.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic