Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 50,321 to 50,340 of 50,376

JaxonH

@Dogorilla
Ya I would say there's no reason to play any other version. Even on Dolphin, it just can't compare to the amazing changes in the Definitive Edition. New character assets look so much better too. Really top notch.

This is definitely the version to own.

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade, Trails of Cold Steel 3, Borderlands 2, Burnout Paradise, Bioshock, XCOM 2
PC: Persona 4

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020
NS: Paper Mario Origami King, Bravely Default II
PC: Vampire: Masquerade- Bloodlines 2, Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Dogorilla

@JaxonH Yeah, the characters do look a lot better in the trailers that I've seen. The original game looked great for a Wii game but it would be nice to play it in proper HD with the new improved character models.
Your post has made me a lot more interested in getting the Switch version actually. I'm not really in the mood for an 80-hour RPG right now but when I am, maybe I'll try to get over my hoarding tendencies and sell my Wii copy so I can buy it on Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

Ninfan

theres a game where your character can get into a huge robot and control it to shoot at other players, i saw it on "music to games" on GINX esports tv, does anyone know what its called or if it's on switch?

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Ralizah

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2020/06/30/a-new-crease-...

Solid read on the new Paper Mario. This part particularly stood out to me:

These bosses aren’t just waiting in one location for Mario to find them. Instead, they’re scattered around the world. That creates a striking visual, as players can see the streamers far in the distance, while also giving them a hint as to where their next challenge lies. One of the biggest departures with The Origami King is that the story isn’t chapter-focused as past games have been. Instead, players can travel from region to region seamlessly in an open-world setup.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah good stuff. Can't wait to play it honestly. It looks amazing from everything we've seen so far(especially visually).

NintendoByNature

gcunit

Dogorilla wrote:

The original game looked great for a Wii game but it would be nice to play it in proper HD

Uh-oh. Who's gonna break it to him?

@JaxonH Thanks for elaborating re. XC:DE. I find it interesting that you just play through the story and pretty much ignore the affinity stuff and side quests, but enjoy the game so much. That's how I played the Wii version and didn't get much enjoyment out of it. I noticed quite a few affinity conversation points but nearly every single one of them was unavailable to me for some reason.

Now I'm somewhere around Chapter 14-15 I think (haven't played it in a while) and surrounded by Mechons that kick my ass every time. The ultimate beef I have with the game is that 90% of the time progress is fairly easy, but then I hit a difficulty spike and because progress had been so easy, it feels like the game hasn't prepared me for beginning to know how to manage those spikes. Makes for a frustrating experience so I can see why Casual mode is a hit with you. My secondary problem is that the combat system does nothing for me, so grinding or looking up tips to tackle certain fights brings me no satisfaction. I'd gladly take a casual mode on the Wii version to get me to the end, but I'm not planning on buying the Switch version and playing through the whole game again just to use casual mode.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

1UP_MARIO

Good stuff. We’re in for a treat.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Dogorilla

@gcunit *her, but what do you mean? Is the Switch version not actually HD? Either way I'm not too concerned about the specific resolution, just the general graphical improvements - the Switch version looks a lot better from what I've seen.

gcunit

@Dogorilla Sorry. I almost put 'her/him/them' because I wasn't sure, but just got lazy. I'll try harder.

I've not played the Switch version, but from what I've heard, the resolution is not what many hoped for and to call it HD would be stretching things a bit, certainly at times, as I understand it.

gcunit

****! The patch for the SpongeBob game is 5.3gb!

NintendoByNature

@gcunit I think XC:DE looks amazing, really. Handheld is a little muddy in some areas. On The t.v. though, id argue it's one of the better looking games on switch. That's probably because of the environments themselves though. Satorl marsh at night, Eryth sea, and valak mountain at night look phenomenal imo. Then again, I'm easily pleased lol.

NintendoByNature

Dogorilla

@gcunit No worries. Maybe I'll put my pronouns or some other indication of my gender in my signature. It might not be a bad idea for other people to do that too, for the avoidance of doubt.

Ah I see. Well as I said, the character models in particular are vastly improved, so even if it's not full HD I'm sure it will still look nice. Better than the blurry mess that came from close-up shots of characters' faces in the Wii version, at least.

JaxonH

@gcunit @Dogorilla
It’s HD, but it is 720p so it’s a softer image. It does look incredible on the TV though. You can tell it’s a softer image but, it’s still HD, and the overall visuals are amazing. Would definitely look mint at full 1080p, but it still looks great. When I see this game on the TV, I’m in awe at how gorgeous it looks, even despite being on the lower end of the HD spectrum. It kinda hits that bare minimum HD threshold where, no, it won’t be super ultra crisp, but it’s not blurry either. Its just a happy 720p middle ground. But the visuals really make up for any shortcoming not being full 1080p. You see the screenshots above I posted. Those were all taken on my Switch in 720p.

Handheld is where it’s sub-HD. Now, make no mistake, it’s LEAGUES better than the 3DS version. Totally playable. And even in handheld it’s better than the Wii version. If you want Xenoblade on the go, it gets the job done. But it’s not a looker in handheld. What I mean is, you won’t be gobsmacked by how crisp and gorgeous it is in handheld. It’s just kind like of, eh, this’ll do. Little lower res, definitely not impressive, but it looks alright.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade, Trails of Cold Steel 3, Borderlands 2, Burnout Paradise, Bioshock, XCOM 2

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020

Jesus is Lord.

MsJubilee

gcunit wrote:

Dogorilla Sorry. I almost put 'her/him/them' because I wasn't sure, but just got lazy. I'll try harder.

I hope you're joking about trying harder. I refuse to believe someone would get upset being called the wrong pronoun. There's no way you would know.

I don't enjoy suffering alone. However, I don't mind making others suffer alone.

I'm reading BlackSad, No Longer Human(Manga adaptation&book), and Metro 2035.

Juggling through Dishonored 1, Bayo1, and Zombi.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

More evidence a Monster Hunter for Switch is indeed coming. And this makes no mention of the 3 different credible leaders who have said its coming.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020

Jesus is Lord.

Qwertyninty

@Ninfan warface is damn good and the best COD alternative you can get on switch.

Qwertyninty

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
"The patch for the SpongeBob game is 5.3 GB! "

Wut ?! 🤪

I played ACNL / ACNH for Villagers Hunting.
I will kick some butts the unwanted villagers from my island.
My island is only for Top 10 villagers.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

link3710

@JaxonH While I don't exactly buy into leaks, a MH for Switch is a no brainer. Monster Hunter has a huge Nintendo audience, and the games sell like hotcakes on Switch. We could see a 3rd party title top 5 mil (if not more) finally on the system if they did that. I don't think a brand new Monster Hunter selling in line with Luigi's Mansion 3 is out of the question.

link3710

NintendoByNature

I still want to grab spongebob at some point. But, at those update sizes, I might as well grab it digitally on sale

NintendoByNature

Magician

@JaxonH @link3710

My assumption is that Switch is getting Monster Hunter Stories 2.

Switch Physical Collection - 620 games (as of July 1st, 2020)
Currently playing: The Grisaia Trilogy (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic