Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 49,421 to 49,440 of 69,981

Haruki_NLI

Interesting that this will be the first in a series.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

“Few updates”
“Small group”
“Previously announced”
“10 minutes”

Almost sounds like they should have just updated us with twitter posts.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

If you take out the 1st party developed stuff in the March Direct Mini it's around 14 minutes:

• 2K collections - 1.5 minutes
  • Shinsekai - 1 minute
  • Good Job! - 1 minute (Nintendo published)
  • Catherine - 1 minute
  • King's Bounty II - 1 minute
  • Bravely Default II - 4.5 minutes (Nintendo published outside Japan)
  • Ninjala - 1 minute
  • Jedi Academy + Panzer Dragoon - 1 minute
  • What's coming to Nintendo Switch? - 1.5 minutes
    Total - 13.5 minutes

Tame your expectations based on the wording of the announcement and this info.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI III HD REMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI V!!!!!!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MsJubilee

Oh my goodness, I was not expecting any of this. I'm in shock

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

BruceCM

Ralizah wrote:

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI III HD REMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI V!!!!!!

Um, you're happy? Hardly dared hope SMT V would get mentioned today & no idea they'd add the other one ..... So, I'm pretty hyped for those

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

Ok, SMT3 and SMT5 in 2021 as a global release? That saved it. Literally, because there was nothing else. Should have just called it an SMT update. But oh well. This is great news!

Also, Atelier Ryza 2 was announced for Switch. Which we knew from the leaks already but still, nice to have it confirmed

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

I didn't watch the Direct but was it literally just 2 games coming in 2021 and DLC packs for an indie? Because if it is, then that still doesn't say much for the rest of the year even from a third party standing. You would have thought they would at least have provided updates on a certain few games we know are coming this year such as Bravely Default 2 and No More Heroes 3 etc.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Ralizah

@JaxonH lol I was kind of clicking through the video. Feelings of disappointment started to slowly well up again. And then I get to the end, and I see the Demi-Fiend, and I almost choked on my water.

I knew we'd hear about SMT V eventually. I knew Atlus does this, where they work on a game quietly for years and then show it to us not far out from launch. But it still feels so good to finally get a date nailed down, to see more of it. And I'm really happy that rumored SMT III remaster turned out to be a thing.

Getting both of these physically. Maybe digitally, too. I dunno.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

So as SMTV emerges from the vaporware, DOOM Eternal sinks deeper into it.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DenDen

Yes SMT 3 and 5
Japan had a very good direct

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Dogorilla

@FragRed Yeah those were the only new announcements (there was also new footage of Rogue Company and WWE Battlegrounds), but they did say there will be more partner showcase Directs throughout the rest of this year.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

link3710

SMT III and V both went straight onto my wishlist for next year. Atlier Ryza 2 too, which was a new game announced... but only in Japan for whatever reason. Anyways, Cadence DLC is nice, looking forward to that. Additional characters, music and story all are good things for a game that replayable.

link3710

JaxonH

Whoever is deciding how to market and announce games at Nintendo should be fired, immediately. They've got 0 1st party games with dates the rest of the year, or even confirmed for the rest of the year. And they give us a direct with like virtually nothing in it. Even for 3rd party 2020, virtually nothing.

They deserve every downvote they get.

Its unfortunate though because SMT announcements were legit. And they shouldn't take the brunt of people's anger. But, it is what it is.

And why wasnt Atelier Ryza included in the western direct? Its announced for the west now. Yet they didnt include showing it? It's like they're not even trying.

All that said, we know we're getting 3D World and the Mario Collection this year and they have to have announced them by Sept. So... I guess we play the waiting game another 60 days. Just not expecting ANYTHING else from them this year now.

@Ralizah
I want SMT IV collection on Switch too. But I'll gladly take 3 and 5. Sucks we gotta wait another year but at least now we know what's up. We can look forward to it.

Azooooz

I mean, what did people expect? Mario Sunshine 2? Zelda BOTW 3 ( I mean 2)? F-Zero?

Nintendo stated that it'll be 3rd-party mini direct before the show, and some interpreted it it will be a full blast 1st party direct with unrealistic expectations. Some people need to learn how to read because it's becoming annoying now.

Anyway, this direct was "OK", not abysmal nor great, but it's within my expectation. Shin Megami Tensei V is something that I thought I would see, but not a remake of the third game.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Anti-Matter

I think i was the only one here got excited by Ninjala from Mini Direct.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Azooooz I think people are expecting a lineup for the rest of the year. I dont think its a case of people not reading properly. Sure I have quite a bit to play for a few months, but that doesn't mean I'm happy with what I have over the next 6 months as far as new games are concerned. Plus the lack of new 1st party stuff this year is getting to alot of people. Again, I want to repeat that I'm content for the next few months, but there's alot of people who aren't, and I certainly don't blame them for feeling frustrated.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

It's not that people expected more from this presentation, as if they thought more would be announced. They set the expectations right away.

It's that people expected MORE than just this presentation. It's not the content of the presentation that's the issue, it's the presentation itself. People (myself included) are frustrated that, again, there's literally ZERO first party titles now and yet, they still refuse to make announcements. Instead, we get Bakugan. Instead, we get WWE Battlegrounds and Rogue Company, with one good 2021 announcement from Atlus.

That's the problem. We expect more than 10 minute micro Directs that give us one new 3rd party announcement for next year when we're dying of thirst for announcements this year, with absolutely zilch on the 2020 roster.

Until peoples' "basic needs", so to speak, are met, everything else will fall on deaf ears. If they had just announced games for rest of year a week ago, with 3D World, Mario Collection, Pikmin 3, maybe even Metroid Prime Trilogy (which are ports but at the rate we're going would feel like e3), and then had this presentation a week later? People would love it. Because those "basic needs" have already been met.

But you're only going to tick people off with these announcements until you take care of business first: establish a 6 month window of expected releases, with at least the next immediate release dated. Only then will people be receptive to these announcements sprinkled in micro presentations

Edited on by JaxonH

link3710

@Anti-Matter But... isn't Ninjala long out? And it wasn't even in the western direct, not sure what they talked about in the Japanese version about it.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@Azooooz Some 3rd party games releasing in 2020 was my expectation and it didn't even do that. 2020 after July is just as barren as it was before the Direct Mini.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic