Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 49,601 to 49,620 of 69,981

Dogorilla

Haven't played Star Allies but I really enjoyed Crafted World. It's not as good as Woolly World and the collectibles are pretty tedious, but it's still a very creative, charming and fun game in my opinion. I'd give Crafted World an 8/10 and Woolly World 10/10.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Octane

Remember that one 3D Kirby screenshot?

Kirby needs to do something fun for me to he interested. The best games are 64, Epic Yarn and clay Kirby on the Wii U. The one on the Switch just looks pretty generic. I've heard it's quite short as well, so I never bought it (didn't help that it was €60 either).

Octane

NEStalgia

@Dezzy & Knuckles

@JaxonH "Multiplayer" I agree, but I think the odd local multi obsession on 3DS & Switch from Nintendo is a mixture of the Wii mentality (I.E. 1-2-Switch), but also largely just a "this is really for Japan but you can have it too" thing. It fits, or at least used to fit, how Japan plays. It sucks when it's a "big release" from an IP we want a big game of and it's really just a local multiplayer outing, but I think that's really a Japan targeted thing. But then fans would moan if they didn't localize some big IP games "why doesn't Nintendo localize anything, why is it all Japan exclusive?"

@Ralizah Disagree on Crafted World. I loved that game. It is a different game from Wooly World, yes. I think the "extra" gameplay did focus too much on the background scenery. But I darned near hundred percented that game (a few of the true bonus levels once you 100% the regular levels really tripped me up and I never finished them.) And I very rarely 100% games. Both WW and CW were excellent, highly memorable games to me. Different but both excellent. Agreed on Star Allies though. It was a coop group brawler disguised as a Kirby game. Felt more like a Smash battle rush mode or something more than a real Kirby game.

NEStalgia

link3710

@Octane Eh? No love for Amazing Mirror (a well done metroidvania) or Robobot (just a well designed game in general)? Or heck, Superstar Saga Ultra, the best game in the series?

I mean, 64 / Epic Yarn / Rainbow Curse are good, but I wouldn't call any of them the best games in the series by far.

As for Star Allies? The base game is super disappointing, no question. The post-game content is some of the best in the series, and gets SUPER difficult at the highest difficulties (prepare to die over and over again) but I can't recommend it on that alone.

And yeah, full agreement with everyone on Crafted World not being close to reaching Woolly World's high standards. Woolly World is the first Yoshi game since Yoshi's Island I can recommend without caveats.

link3710

Octane

@link3710 I never owned a 3DS, so I can't comment on those. But from my experience I tend to prefer the Kirby games that are a bit different. Return to Dreamland was quite generic and bland, and it looks a lot like the Switch game. At least Epic Yarn had a cool aesthetic going for it. I have fond memories of 64, it's a bit of a weird game, but combining the power ups never gets old. And Rainbow Curse was just a very unique experience on its own.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane The "different" Kirby games tend to go to handhelds.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Ralizah Maybe that's the problem then lol. Either way, I hope they next one will try something new.

Octane

Duboiss

I think it’s time for both yoshi and Kirby to have 3D installment or at least to try something new/more ambitious. with the fluffier jump a first-person yoshi could be neat.

Also Kirby rpg anyone ?

Duboiss

Solaine

@BruceCM awesome thanks! i might take another peek then

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

JaxonH

Eiyuden Chronicles kickstarter is live! Spiritual successor to Suikoden. $1m unlocks console versions.

And I'm AMAZED at their transparency. They've stated the following:

Concerning Money Grabs
We have confirmed with any potential publisher we will NOT sign a contract with them that shuts off a key platform from our backers (like Little Devil Inside devs did for timed PS5 exclusivity when it should be on Switch day one)

Concerning Platforms
The elephant in the room is that while nobody knows what Nintendo’s plans are for when this game releases, in just about every major Japanese game crowdfunding campaign, when a lower spec hardware has been listed on the campaign, it has invariably been too expensive, often times requiring downgrading textures, massive amounts of code rewrites, effectively meaning building two games.

For anyone that has backed one of these campaigns, you obviously know the outcome. These platforms usually get cancelled or dropped from the campaign. So, again, in keeping with 100% transparency for what is an incredibly difficult problem, if the console stretch goal is cleared, we will create a version of the game for Nintendo hardware.

Hopefully, that will be something akin to a Switch 2, allowing for similar quality and gameplay experience across all platforms. In the end, if no such console is announced by the time we need to create new console version branches, we will go through the major challenges of the aforementioned texture changes and code rewrites, or refund any backers who pledged to the platform, if there is absolutely no solution.

Concerning Retail Releases Before Backers
This is unforgivable in our eyes. We have confirmed with every potential publishing partner that backer copies will be shipped out BEFORE retail copies are shipped to stores.

Concerning Backer Incentives
All DLC will be free to backers, but paid for everyone else at time of release.

They go on about a number of other concerns, but these guys really get it. I wasn't going to kickstart anymore but they've alleviated all my concerns.

Untitled

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rabbitandbearstudios/eiy...

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Solaine

@JaxonH wow, this actually sounds really good, i saw the news but not how transparent the developers are on this. I am always a bit mixed on kickstarter but this really makes me reconsider supporting it. Additionally i have heard almost only positive things on suikoden so this really makes me excited. Thanks for posting!

Edited on by Solaine

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Magician

I wish the developers making Eiyuden Chronicles the best of luck, the first two Suikoden games have a special place in my heart, but I won't be contributing. Crowd funding has burned me too many times.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@JaxonH I literally can't even get to the page, it seems this Kickstarter took down the whole website. Thanks for posting the FAQ, that's exactly what I was looking for.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
Ya theres a kickstarter outage. Should be fixed soon enough I imagine.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Sad how rare it is for the person detailing one of these campaigns to just sit down and talk to us like adults, innit? I wasn't going to back this, and I might still hold off, but I'm kind of tempted now.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Duboiss Let's make it what the next gen kiddos love: Yoshi of War: The Reckoning.
Or we can go post-post-post-modernist. My Yoshi Life about a gender-confused depressed Yoshi living in Portland trying to move past his hatching struggles of an abusive mushroom addicted father figure that would drop him on spikes and down bottomless pits, only to feed him and care for him, complete with soothing singer-songwriter ukulele music as he challenges his inner demons and cookie addiction to "find himself."

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

Just Watched Did You Know Gamings recent Zelda Plagiarism video and genshin impact made the list. They said it was a free to play game with micro transactions. Maybe I missed that back when it was announced, but it certainly surprised me.

NintendoByNature

DenDen

@NintendoByNature saw that one as well very interesting video

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Solaine

@NintendoByNature well after a game like this gets free to play it always becomes very suspicious...

NintendoByNature

@DenDen @Solaine I actually think the game looks awesome and I've been anticipating it since it was announced for switch. Just didn't know its free to play and makes me wonder how good it'll be. I can see that for online games, but haven't heard much about single player games that are F2P

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic