Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 49,461 to 49,480 of 69,995

link3710

@NintendoByNature Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall seeing any sort of 35th anniversary branding on either of those?

@JaxonH If it was coming in September, production of the physical carts has to start in the next few weeks. Unless it's digital only (which I'll admit is a possibility), they need to announce it basically now in order for it not to leak. Anyways, yeah, we'll see at the end of the year. Though if it's not announced by the end of September, I don't see it coming FWIW

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

@Haruki_NLI
There are endless fake leaks. But it also depends who you listen to. Not all leakers are created equal.

Once you narrow down the reliable ones, and only listen to them, you'll find they're right FAR more often then they're wrong. You cant just toss all leaks in a basket and pretend they come from the same source. There are reliable leakers, and unreliable frauds who pass themselves off as leakers. But even the reliable ones aren't right 100% of the time. But just because the weatherman said it would rain today and it didn't, that doeant mean you stop watching the weather channel.

Of the tried and true leakers (King Zell, Emily Rogers, Kelios, etc) you'll find that roughly 80% of what they say actually happens, another 10% could still happen but hasn't yet, and the last 10% never pan out for whatever reason.

Do some research and you learn who you can trust. Doeant mean its guaranteed but it does mean it's far more likely than not. THEY weren't peddling Pokemon Stars, instead they were CORRECTLY predicting Pokemon Let's Go. They werent peddling Mother 3 or Star Fox, instead one said Nintendo was experimenting with internal demos for Star Fox (which is likely where people saw and assumed it was a game). When you have 2 or 3 of these reliable leakers all saying the same thing, that only makes it more likely. They just predicted today's Direct, down to the exact minute it would be announced. I read all about it days ago. These people know what they're talking about.

So ya, you just have to know how to separate the wheat from the chaff, and know how to calculate basic probabilities based off their batting average. It just takes a bit of research and tally keeping and not ignorantly treating leaks like they're all from the same person. You also have to have a little patience. Knowing something exists doesnt mean it's going to get announced when you expect, especially with Nintendo notoriously holding completed games back for later. And you have to be a little flexible understanding that yes, sometimes they'll be off the mark. But only sometimes. Basically, take the Bayesian approach.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@link3710 hmm now I'm second guessing myself. I'll have to go back and check but I was fairly certain that's what it was promoted as.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

I certainly wouldn't take the lego stuff as some sort of proof no Mario video games are coming .... We'll see

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

So, it took less than five minutes for my opinion of Atlus to do a complete 180. The announcement of SMT III HD and re-announcement of SMT V for 2021 squashed all of my concern for how Atlus had been treating the Switch thus far. Well played, Atlus, I was wrong for doubting you.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NotTelevision

I hadn’t checked news in a while then... What!?... Mini-Direct??... then... hmmm...

Actually nothing I think anyone expected, but I’ll be getting all that Cadence DLC and those SMT games look like definitely must buys. Atlas looks to be opening up its back catalogue lately and “yes please” to that.

But Nintendo seem reluctant to announce first party games.... and now I’m questioning those Metroid and Mario rumors.

I really hope that 2D Metroid is coming especially. If we are able to secure this release, plus get a 2020 date for No More Heroes 3, I’ll be happy with Switch this year.

Modest expectations going forward.

NotTelevision

sixrings

Just to let everyone know NintendoEverything has shown that the Fzero Twitter account is a fake and it is likely the 35th Mario anniversary account is fake as well.

sixrings

JaxonH

Yes, the Twitter accounts are fake, but I never put much stock into them as aaaaaaaa didnt seem very professional in the first place. They weren't made until after the Mario 35th game was leaked anyways

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@Magician I was wondering how you were feeling after that tbh. Atlus came in swinging with the SMT III remaster, I'm hyped for that.

@NintendoByNature Yeah, I'm looking at that article and it looks like the article itself mentions the anniversary, but nothing on the products itself does, nor does the official descriptions for them.

link3710

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Well SMTV news is a huge "first party-ish" deal since it was a stage launch event game for the console.

But yeah the rest I agree. I still can't figure out what Nintendo is doing. It really seems to me like they're trying to see how long they can go and how much profit they can turn WITHOUT pushing first party games.....A few evergreens and rake in royalties from the 3rd parties....just like to good old NES days finally reborn. It may well be their strategy to keep first party to a necessary minimum only when sales demand it.

I also still think they're running in silent while PSXBox sort out price points and what they're doing, and I strongly am believing more and more that they're gearing up for Switch 2 internally. The hardware aged rapidly as mobile tech is prone to.....New 3DS arrived in around the coming time period.....it might be time for them to unleash their "Switch 1X" if not Switch 2, and that would affect, heavily what they (and third parties) can do hardware-wise.)

The generational change for MS/Sony was never going to be easy for Switch. But this is indeed a frustrating state of affairs, especially if they come out with "Spend $350 more on new hardware to get the most of the upcoming games you should have had last year" as a result. It's a little Wii-ish. "Best selling console ever, let's stop making games for 3.5 years while we prepare our new hardware."

NEStalgia

Ralizah

Games with "Shin Megami Tensei" in the title were score-bombed across metacritic.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
What?!

Are people for real?? I can at least understand review bombing when people feel a game is unjustly propped up by access media and want to make a statement to expose the fraudulence, and even then I only said I understand it, not endorse or condone it, but review bombing games that have nothing to do with them, just because you didnt like an announcement the franchise was featured in (and even THEN, not because it was a bad announcement but because there werent other announcements)...

I'm ashamed to be a Switch gamer today.

Ralizah

@JaxonH Spamming games with low user scores for no good reason seems to be all the rage these days.

Honestly, it was probably one dude with 50 different accounts. Remember how AI: The Somnium Files' user score got nuked by one person?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jump

Maybe they just wanted a Persona 5 port instead

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

gcunit

If just one of the SMT games had been releasing this September-November, then let's party, but the fact neither are does make the Direct look a little like an act of desperation.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

I think the Japan Direct was done and then the one for the rest of the world was an afterthought. The Japan Direct was:

• Sakuna: Of Rice & Ruin - November 12th
  • Atelier Ryza 2 - Don't know what it says for the release
  • Cadence of Hyrule DLC - July 20th/Cadence of Hyrule physical version - October 23rd
  • Some Konami game (don't know what it says) - November 19th
  • Highlight reel - Mixture of games releasing in July and August (e.g. Ninjala, Rogue Company, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Jump Force)
  • SMTV - 2021
  • SMT3 Nocturne HD - October 29th

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic