Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 51,081 to 51,100 of 70,001

Octane

@Ralizah Is it fixed in the new Joy-Con? Like, if I bought a brand new set at this point?

Otherwise I'll need to find myself a triwing screw driver...

Octane

porto

@Northwind That's what happened to my Lite. I haven't taken it out of its drawer since I bought it when it was first launched.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Octane No, I think joycons still suffer from this as much as they ever have.

Cleaning it out really is vastly easier. Or you could even send it in to Nintendo. Taking the thing apart sounds like such a pain.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Giancarlothomaz

@Slowdive this not happen to me, since i got my Switch of extended battery for one of my cousins in novembre close to Black Friday last year when he travelled to Usa, since decembre 4th of 2019, i have been playing my Switch for at least 4/6h per day.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Octane

@Ralizah I don't think it's supported over here. So I'd have to send it in as a general repair, which is going to cost quite a bit.

Octane

Giancarlothomaz

@Octane that sad, my Joy-Cons i have since dezembre 4th of 2019 of my extended battery Switch, that one of my cousins have bought to me when he travelled to Usa in novembre close to Black Friday last year, and my cousin Switch have not suffered the dreaded Joy-Con Drift, we pay a lot of money for a console and 6 months /1 year later, the Joy-Cons of your Switch start Drifting, Nintendo need to suffer a lawsuit, to stop giving us defecting products, where is the companie notorious for the resilience of it products?we even have a still working Game Boy that survived the Golf war, Nintendo your hardware quality in this generation is disapointing.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

I don’t follow Smash much, and don’t really care about what characters are added tbh...

Except Monster Hunter.

I hope we get the monster hunter character added into Smash, with the wirebug as an Up B recovery move. They added a female hunter to Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and she was awesome. Only reason I bought the game was to play as her.

I think they will add a Hunter, but I suspect it may be a later addition closer to the release of MH Rise to drum up cross-game excitement.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Giancarlothomaz

@Northwind asking for the Smash Bros comunity to temper they expectation is a really difficult thing to do, everyone or most of the Smash Bros comunity is expecting a big reveal tommorow, like is Crash gonna join Smash Bros Ultimate tommorow, i agree with you, since the Coronavirus pandemic affected everyone and it seen that affected Nintendo the most i can see they delaying most of the Character in the second Fighter Pass until late 2022/early 2023, is very hard to develop a game when you are in home office, specially if you are in Japan, a country that is not acostumed to work in home office, westerners like us is somehow acostumed to work in home office, but not Japan, imagine having to develop a game like Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 remotely, that a big trouble most game developer specially in Japan, have to be acustomed.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH i can see this happening, all or most characters in the Super Smash Bros franchise is not only added in the game to represent they franchise, but to also help promote the franchise or a upcoming game of this franchise, based on that trought, i imagine and expect that Nintendo might add a character for Hyrule Warriors:Age of Calamity to promote the game and a character for the Monster Hunter franchise to promote Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Story 2.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Ralizah

I like Smash. I play it with a friend at least once a week. I probably have hundreds of hours put into it.

But I cannot, for the life of me, understand the buzz every time a new character is announced. It's just a fighting game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

porto

Ralizah wrote:

I like Smash. I play it with a friend at least once a week. I probably have hundreds of hours put into it.

But I cannot, for the life of me, understand the buzz every time a new character is announced. It's just a fighting game.

Same.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Giancarlothomaz

@Ralizah the Super Smash Bros franchise, is not just another fighting game, but a celebration of Nintendo franchises and others franchises, in short, the Super Smash Bros franchise is a way to celebrate gaming.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah Smash is kinda the fighting game (It's a party brawler but I digress) for the masses though, and what I mean by that is it is about dream mix ups rather than about the actual mechanics. That being said we do get in excited in the FGC about new fighters in our home games but since its not something that is a wishlist roster you don't generate the same excitement...except for returning characters (soul calibur VI reveals have been fun for that reason and since they have guest characters there is a little of the dream mixup aspect). Honestly we get more excited for new entries depending on the series you stan for...I'm a VF player so I feel like drew barrymore's character in never been kissed when she goes to the prom with the way SEGA treats VF. So yeah depending on the franchise you like in the FGC you can be excited, interested to see gameplay mechanics...or reacting like you are in an abusive relationship (not to make light of that). The only other series that really captured that was the VS series and that was with the earlier entries really. (Somebody please pay capcom and snk to make a new game please?!)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

@Ralizah Smash is kinda the fighting game (It's a party brawler but I digress) for the masses though, and what I mean by that is it is about dream mix ups rather than about the actual mechanics.

@Ryu_Niiyama

I can't agree with that. Not when Smash is a game selected for EVO year in and year out. That would be like calling Tekken or Street Fighter a series for casual fighting fans. We don't see other platform-fighters like Playstation All-Stars or Brawlhalla at EVO, do we?

http://evo.shoryuken.com/

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

I’d say Nintendo can’t control what a certain, small segment of the fandom does. Smash was never originally designed as a tournament fighter. People just chose to play it as such in spite of that fact. Smash, at its core, is like the Mario kart of fighting games. Of course, it’s about fun mechanics, and that is top priority- fun. It doesn’t have to be super balanced (although they do their best to make it so), it doesn’t have to conform to any preconceived notion of what a fighter is “supposed to be”. It’s a celebratory party game. That doesn’t mean everyone has to play it that way, but at 20 million sold and counting, that’s how most play it.

Anyways, Steve is a worthy addition. I don’t play Minecraft. Never really been interested in Minecraft, and still, even now, have no intentions of playing Minecraft. But it’s the best selling video game in the world at over 200 million sold. That’s... absolutely nuts. Think about Smash Ultimate selling 20 million. That’s almost unheard of... Yet Minecraft has sold 10x that amount. It’s insane. How can you not represent that franchise? If ever there was a worthy pick, Steve would definitely be it. Just out of sheer respect for the impact Minecraft has had on the gaming landscape.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic