Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 51,061 to 51,080 of 69,997

link3710

@Northwind I'd wager they have until January or so of next year to develop it. There's a decent chance it'll be announced at the same time as the new Switch revision.

link3710

Giancarlothomaz

@TheFrenchiestFry yes Switch been a console underpowered compared to PS4 e Xbox One, make it extremely difficult to port or make more demading games, i wonder how Retro Studios is gonna make Metroid Prime 4 on the Switch?Metroid Prime 4 seens to be a very demading game for Switch, why not cancel the Switch version of Metroid Prime 4 and release it istead on the Switch sucessor?

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

We dont know how demanding Metroid Prime 4 will be. I'm sure it'll look stunning, but I dont think it needs newer hardware.

Monster Hunter Rise, Ori Will of the Wisps and even Sniper Elite 4 show how incredible Switch games can look when given proper care in development. Metroid Prime 4 especially, being from Retro Studios, will likely be one of the best looking games on the Switch.

Obviously when you're dealing with portable hardware using mobile chipsets, it's not going to match current desktop PC tech. So ya, some really demanding games just won't be feasible. It's always been that way for handheld gaming devices. But the gap is shrinking with every generation. Never before have we seen so many full console games ported to a handheld system, and retaining the fidelity we see them retain.

When it comes to Metroid Prime 4, built ground up by Retro, it's going to be just fine on the current hardware.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

@Giancarlothomaz How do you know Prime 4 is demanding? We haven't even seen a lick of gameplay or even in engine footage yet.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Magician

Considering the Switch successor is three or four years away, sure...why not give MP4 an extended delay? Make it a launch title for Nintendo's next platform.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Giancarlothomaz

@TheFrenchiestFry i think all the hiring of professional of the higest calibre seen to indicate that Nintendo and Retro Studios want to make a Metroid game that can be considered the Zelda BOTW of the franchise, or Retro Studios will push Switch hardware to it limits to make the best looking game of the console, with it graphics and gameplay in a way that you dont believe Metroid Prime 4 is running on 60fps at 1080p in docked Mode and 720p at 60fps, and you show the graphics and gameplay of the game, and people believe that the game is running on a PS4.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Rexenoboy

Nintendo promised us Metroid Prime 4 on Switch and I believe Nintendo will do everything in their power to deliver on that promise. However, chances are this might be one of those games that releases simultaneously on Switch and its successor, much like Breath of the Wild released simultaneously on Wii U and Switch.

Treasure Acquired

Giancarlothomaz

this is how i imagine the graphics of Metroid Prime 4 is gonna be, but can Switch handle this graphics?, that why i said Metroid Prime 4 can be a very demading game for Switch, if the visuals of Metroid Prime 4 is similar or closer shown in this video.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I imagine Metroid Prime 4 will look like the July Halo Infinite demo. Seeing the gameplay made me think "this looks like a Switch game".

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rexenoboy

Metroid Prime 4 will look like Perfect Dark on Game Boy Color.

Treasure Acquired

MsJubilee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I imagine Metroid Prime 4 will look like the July Halo Infinite demo. Seeing the gameplay made me think "this looks like a Switch game."

No way in hell, the switch can release a game that looks like Halo Infinite. Infinite doesn't look(now) jaw-dropping, but it seems a little bit too much for the Switch.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Giancarlothomaz

if Nintendo add this QOL improvements that this person is sugesting is gonna make Animal Crossing New Horizons the best game of the franchise, i depise having to go everytime on Able Sisters Chaging Room just to buy clothes for me and my Villagers, why Nintendo why Nintendo?vou don't let us buy multiple of a single clothing options in Able Sisters Chaging Room for ourself and our Villagers, i depise having to craft individualy a Manila Clam to turn into a Fish Bait to catch rare Fish like Stringfish/Golden Trout and others, this stupid mechanic forced me to craft 322Fish Bait just to catch rare Fish like Stringfish/Golden Trout, i depised this mechanics so much that i refuse to collect more Manila Clam to turn into a Fish Bait.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

Keep it docked- you’ll never have to worry. For Switch Lites, buy the $20 charge stand. It also works well for an aesthetically pleasing display while not in use.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

Anyone else playing alwas legacy? Cleared the first dungeon and its awesome. Just as good as the first game so far.

NintendoByNature

Kimyonaakuma

@Northwind It's probably just Nintendo trying to cover themselves, you won't need to charge it every six months.

My 3DS and Wii U controllers were used for years, and now they will drain battery when I haven't used them for a year or so. My Wii U Pro Controller was completely drained the last time I checked and I always kept that charged.

I'm guessing the battery life gets damaged if it stays at a low amount for a while - I think the healthy range is between 70-100%? So we can probably leave it uncharged for longer, but in this case Nintendo can say "at least we warned you, so no we won't give you a free repair under any warranty".

Kimyonaakuma

Octane

So it's official. My left Joy-Con is starting to drift. I've noticed it a couple of times in Mario Galaxy. But now it's pretty clear, Mario is walking to the left without me touching the stick.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane All joycons will likely drift at some point.

I fixed mine months ago with some alcohol and a cotton swab, and the drift still hasn't reappeared since.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Kimyonaakuma

@Octane It comes and goes, my Pro Controller has had similar issues. It was drifting to the left every few minutes back when Xenoblade Chronicles came out in May, then it fixed itself somehow over the summer.

...it's returning a little these days. Mario has been running to the left unfortunately.

Hopefully it will pass, but it's an annoying problem.

Kimyonaakuma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic