Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 50,381 to 50,400 of 70,008

Heavyarms55

Just ran through SMB3 in Mario All Stars on Switch. And man it was fun! SMB3 is probably my favorite NES game. It's one of a handful of NES games that I have true nostalgia for cause it was one of the first games I ever played, with my father, when I was, maybe 3? Pretty sure I watched him play it when I was even younger. But darn does the All Stars version look nicer!

Anyway, it just whets my appetite for more retro titles that I personally have nostalgia for on Switch. Yes, I have a lot of ways to play older titles on older hardware. I could even pirate games and play them on my phone if I really wanted to, but I still want those titles on Switch.

Switch is such an ideal platform for me. I can and do regularly switch between TV and handheld mode. I still really want to see more of the stuff I grew up with, come to Switch. I want GBA, N64 and Gamecube games so bad. Mario 3D All Stars is gonna help a bit but that's just Mario. I'd love to see classic Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Advance Wars just to name a handful.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Ralizah

@JaxonH There's not a chance in hell that P5S doesn't make it Westward. Atlus localizes virtually everything, and Persona 5 has taken their sales success and brand awareness to new heights.

Three Houses was also co-developed by K-T.

They're easily Nintendo's most important third-party partner on the Switch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Of course... How could I forget Three Houses- I’m literally playing the game as we speak! And it’s the pinnacle of their efforts, too.

I know P5S will come, I’d just feel more at ease once we get an official announcement, and some kind of release window to look forward to. They’ve had so much success with their crossovers- I wonder if Three Houses will get a new Fire Emblem Warriors game too. Or a Xenoblade Warriors. That would be so rad.

@Heavyarms55
Oh I know exactly how you feel. This is the dream. It’s the perfect platform- we want every game on Switch. New games, old games, classic games... everything. We won’t get everything, but we can get a huge chunk. I’d LOVE to see the GBA Fire Emblems released as a trilogy, with Binding Blade localized into English. And a separate Fire Emblem SNES trilogy, localized into English. Or better yet, a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776, Echoes style. But for that I’d rather see a Fire Emblem: Radiant Collection with Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn remastered in HD, alongside Metroid Prime Trilogy with gyro-right-analog aiming. So many hopes for Switch releases... it’s depressing realizing how few of them will actually come to fruition.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

@JaxonH Honestly I may be in the minority but I was super disappointed by Ultimate Alliance 3

It should've been called Marvel Musou or Marvel Warriors. It didn't need the Ultimate Alliance label because in terms of tone, story and even most of the gameplay I got practically no Ultimate Alliance vibes from it whatsoever.

Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors and especially Persona 5 Scramble were excellent adaptations of their respective series. Just wish Ultimate Alliance was as good because I love the first two titles.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah The day Atlus stops localizing MegaTen games for the West is the day we officially have the first sign of the apocalypse. P5S is absolutely coming soon. Probably between Nocturne HD and SMT V. I'd even predict another Persona PC port like P3FES since P4G did incredibly well.

TheFrenchiestFry

JaxonH

@TheFrenchiestFry
Wanna know a secret? Come over here for a second...

I wasn’t a big fan of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 either

Shhhhh.

Having said that, I didn’t think it was a bad game. Just... more focused on MP, and I’m a single player kinda guy. I concede the game is pretty fun when you have someone to play with. But alone, ya. Just didn’t grab me. Still think it’s a solid addition though, and plenty of people did enjoy it. So I recognize it all the same.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

MUA3 always looked sort of like a mobile game to me. Very basic. Also, I've never been a particularly huge Marvel fan to begin with.

Audience reaction to that game in general has reassured me that I made the right choice by ignoring it.

@TheFrenchiestFry Maybe Sega cracking the whip and commanding more PC ports will convince Atlus to get off their asses and actually release a definitive edition of Persona 3.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

sixrings

I'd love to play MUA3 but at nowhere near the price they want. Maybe 60% off.

sixrings

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah That is the dream isn't it? I personally got over the VN-style presentation of Portable really quickly but I understand that FES is definitely a more suitable option for first time players given how the presentation and production value is just superior, so putting the best features from both versions together would be an amazing deal at the same price as P4G on Steam

Unfortunately, given how barebones the P4G PC port was outside of adding the Japanese audio options in terms of actual in game additions, I don't expect any different from P3 on PC. It'll probably just be FES but with support for higher resolutions and framerates, which might be all some people need, but I'd love to see the additions from Portable with the production value of FES in a single package.

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@JaxonH Yeah imo the game never struck that well of a balance for me. I always remembered MUA for being really good at providing cinematic takes on well established comic story arcs. In fact, MUA2 was the first time I ever got exposed to the Civil War story which the game was heavily inspired by. MUA3 just feels like a post-Hyrule Warriors, pre-Scramble Koei Tecmo fanservice hack n' slash game when MUA was always more reminiscent of Diablo or other top down looter RPGs in terms of gameplay. Its one major positive in my eyes is that it had X-Men characters back at the forefront after MvCI stupidly excluded them to keep the Marvel roster more in line with what was hip and trendy with the MCU crowd.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH All of those are fantastic ideas. I'd buy a GBA FE collection in a freaking heartbeat! My original FE cartridge doesn't hold a save anymore. I don't know why. It's authentic, I confirmed that. But it must have some internal damage or something. SS still works though.

The Switch is, like you said, the ideal platform. When it was first shown off, I was almost more excited for the idea of the VC on Switch than BOTW. After Wii, Wii U and 3DS, this was the platform that I was ready to really go nuts on, and buy every classic title I liked! If they had just brought over what was on Wii U and 3DS to Switch with nothing additional, I'd have dumped 300 dollars immediately! And would have likely kept spending even more.

It seems like I am in the minority though. Most people these days seem perfectly happily to just pirate everything from Wii and earlier. And there's new Chinese piracy boxes like, every 2 weeks! (to their credit, they are getting better - even if they are piracy boxes)

I'd dump hundreds and hundreds of hours reliving all my childhood favorites on Switch!

And like you said, that would be in addition to all the games I already love on the platform. This is already Nintendo's golden age as far as I am concerned. Switch is my all time favorite platform and I want to play everything I reasonably can on it.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Dezzy

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

@NintendoByNature Yeah in terms of volume and quality of the releases I'd personally say 2020 is far better than 2018, but still not as good as last year or 2017.

For me it goes 2017>2019>2020>2018

(or at least it will assuming this new Hyrule Warriors is good. Of course it could end up being terrible!)
Seems unlikely they have another year as good as 2017 though. Although 2021 could end up being both the next 3D Mario and the Breath of the Wild sequel, so who knows.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

A Splatoon spinoff seems like a Nintendo fans dream, but I doubt it’s actually going to happen. I’ve said for years now they should develop a turn based strategy Splatoon title, with different classes being able to pull off different maneuvers such as a sniper spraying a long line of paint that allows double movement in your paint color and traveling up walls to higher elevations...

But that’s about as realistic as expecting a new F-Zero. Any time something makes too much sense, it’s almost a guarantee Nintendo won’t do it. Like gyro in Pikmin 3 (although I would love to be proven wrong on that).

NintendoByNature

What?? I loved MUA3! 😋 It was definitely a highlight for me last year. Not many games where you can play as daredevil, black panther or ghost rider.. I loved the variety of characters and all the universes tied into one story. It did feel hack n slashy at times, but thats not a bad thing.

NintendoByNature

link3710

@TheFrenchiestFry 2021 has potential to be one of Switch's best years. Between stuff that appears to have been delayed into 2021 (Bravely Default II, Doom Eternal, No More Heroes 3 ), old ports/remasters we know about (SMT III), new games confirmed (SMT V, Balan Wonderworld, Ys IX, Inuzuma Eleven, Trails of Cold Steel IV, Skywalker Saga,) and the probable (Bayonetta 3, Silksong, Sports Story, Axiom Verge 2, Crash 4, Persona 5 Scramble and of course BotW 2), I think it might end up being my favorite year of the system.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Haruki_NLI

Third parties are openly being weird

Not porting a seemingly simple remake, canning BFN on all platforms, or simply not being allowed to.

This market fell into a monopoly in 2013 and it stayed that way for too long.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

skywake

skywake wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Origami King is a brand-new game just as much as any other new first-party Nintendo game. BotW. ARMS. [...] What am I missing that makes something a "heavy hitter," as you say, and what makes Origami King not as good as Odyssey?

[long rant justifying this stance]

You know.... I will concede that if Nintendo keeps announcing stuff at such short notice like they have in the last week 2020 could be pretty damn good. Last week we get Super Mario 3D AllStars and Mario Kart Live announced, then last night Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. I suppose we should've expected this in the year of no major events for them to package all announcements in together

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

gcunit

Thank you.

@Ralizah "You can only vote once per day" 😎

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic